Always Comes Back To You…

Guest Danifan

Chapter 11

We sat on the beach in complete silence for half an hour. His strong arms didn’t let go of me once. I could feel his heartbeat as my tears slowly dried. I just kept thinking how perfect his timing had been. I looked up into his eyes:

‘I should get going, Mom will be worried’

‘I’ll walk you home if you like?’ he said.

I smiled, probably for the first time that day. Will being a true gentleman lifted me off the sand onto me feet and smiled. He’d made one of the worst days of my life ten times better by just being there.

‘What are you going to do?’ he asked

‘I have no idea’ I said. If truth be told the only thing I wanted to do was beat some sense into my sister, but I knew deep down that she’d just twist it into another chapter of her fairytale romance: Rapisteo and Juliet.

‘ I don’t even know what to say to her’

‘You shouldn’t have to say anything, she should be doing all the talking starting with a big fat grovelling apology’ Will said ‘then you can give her a good slap’ he said cheekily. I laughed; another first for that day.

As we walked my might started to wonder: why was Will back? I mean I was grateful for his support but at the end if the day I wasn’t his responsibility, his wife (if you’d call her that) and daughter were. I didn’t have the energy to put up with two psychos trying to ruin my life, one was more than enough.

‘You haven’t asked’ Will said ominously, like he’d read my mind.

‘Asked what?’

‘What I’m doing back in The Bay’ he said knowing full well that was what I was thinking about.

I waited for a few minutes, I wasn’t sure I really wanted to know, but in the end I had to know, for my own sanity if nothing else.

‘So...’ I said

‘Well when Hayley told me about Kane being back I couldn’t stay away. I wanted to make sure you were ok.’

‘Oh yeah and how did Gypsy react to that’ I said a little unsure whether to believe it or not.

‘Well she’s the other reason I’m back. I tried to make it work for Lily’s sake but I just couldn’t, she isn’t who I love’ he said stopping me and looking intensely into my eyes. ‘Dani she will never make me as happy as you do. A marriage shouldn’t have been that much of an up hill struggle to make it work’.

‘So what you just left her and she’s fine with it?’ I asked a little taken aback.

‘It was more complicated than that… I…I asked who Lily’s real father was…’ he said

‘What did she say?’ I was a little nervous as to what Will was going to say next.

‘Well after a lot of excuses she finally told me. After that I just knew I couldn’t be with her anymore. I‘ll never love her and the longer we dragged it out the more I resented her from letting me be happy and trapping me into the life she wants. Dani, me and Gypsy are over for good and it’s staying that way.’

‘Well… maybe in time you’ll accept her, and as for Lily you love her to bits no matter who her biological father is…’

‘It’s Jude’ he interrupted

‘Jude Lawson, Noah’s brother’ I asked a little shocked to say the least

‘Yeah’

‘But he was with Shauna..’

‘Yeah well it seems Gypsy had no qualms about sleeping with her mate’s boyfriend behind her back’

‘Then she slept with you and that lecturer to cover for the fact he’d got her pregnant and tricked you into believing…

‘That I was the father. It was all a scheme to trap me into marriage and I fell for it’ Will said.

I couldn’t believe it of Jude. He always seemed so nice and decent. It didn’t surprise me once of Gypsy though, after all she’s had more men than the Grand Old Duke of York and she’d never exactly been the friend’s type.

‘I guess it was just the excuse I was looking for to just get away from her and her lies. I wanted to come back to The Bay, start again..’ he took my hand ‘…with you’.

I was overwhelmed. I’d had quite a few bad, and in some cases scandalous, bombshells dropped on me in one day yet this one was probably the one that conflicted me the most. On the one hand I loved him more than anyone, but on the other I’d been hurt badly twice by him and there was also Gypsy to consider, I know full well what a nightmare she’s going to be to get rid of and there’s always going to be those doubts that again he’d choose her.

‘Will…I …don’t know…’ I said.

I wasn’t given chance to say anything else. Bright lights from the road headed straight for us and had no intention of stopping. Will dived at me pushing me out of the way onto the ground as the car screeched to a halt just missing us. The car drove off at top speed leaving Will and I clinging to each other on the ground.

‘Who was that’ I said shaking with fear and on the verge of being hysterical. I knew that our troubles were likely to get much worse after this, not better.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you liked it.

Chapter 12

Will and I, although shaken and to be honest, still in shock, made our way to the police station to report the incident. I ended up wishing I hadn’t bothered. After giving a statement even I doubted whether anything could have been done. I mean we had hardly any evidence or descriptions of the car or the driver.

‘Dani, are you ok sweetheart, we came as quickly as possible’ Dad said as he and Mom came through the entrance of the police station.

‘I’m fine’ I told them. ‘Will saved me’.

‘Will? What was he doing there?’ Dad said

‘Rhys, does it really matter as long as you’re ok. Do they have any idea who might have done this’ Mom said, her overprotective mother mode going into overdrive as I felt her squeeze my hand for dear life.

‘No, not really. There aren’t exactly a lot of clues to go on. Peter’s interviewing Will now’.

‘Well did you mention Kane, and Will’s mad wife, they have to be suspects’ Dad said. ‘It wouldn’t surprise me if either of them did this, they are both as twisted as each other’.

‘Yes I mentioned them in passing. They said they’d look into them.’ I said.

‘Oh, how comforting’ Dad said sarcastically.

‘Rhys!’ Mom snapped

‘I’m sorry Shell but some nutcase has just tried to kill my daughter, I want more than them looking into it’. Dad was obviously worked up about this.

Will came out of the interviewing room, along with Peter and another policeman. I jumped up immediately to see him.

‘Are you ok?’ I asked

‘Yeah I’m fine, how about you?’

‘Yeah I’ll be fine, not sure about dad though’ I said with a little laugh.

‘Well first thing tomorrow all our officers will be looking for all abandoned cars and speaking to their owners. Are you two sure their isn’t anyone else you can think of other than Kane Philips and Gypsy Nash with a potential grudge against either of you? Peter announced.

‘Gypsy, I doubt it was her’ Will said

‘Why, because she’s so well balanced?’ I couldn’t help but be angry at that little statement and the obvious indication that Will hadn’t even mentioned her as a potential suspect.

‘No I didn’t mean that, it’s just well she isn’t even in the Bay is she? Will protested but it was too late he’d already annoyed me.

‘And what she’s never heard of a plane?’ I was angry, tired and still a little shaken. I just wanted to go home. ‘Thanks for letting us know Peter. Can we go home now?’ I asked Mom and Dad.

‘Yeah of course we can. Do you want a lift to Irene’s Will?’ Mom said.

‘No it’s alright it’s not that far’ he said obviously sensed at this point in time he wasn’t welcome.

‘Let’s get you home then’ Dad said

‘Great. Let’s go’ I said eager just to go home and forget the day ever happened.

‘Dani we need to talk…’ I heard Will say.

‘I’ll speak to you tomorrow Ok?’ I was still a little annoyed at him and I knew with my temper I’d most likely say a few things I’d regret in the morning.

Arriving home I faced another grilling, this time from Max and the twins. Well it was more Jade and Max. Kirsty seemed distracted and to be honest I was still disgusted and angry with her.

‘Do they know who it was driving the car?’ Max said ‘They must really have it in for you’.

‘Thanks for that Max, you sure know how to cheer a girl up’ I said sarcastically.

‘Leave your cousin alone’ I heard dad shout from the kitchen ‘It’s time you were in bed anyway

I decided to go to bed as well. The day had been terrible and I wanted my bed more than anything. I felt so tired I felt I probably wouldn’t wake up for the next couple of days. Then I heard a beeping on my phone. I had a text from Will.

‘You haven’t answered my question? I meant everything I said, it’s you I want and I’m willing to wait as long as it takes. I’ll speak to you tomorrow. All my love, Will xxx’.

Maybe tomorrow I will get up I thought. After all it can’t be any worse than today can it?

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Loads more to come from this story. Plenty more twists and turns in store.

Chapter 13

I woke up late, yesterday’s many revelations and dramas had obviously taken it out of me. I wondered down stairs relaxed and ready to take on the world (well, sort of). Mom was the only person in the house.

‘Afternoon’ she said sarcastically while sorting out our washing.

‘It’s not that late. And anyway do you blame me for hiding under the duvet after yesterday?’ I said. After all I was the victim of the situation it’d be wrong of me not to milk the situation just a bit.

‘No of course not. So what are your plans today?’

‘To avoid all exes and psychos, especially exes with psycho exes, if that makes sense’ I told her.

‘So you don’t want to see Will then, find out what he has to say’ she said not very subtlety.

‘No. What’s the point? He’s going to tell me what I want to hear then Gypsy will ask him to jump and he’ll ask her how high. I could do without it.’

‘Maybe this time it’s different’ she said

‘Yeah this time she’s completely off her rocker’ I wasn’t in the best mood to say the least.

‘You don’t know it was her’ Mom said

‘Don’t you start with the whole ‘Gypsy’s not the sort’ because that’s a load of rubbish. She’s a bunny boiler and has had it in for me since Will and I got together the first time.’

‘She’s not that bad’ Mom said. Those words and wound me up once again.

‘What’s wrong with me Mom. Most people go there whole life without making an enemy of a complete psychopath, I can’t seem to go one day without another one popping up.’

‘You’re being a bit pessimistic. You need to have faith in the situation’. It was such a counsellor thing to say.

‘Come on Mom. What’s the point? I didn’t think the man I loved would cheat on me and get someone else pregnant. I didn’t think I’d be raped or that my own sister would announce that she loved the man who did it. I didn’t think some nutcase would try to run me over. Let’s face it Mom, blind faith is not my friend’

Mom sighed. She obviously knew this is one debate she was unlikely to win any time soon.

‘So you wouldn’t be interested to know that Will’s called 5 times since first thing this morning?’ she said in that sly voice she always had when she had the upper hand with her children. ‘He said he’d meet you on the beach if you wanted to talk to him’. She smiled sweetly and walked off up the stairs to sort out the twin’s laundry.

I looked at my watch every five minutes for almost half an hour. I was dithering as to whether to meet him or not. In the end I went with my heart and made my way to the beach. Although it wasn’t very busy, I’d left it too late. He was no where in sight. With disappointment I decided to go check out the diner. If he wasn’t in there, well I could always cheer myself up with a huge piece of chocolate fudge cake and a strawberry milkshake.

I walked in and it was obvious he wasn’t there. I guess I’ll just have to take comfort in a big chunk of cake I thought to myself. Even the thought of sitting in the diner on my own comfort eating was depressing. I decided to leave. And I had to do it quickly as Colleen looked like she was in the mood to chat. I left as quickly as humanly possible only to bump straight into a man with a huge bunch of flowers.

‘I’m so sorry’ I said flustered.

‘Well, I’m not. It looks like I got here in just in time’ said a very familiar voice before Will cheekily popped his head over the bunch of flowers.

‘In time for what exactly?’ I said my icy exterior thawing by the second.

‘To ask the most beautiful girl in the Bay if she’d do me the honour of having dinner with me in this fine establishment’ he said the cheekiest grin spread across his face. It was infectious as I couldn’t help but smile with him. ‘Is that a yes?’

I nodded still unable to stop smiling.

‘Brilliant, well I’ll see you tonight about seven. I’ll pick you up’ he said

‘That would be nice’ I told him.

He began to walk away.

‘Will have you forgotten something?’

‘Oh yeah, these are for you’

‘There beautiful, thank you’ I said now completely smitten once again.

‘So are you’ he said quite sweetly. I kissed him on the cheek.

I noticed him look into the distance behind me. The huge smile slowly disappeared and he looked uncomfortable.

‘Will? Are you OK?’ he nodded towards the distance. I slowly turned round to see in the distance Gypsy getting out of a taxi with her bags behind her.

‘Not again’ I said

‘Dani listen. This isn’t going to change anything between us OK.’

‘Yeah right’

‘Yeah, because I’m not going to let her ruin this for us’ he said taking my right hand and staring into my eyes. ‘Do you trust me?’

‘Of course I do’ I said, wholeheartedly believing it.

‘Well then leave Gypsy to me. She’s going to be out of our lives for good by tonight. Meet me here and I’ll explain tonight’ he said.

‘What are you going to do?’

‘Put an end to any hold she ever had over me. I want her out of my life for good. I’m going to the solicitors. I want a divorce.’

I was a little surprised but at the same time nervous and overjoyed.

‘Are you sure about this?’ I asked

‘I’ve never been more sure. If it means I can be with you without and threats or complications then it’s what I need to do. I love you Dani.’

‘I love you too’ I said then moved in for a loving passionate kiss with his hands firmly cupping my face.

‘Well then nothing’s going to stop me being with you now. Especially not her. Wish me luck, this will probably be messy’ he said kissing me once more for luck. ‘I’ll see you here tonight’. He said and slowly walked off in the direction off his car. Maybe things were looking up for once.

Coming Up…

GYPSY GOES PSYCHO!

DANI FIGHTS FOR HER LIFE!

Chapter 14

The two hours in between Will leaving to see his solicitor and our much anticipated date at the diner went excruciatingly slow. It was like double Maths at school. Just when you think you’ve wasted a good half an hour you check your watch and hardly five minutes has gone by. Picking out the perfect outfit was also a nightmare. What a time for the twins to disappear. Jade was out with Nick and as for Kirsty, I didn’t bother asking as I knew exactly who she was meeting up with tonight. I suppose its only for the best. Jade would have dressed me as Cinderella and Kirsty would probably dress me as a witch. I eventually settled on a pink top and jeans. After all I didn’t want to look too over the top in case the night was a complete disaster.

I made way to the diner. It felt almost like I’d gone back in time two years, back to when we had our first ever date. I had butterflies. I knew tonight was going to be our night.

‘Hi Darl, don’t you look nice’ Irene said warmly as I walked through the door.

‘Thanks Irene, have you spoken to Will today?’

‘No love. Why has something happened?

‘You could say that. Will’s at the solicitors drawing up divorce papers’ I told her still nervous at the thought of him changing his mind at the last minute.

‘That’s brilliant news. The sooner Gypsy Nash is out of his life the better. She was never right for him’ she said giving me a comforting smile. ‘So what time is he getting here then? She asked.

‘He should be here in ten minutes’ I told her.

‘You go and sit down love. I’ll bring you over a coffee’

‘Thanks Irene’. I turned around and sat in the corner booth. Sat on the next table was Peter Baker. ‘Is there on news yet on who tried to run us over?’

‘Not as yet. Gypsy and Kane remain elusive, but we have managed to track down the car. It was stolen so until we get some fingerprints and some statements to rule out any suspects we’ll just have to wait. Sorry.’

‘Well Gypsy’s in town. I saw going to book herself into a hotel today’ I told him.

‘Really well we’ll definitely be having words with Ms Nash’ Peter said standing up to go and pay for his meal.

I smiled at him then checked my watch. Will was late, but then again time keeping never was his strong point. Within minutes though the relief was obvious as Will strolled in looking very pleased with himself. He produced a red rose from behind his back and presented it to me.

‘For you, madam’ he said cheekily.

‘Why thank you kind sir’ I said back.

‘You’re very welcome. Sorry I’m a bit late.’

‘How did it go?’

‘As of now the wheels are in progress for me and you to start again’ he said, placing a large envelope on the table.

‘How do you feel about that?’ I asked. I was horrified with myself. I sounded just like a mini Shelley Sutherland.

‘The sooner she is gone the better. Nothing’s going to stop me from being with you’.

I smiled. In fact I smiled quite a lot. I couldn’t believe after two long years. Will and I had managed to find our way back to each other. Peter came over.

‘Sorry to interrupt, but Dani tells me Gypsy’s in town’

‘Yeah she is. Have you interviewed her yet?’ Will asked.

‘Not yet. Do you have a description or a photo of her?’

‘No need’ I said disheartened. ‘She’s just walked in’

Will spun around as did Peter. So did Irene.

‘You’ve got a nerve. Get out go on go crawl back under your stone.’ Irene shouted flying across the room at her.

‘Irene, Irene please calm down’ Peter said ‘Are you Gypsy Nash?’

‘Actually it’s Smith. And if you’ll excuse me I’d like to speak to my husband’. I had a feeling that that remark was directed firmly at me.

‘Well I’d like to ask you a few questions about your whereabouts on the 29th’ Peter said showing her his badge.

‘That’s right. Lock her up and throw away the key’ Irene snarled.

‘Why what have I supposedly done?’ she said remaining quite calm.

‘The attempted murder of Will Smith and Dani Sutherland’ Peter said. Her eyes darted over to Will and me. Will took my hand comfortingly.

‘Well then you can clear me of any involvement.’ She said confidently. ‘F I’d have done it they’d be no attempted about it’

‘You spiteful little cow’ Irene yelled.

‘Alright ladies. Can you tell me what you were doing between 9 and 10 that evening?’ Peter said firmly trying to investigate and stop Irene committing an actual murder.

‘Of course I can. I wasn’t even in town. I was up in Queensland. Ask my Mom and Dad. He’s detetective Joel Nash in case you wanted to know. I was getting ready to fly down today. Ask the airline if you don’t believe me.’ She said arrogantly.

‘Don’t worry we will. Don’t leave town until we say so’ Peter said before giving us all an understanding look and making his way out of the diner. Gypsy turned to face us.

‘I’m not going anywhere. I’ve come to collect something that’s rightfully mine’ she said with a little wink.

Will stood up from the booth

‘Well here you go.’ He picked up the envelope and pulled out one copy of the divorce papers. ‘Enjoy what’s rightfully yours’

‘Divorce papers? You can’t do that to me. To us. And what about Lily?’ she said the smug exterior now wiped from her face.

‘Well you’ll just have to introduce her to her real dad, won’t you? Stop using her as a bargaining tool Gypsy. I love Dani and I’m being given another chance to be happy with her, one I don’t really deserve, you aren’t going to ruin that for me’ Will told her. I was so proud of him. Any doubts I had about this relationship were lifted.

‘You tell her Will’ we heard from the kitchen with Colleen keeping a very close eye on what was happening like some cheerleader slash spy.

‘So you think you can just take away everything from me. Well you’re wrong Will. I’ll take everything away from you, you just watch me’ she said evilly.

‘Go and look after your daughter Gyps, she needs you’ Will said before coming back to the booth and taking my hand once again. Gypsy walked out with the papers clutched tightly in her hand.

‘It’s just you and me Dan. The way it was supposed to be’ he said sweetly. He leant in and we kissed for minutes. Despite the interruptions the night had been a success, and after a midnight walk along the beach under the stars it was time to return home.

‘I don’t want you to go in. I won’t see you until tomorrow .I’ll miss you tonight’ Will said. It was soppy but I liked it.

‘Well you’ll just have to keep thinking about me won’t you’ I said teasingly.

‘As if I’d be able to think of anything else’ he said as we kissed on the doorstep.

‘Night’ I said

‘Night beautiful. Sweet dreams’ he said kissing my hand and made his way back to his car. I watched and waved him off. I was walking on air.

I walked quietly into the dark house, not wanting to wake anyone. I made myself a drink and sat in the dark for a good ten minutes basking in the thoughts of the blissful night. My phone beeped. It was Will.

‘I’m coming back over. I want to wake up with you. Will xxx’

I was delighted. Waking up in Will’s arms. I took the door off the latch so he didn’t make any noise when he arrived. I thought about getting some things to take to Irene’s with me but got distracted by a strange rustling outside the back door. My curiousity got the better of me and I slowly unlocked the door and walked outside to have a look around.

‘Hello princess’ a voice whispered heavily from behind me giving me a shock.

‘Gypsy’ I gasped ‘What are you doing here?’

‘First you steal my husband then you accuse me of trying too kill you. You are trying to destroy my life. And I won’t let you. Will doesn’t love you he pities you. It’s a phase. And the sooner it’s over the better. The sooner you give up being a nasty little tart and find your own man the better. Your a pathetic, attention seeking little girl. I wouldn’t be surprised if you made up the whole been raped thing just to be centre of attention.’ Her spiteful words got too much. Without a second of hesitation I slapped her as hard as possible around the face knocking one of her earrings out.

‘Ow. You little cow.’ She said then produced a knife from inside the kitchen. ‘I told Will I’d take everything from him…’ she said then lunged forward planting the knife right inside of my stomach and pulling it back again. I collapsed to the floor unable to breath, suffocated by panic and fear I held the wound. ‘And now I have’ she said calmly.

‘G…G… Gypsy… help…me’ I struggled to speak.

‘Not likely. The sooner you’re out of our lives the better. Sweet Dreams’ she stepped over me and ran away from the house. The bleeding increased until darkness came…

Archived