Always Comes Back To You…

Guest Danifan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more for you. :)

Chapter 15

Will’s P.O.V.

Driving back to the caravan park I was so excited. I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve except there was only one thing I really wanted; Dani. The drive back seemed to take longer than the drive too Irene’s. It had been just over 15 minutes since I last saw her and yet it felt like months since I’d seen her. Yes, it sounds soppy but I couldn’t help it. The sooner I saw her again the better.

I pulled up quietly just outside the house. As much as I wanted to see Dani I really didn’t want to explain to Rhys where I was taking his little girl in the middle of the night. I knocked on the front door softly then it slowly opened so I quietly walked in.

‘Dani? Dani, I’m here. Where are you?’ I whispered. I was terrified Rhys was going to catch me and beat me to a pulp. I looked into the kitchen. The back door was wide open. I walked out to find the worst thing I could ever imagine. Dani lying in a pool of blood. I was taken aback by the shock of it then when that passed I went into complete panic over drive.

‘Dani! Dani! Speak to me baby’ I shouted. ‘Please wake up, please baby’. I cradled her in my arms. She was getting colder. ‘Help. Rhys. Shelley. Help’ I shouted in a blind panic. I heard the family rush down the stairs I noticed on the ground an earring. I knew exactly who had done this to her and at the moment I could have killed her with my own bare hands.

‘Will… oh my god... someone call an ambulance’ Rhys snapped

‘What’s going on?’ Kirsty said

‘We haven’t got time to wait for an ambulance, we need to get her to a hospital now’ I said unable to take my eyes of her paling beautiful face.

‘What’s happened to Dani? Is she ok?’ I heard Jade asking Shelley inside the house.

‘Your sister… your sister needs some help’ I heard Shelley saying as diplomatic as possible under the circumstances.

‘Why Mom? Just tell us we’re not kids anymore, what’s happened out there?’ Kirsty demanded

‘She’s been stabbed’ Shelley shrieked.

‘Right Will we’re going to go in your car’ Rhys said firmly.

‘The keys are in the ignition’ I told him picking up her small, fragile body as carefully as possible and racing to the car.

‘Jade call Irene. Ask her to come and collect you and bring you to the hospital’ Shelley said following behind us.

The journey to the hospital seemed to take forever. Probably the longest journey of my entire life. My heart was in my mouth and beating so hard and fast I thought it may just burst right out of my chest. The only bit of hope I had at that moment was the weak heartbeat she still had. Gypsy said she’d take away everything from me, and without Dani she knew I’d be left with nothing. Dani was everything.

The relief at getting to the hospital was minor. Flynn and the nurses took her from my arms then whisked her away to theatre within seconds of us arriving. All we could do is sit and wait.

‘What happened Will?’ Rhys said angrily.

‘I …I... don’t know’ I told him

‘You must know something, she didn’t stab herself’ he said moving closer obviously in the mood to fight.

‘I don’t but don’t worry the minute I do…’ I didn’t finish the sentence

‘Rhys leave him alone this is stressful enough without this’ Shelley said trying to calm Rhys down.

‘Sorry but my daughter is through there fighting for her life’ Rhys said back to her.

‘Our daughter is fighting for her life Rhys. Ours.’ She said bursting into tears on a nearby chair.

‘I’m sorry sweetheart’ Rhys said as they embraced each other in a comforting hug. I’d never seen big bad Rhys Sutherland on the verge of tears before.

I sat down before my legs could give way. My whole body was shaking with fear and anger. The only thoughts running through my mind were ones of revenge against Gypsy. I resented her throughout our marriage for trapping me into a life I didn’t want. Now I hated, loathed and despised her. After 10 minutes sat in silence staring at the earring I’d found next to Dani; Irene, Hayley, Noah, Kirsty, Max, Jade and Nick burst into the hospital.

The girls and Max rushed straight over to Rhys and Shelley. Irene, Hayley, Noah and Nick made their way over to me.

‘Oh lovey. We got here as quickly as we could is there any news?’ Irene said.

‘No she’s still in theatre.’ I said coldly. All my emotions had gone. I was numb. I couldn’t shake the anger at Gypsy and her lies and cruelty.

‘Well who would want to do this to her?’ Irene said broadly to me and the Sutherlands. ‘it makes no sense’.

‘There is one person I can think of…’ Rhys said ominously, ‘Kane’.

‘What. Dad shut up it wasn’t Kane. He’d never do something like this. That thing with the car was a mistake. He really has changed’ Kirsty had said far too much.

‘What thing with the car?’ I asked

‘Nothing it doesn’t matter’ Kirsty said guiltily

‘Yes it does. Are you telling us that Kane’s the one who tried to run your sister over?’ Rhys bellowed.

‘He was drunk; we’d had a row about me staying loyal to Dani. He thought I was breaking up with him. He thought he’d lost me’ Kirsty said

‘He’ll lose more than that if he ever goes near Dani again’ I shouted angrily.

‘Whatever Will. I t was probably something to do with your psychotic ex wife or whatever she is to you this week’ Kirsty snarled back.

‘Shut up Kirsty. Just tell your boyfriend to get ready for life in prison with all the other perverts and nutters because that’s where he’s going’ Nick said

‘Don’t bother. You are never seeing that boy again.’ Rhys said giving her a cold look. She didn’t bother giving her usual stroppy reply about how Kane was the love of her life and how happy he made her.

The waiting and tension was getting too much. The earring was taunting me.

‘What’s that love? Irene said sitting next to me pointing at the earring.

‘The only clue we need’ I said cryptically.

‘Hey that looks like one of those horrible earrings Gypsy bought for herself in exchange for the ones you bought for her at Christmas’ Hayley added not hearing the conversation between myself and Irene.

Irene looked horrified. She knew and I knew who had done this too Dani.

‘You mean Gypsy did this’ Irene said

‘What. Gypsy Nash stabbed Dani’ Kirsty shouted having overheard Irene’s comment. ‘I knew it would be her...’

‘Kirsty don’t gloat. Our sister could die and all you’re bothered about is your rapist of a boyfriend not getting into trouble’ Jade snapped. Nick gave Kirsty an evil glare before hugging a tearful Jade.

‘Right, I’m calling the police. There is no way that evil bitch is getting away with doing this to my little girl’ Rhys said jumping to his feet and rushing down the corridor to the nearest pay phone to call the police.

I jumped up from my chair. I wanted to find her before the police did. I wanted revenge on her more than anything.

‘Will where are you going’ Hayley shouted

‘Rhys is right she is not getting away with doing this to Dani. Call me on my mobile if anything happens’ I said and before anyone could ask any questions I was gone out of the hospital. Gypsy was going to pay for hurting Dani, I was going to make sure of that.

Chapter 16

I’d not been this wound up since the day I found out Kane had raped Dani. I thought I’d never feel hatred like that again for any other human being. The anger and frustration just built up and up inside of me. Falling apart was not an option; I had to remain strong for Dani’s sake if nothing else.

I drove around erratically for ten minutes in the blind hope I’d just bump into her. I rang her mobile countless times but she never answered I just got her crappy voicemail. Just hearing her smug voice made my blood run cold. I wanted revenge and for Gypsy to be as far away from me and Dani as possible. Just the thought of her hanging around worried me. If she could do this to Dani through jealousy what the hell would she do next?

The day had been exhausting. After another 20 minutes I drove back to Irene’s. I needed to freshen up and change my blood stained clothes. If Dani was going to wake up I didn’t want the first thing for her to see is me covered in blood. Her blood at that. I knew the minute I got there something was amiss. The back door was partly open. I walked in cautiously.

‘Hello. Is anyone there? Irene? Nick?’ I turned the light on.

‘Hello Will’. There she was. Bold as brass. Coming out of my bedroom cool, calm and under control like nothing had happened.

‘What the hell are you doing here?’ I shouted, still shocked at the gall of the woman.

‘Well I’m in big trouble and I want my hubby to help get me out of it’ she said keeping her distance.

‘You really are deluded. I’m not going to help you, you evil little cow. You need locking up’ I was enraged.

‘As if you’d do that. Lily would be motherless and fatherless. That’s not very fair on her is it? So you’d better get the police off my back or else…’

‘Or else what…?’

‘Well princess Dani will be getting another visit’ she said nastily.

I snapped. She’d really crossed a line I flew across the room and pinned her angrily to the wall.

‘You ever go near her again and I will kill you myself’ I said breathlessly, my heart pounding.

‘Get your hands off me or you’ll be on an assault charge before you can say battered woman’ she said mockingly.

I let go of her. She sat herself at the table.

‘Don’t make yourself comfortable, you haven’t been invited round for a party’ I said.

‘Oh Will you are funny sometimes’ she said still not taking the situation seriously.

‘Do you have any idea what you’ve done? Dani could die!’

‘But she probably won’t, mores the pity’ she said with an evil smirk.

‘I can’t believe I was ever married to you.’ I hit back

‘Excuse me we still are married in case you’ve forgotten’

‘Not for much longer once you’ve signed those’ I said pointing to her copy of the divorce papers.

‘Not going to happen.’ She said dismissively.

‘Why? It’s not like we’re ever going to get back together. You’re living in a dream world where Queen Gypsy gets everything her own way well not this time, darling. This time I’m going to get what I want’ I said sarcastically throwing a pen on the table and standing behind her. ‘Now sign them’

‘Why? You can’t possibly want to marry Dani.’ She said still confident as ever that she was going to come out on top in this situation.

‘Well as a matter of fact I do’ I told her honestly. I pulled from my pocket the ring I’d been getting while I was in Yabbie Creek drawing up the divorce papers. ‘I got this today when I realised what I had to do to get you out of my life. Nice isn’t it. Much nicer than the cheap bit of tat I got for you.’

‘You can’t be serious. You can’t marry her. You can’t love her.’ She whined, her confidence obviously waning.

‘I do love her, more than anyone else in the world. I’d have asked her tonight but you got to her first and gave her a completely different surprise didn’t you?’ I sensed the hint of tears so I carried on pushing. My rage was too strong. ‘Dani means everything to me, you never came close. You could have tricked me into having a tribe of children and I’d still never love you half as much as I love her.’

‘Well she’ll never give you kids. After all she’s not going to be here for much longer is she?’ she said hitting back.

That little comment was my limit. I grabbed her by the back of the neck and forced the pen in her hand.

‘Sign the papers you evil little bitch!’ I said angrily through gritted teeth.

I felt her shaking. The sense of power would have made most people feel better but I couldn’t take any pleasure in it until she was out of my life for good and I knew Dani was going to be OK.

‘OK Will you win. I’ll sign’ she said squirming in her seat my hand tightly round the back of her neck. She slowly signed on the dotted line then threw the pen on the table. ‘There I hope you two are very happy together’.

‘Good’ I took the papers from her.

‘Now you do as you’re told.’ She hissed at me. ‘You help me get out of town without the police and I’ll be out of your life completely and you can marry the little princess… if she survives that long that is’ she added with spite.

‘I’ll never help you you twisted…’

‘Then do it for Lily’ she said calmly.

‘Not a chance. You tried taking away the most important person in my life, now your going to see exactly what it’s like’ I walked quickly over to the phone and started to call the police.

‘Will what are you doing, put the phone down’ Gypsy shouted. ‘you can’t do this to me, to Lily’ she shouted grabbing the phone, trying to tug it desperately from my hands.

‘Lily would be better off without you’ I said regaining control of the phone.

Panicked, Gypsy ran for the front door furiously knocking it open, almost of its hinges. I dropped the phone then frantically chased after her and down the road but she had vanished. I walked back defeated. The gentle vibration of my phone disturbed any lingering thoughts of Gypsy. It was Nick at the hospital.

‘Will, it’s me. Get back here quick Dani’s back from theatre…’

‘I’ll be there as soon as possible’ I said without hesitation hanging up the phone and jumping into the car. My heart was racing. I didn’t even know if it was good or bad news. I just knew I had to be there with Dani.

I screeched the car to a halt and jumped out shutting the door behind me but not locking it. I raced into the hospital seeing Irene, Hayley, Noah and Nick waiting outside her room.

‘Where is she? What’s happened is she OK? I said breathless and desperate just to see her.

‘She’s stable love. Her family are in with her now’ Irene told me.

The relief was overwhelming. I knocked on the door and walked in.

‘Let’s give Will some time alone’ Shelley said. The Sutherlands said goodbye to the still unconscious Dani and left.

I sat by her bedside. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful and weak. I took her hand and kissed it gently.

‘Hey baby, I’m here now. Everything’s going to be fine now’ I said. A flicker of movement in her arm and her hand squeezed mine.

‘Dani, Dani… nurse… nurse’ I shouted the emotion and excitement taking over.

‘Will…Will’ she said

‘I’m here baby’ I said kissing her hand again as her beautiful green eyes began to open. ‘Thank god, I thought I’d lost you’ I said with tears of joy forming.

The nurse and Dani’s family rushed to her bedside.

‘Dani will drift in and out for a while, but at the moment the signs are looking good’

The sighs of relief were constant

‘That’s brilliant news’ Rhys said hugging Shelley.

I couldn’t believe it. I was so scared of losing her I’d almost convinced my self she’d never recover. The joy of her saying just one word and squeezing my hand wiped away all the panic and fear and replaced in with overwhelming comfort. Even Gypsy still being out there seemed completely unimportant. For now anyway…

Archived