Always Comes Back To You…

Guest Danifan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 10

Do you ever wake up and feel your life is jinxed? I felt like that for the entire time we’ve lived in the Bay. For every good thing that happens about four major bad things follow that makes the good thing feel rubbish. I woke up still angry with Kirsty, and even angrier with myself for being stupid and ringing Will. As much as I’d love to confide all this in him it wouldn’t have been fair to him or his marriage. He needed to concentrate on that and I had to find a way to move on with my life.

Breakfast was tense to say the least. Kirsty was sulking liked she was the one who had been wringed and I could see in dad’s face he was about to explode. I forced some food down; after all I wasn’t spending all day working at the kiosk starving just because Kane’s horrible little face made me want to throw up. Kirsty played with her food. Dad snapped.

‘Kirsty eat your food and stop the sulking. You’re nearly seventeen not seven.’

‘I’m not hungry’ Kirsty was obviously in the mood to antagonise an argument. ‘And I’m not sulking. You haven’t even tried to see where I’m coming from about Kane. He’s really changed and you won’t even give him a chance’

‘He’s changed? Into what? a koala bear?’ dad answered sarcastically

‘Now who’s being childish’ Kirsty said frustrated

‘Well it seems to be the only thing you understand’ dad told her firmly.

Kirsty turned to me.

‘Dani, please if you just forgive him you’ll see he isn’t the same man who..’

‘Who raped me? You can’t even say it Kirsty. He pinned me down…’

‘I know and he’s sorry’ she whined.

‘Most criminals and perverts are after they’ve done something wrong, or more to the point, confessed to doing something wrong’ I was really losing any sympathy I may have had for her.

‘This isn’t fair. You don’t know him. You’re just being selfish’ she shouted. At that point I’d had enough.

‘Selfish? I’m being selfish? This coming from Kirsty Sutherland; the most self centred, whiney, spoilt little princess ever likely to walk the earth.’ I was on a roll.

‘I just want…’

‘…Everything your own way as usual and if you aren’t going to get it your going to sulk until we give in.’

‘I want you to give him a chance. I’ve forgiven him, why can’t you’ she said. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I always knew Jade was the more intelligent out of the twins but I didn’t think Kirsty was that stupid.

‘You’ve forgiven him? What exactly have you forgiven him for? Dumping you!’ I was so angry.

‘No. For you know…’ she said

‘Raping me? You’ve forgiven him for raping me. Me, Kirsty, not you. The whole world does not revolve around you and how you’re feeling’

‘I know but..’

‘Just shut up Kirsty, we’ve all had a belly full of what you think’ Mom said.

‘ I’m going to the kiosk’ I said trying to get away from my treacherous little sister and her twisted fantasy world.

‘You can’t, Kane’s coming over. I called him. I thought if you just saw how much he’d changed’ Kirsty said.

‘No way. I don’t want him in this house.’ I said. Just the thought of him being back in the same house where he attacked me made my want to throw up.

‘Don’t worry sweetheart, he isn’t coming near this house. If he does it will be over my dead body, or preferably over his.’ Dad said

‘But dad…’ Kirsty was still annoyed her plan had backfired.

‘Kirst, just ring him and tell him he can’t come, it’s not that hard’ Jade said

‘No’ Kirsty said defiantly

‘Fine, then I will’ Jade said grabbing at Kirsty’s phone. Kirsty grappled and snatched it back.

‘Ok, I’ll ring him’ Kirsty said storming off to her room.

‘I mean it Kirsty. He is not to come near this house or Dani’ dad shouted at her.

I left the house and walked to the kiosk with Max and Jade. Max was whittering on about some weird computer game his friend had got. In a way I felt like I was being baby sat by my little sister and cousin.

When I arrived Alf was there in a bad mood.

‘Where have you been? I don’t pay you to open late’ he said gruffly. I wasn’t in the mood.

‘Excuse me, you don’t pay me at all, my dad does. So if you don’t like how we’re running our business then that’s your problem’ I felt a little bad but soon got over it.

‘Sorry love, bad morning you know? Alf said. I always got the feeling Alf had a soft spot for me after I held my own during my time as his deckhand.

‘Certainly do’ I said giving him a little smile.

‘See ya later’ he said leaving me with chores galore to sort out. Funny how by this point Jade, Nick, Max and Seb had conveniently disappeared.

After a few hours, dad came in.

‘Sorry love the suppliers were being a nightmare, I’ll take over from you now’

‘Thank you. Is Mom at home?’

‘No she had to go to the Drop in Centre for a couple of hours. Your sisters at home, I thought maybe you could try talking to her. She’s still in a foul mood.’

‘Oh, lovely.’ I said sarcastically. ‘I’ll see what I can do.’ I told him and made my way home with a couple of chocolate, creamy cakes from the diner. I could here laughter so I assumed she had got over her little strop with the help of her friends. I should have realised at this point Kirsty’s behaviour had lost her all her friends.

As I walked in, there he was. Kane Philips laughing and playing on the same sofa he raped me on.

‘Dani…’ Kirsty said. ‘I can explain. Kane…’

‘Save it’ I couldn’t take my eyes off him. I threw the cakes on the table and ran out to the beach as fast as I could. Once there I just collapsed to my knees in the sand and burst into tears. I’d never felt as violated as this since that day.

I heard someone run up behind me. Breathless. I knew exactly who it was.

‘Get away from me’

‘Dani just listen. We love each other. I’m sorry that you can’t accept that but…’ they put their sweaty hand on my shoulder. I froze with fear. ‘…that’s the way it is and you aren’t going to wreck this for me’

‘Get your hands off her’ I heard from behind me.

‘I wasn’t doing anything’ Kane moaned.

‘If you go near her again you’ll never be doing anything again, do you get me’ the voice was now right behind me.

Kane didn’t say a word. He let out a big sigh of frustration and stormed off down the beach.

‘Dan, are you ok’ I smiled as he sat next to me.

‘Fine, now’ I said with a tear stained face as I fell into his strong comforting arms. He kissed my forehead and held me tight. My knight in shining armour. I didn’t know how or why he’d come back but at that moment I didn’t care. I needed Will and he was there for me unconditionally.

awwwwh I love this fan fic because its about Dani, i liked dani and will as a couple but my fav was Dani and josh. Your fanfics are great ive been waiting a long time for a fanfic about, dani, kirsty and kane i loved the old memories it really feels like the atomosphere when you right thanks ^_^^_^

Hi Danifan.

In line with the new rules for fanfictions I have made some changes to the first post in your story, see here. I'd appreciate it if you'd take five minutes to make the necessary changes and PM me with any problems/difficulties/questions or post them in this thread.

Thanks.

Archived