Always Comes Back To You…

Guest Danifan

Chapter 31

I knew I’d be distracted for the rest of the day, right up until tomorrow when Will would finally return and we could finally move on together. I couldn’t face moping around at home waiting for him to call so instead I plonked myself in the corner booth at the diner ordered a coffee and the largest piece of chocolate mud cake they had and hoped to wile away the hours comfort eating and ready a trashy celeb magazine. After what I assumed to have been three hours wasted, you can imagine my disappointment to find I’d finished my magazine in just over 45 minutes. From on lookers I must have looked like a right Billy-No-Mates sat alone in the big booth stuffing my face with cake. I was officially becoming a poster girl for Sad Cases anonymous.

‘You look happy’ a voice said as I opened my magazine to read it for the second time. I looked up. It was Josh. ‘Sorry I wasn’t being funny’.

‘You rarely are’ I said back, hoping my hostility would be a big hint for him to go away. Unfortunately it wasn’t and he sat himself down opposite me.

‘So how are you? I heard Will had left you again’ he said very smugly. I was tempted to throw the rest of my cake at him, but it would have been a waste of some very good cake.

‘He’s at a funeral’ I told him.

‘Oh yeah. His mad wife’s’ he said with that spoilt little rich kid smile he had.

‘Ex wife actually’

‘Bet you’re glad to see the back of her aren’t you?’

‘Josh, as lovely as this little bonding session is, what do you want?’ I said, having run out of patience with him.

‘I’ve come to make sure your ok, what with being abandoned for Gypsy yet again, that must be tough’ he said.

‘Like I said before, I’ve not been abandoned and he hasn’t left me’ I said with conviction not sure who I was trying to convince more, him or me.

‘So he asked you to go with him then?’

‘Why would he? She tried to kill me and ruin our relationship; I’m hardly going to stand at her grave weeping and wailing like a banshee. I’m more likely to get out some tap shoes and do a little dance at the graveside, but we thought that might upset her family so he went on his own’

‘Was that his idea?’ he said slyly

‘What’s that supposed to mean?

‘Well, funerals are emotional things; you never know what feelings will re-emerge. Like hate, anger…love. Maybe Will was scared of telling you how he really felt about his deceased wife so thought it’d be better for you to stay at home so he could grieve for his lost love, because you know and I know she had a strange hold over him. First love and all that’ he said quite calmly, but to me it just sounded petty and spiteful.

‘You really are a pathetic little creep aren’t you?’ I was really annoyed by his obvious intention to cause trouble.

‘I’m just telling it like it is Dani. I care about you and I know how much he’s hurt you in the past by choosing her over you. I just think you should prepare yourself as she may be gone but she’ll always be their in the background. If you ever need anyone to talk to I’m here for you’ he said like I was supposed to be grateful He got up and left the diner giving one little smug smile back as he left.

He’d managed to stir up all my insecurities and put me off my cake. I could have happily throttled him. The sooner Will was back the better as we needed to have a very big chat.

Just as I was calming myself down though Irene left the kitchen with a concerned look on her face having just hung up the phone.

‘Hey love, not that hungry’ she said looking at my half eaten cake.

‘Not really’ I said.

‘Erm ..Love… that was Will on the phone. He’s staying in Queensland until next Saturday, apparently there’s something he needs to sort out up there.’ She said calmly.

‘What? Like what exactly?’ I said I was more than angry and annoyed I was livid and broken.

‘He didn’t say sweetheart’ Irene said trying to say the right thing but just making me feel worse. ‘He said he’d explain it all when he got back’

‘And he couldn’t tell me all of this. What is the diner the only phone number he can remember?’

‘He said to tell you he loved you’

‘Well next time he bothers to call tell him where he can stick his love and to just stay in Queensland with his dead ex wife, as he has more chance of marrying her for the second time than he has of marrying me anytime.’ I was through being second best. It’s hard enough competing for somones attention when the other person competing for it is alive, it’s impossible to compete with someone who’s dead. Although he was doing it out of jealousy, it seems Josh was right, deep down he still loved her not me…

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wondering this fic is fab i love will and dani together are there anymore fanfics about them as a couple on here because i can't seem to find any lol

I don't think there are any which is a shame as such a brilliant couple need more fans. I think i was the only one obsessed with them as a couple. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Danifan might hate me for this but I would like to offer ideas for a possible chapter 32. Danifan please feel free to write your own continuation if your not happy with this. :)

Although I have only recently joined here I have been reading Danifan's Will and Dani "Always Comes Back To You" fic and I really enjoyed it. It is a wonderful story. I am also a very big fan of the sadly shortlived couple Will and Dani.

Possible Chapter 32

Joel Nash's House in Queensland

In the spare bedroom in the Nash's House Will Smith and Joel Nash reminisce over the day's events whilst Natalie Nash looks after Gypsy's daughter, Lilly in her room. The funeral of Gypsy Nash had taken place earlier that day. From the Nash's point of view at least, the funeral was a fitting way of paying respect to Gypsy as well as saying their final goodbyes to her even if it was a short ceremony. Will, however thought Gypsy should have been cremated. However that already very dark day was to get even worse for Will Smith. Will originally didn't want to stay at the Nash's house for too long after the funeral as he was planning on booking a return flight to Sydney so he could get back to his love, Dani Sutherland as quickly as possible. However on his way to the airport Will had been summoned to a court in Queensland. Since Will was married to Gypsy the court has to decide whether he or the other Nashes (Gypsy's family) are entitled to her possessions and inheritance. Also since no-one Gypsy knew has seen Jude Lawson (Lilly's real father) since 2002 and of course Lily's mother, Gypsy herself is dead the court has to decide whether Will or the other Nashes can foster Lilly.

"Well it has been a privilege just meeting you again Mr Nash. I just wish it was under less dire circumstances", Will said. "Likewise Will. I only wish I could put..." "Don't worry Joel I am sure the courts won't take too long in deciding who custody of Lilly. God if that stupid jerk Jude was here I could be back home with Dani right now...", Will said.

Summer Bay House

After hearing the news that Will will be stating in Queensland longer than he originally said Dani was devastated. She literally bolted from the Dinner and ran across bay to her bedroom in Summer Bay House. After opening and locking the door to the empty house, Dani ran sobbing through the lounge and through the hallway and up the stairs and into her room and then she slammed the door behind her and buried her head in her pillow, crying. "I can't believe that evil Gypsy witch is still controlling Will! And she is still ruining everything eventhough she is dead!", Dani cried and screamed.

Dani's mother, Shelly Sutherland had just returned form shopping for the groceries when she head a loud whining from upstairs. Shelly went up the stairs and worked out that it was Dani crying. "Oh great. Not again", she sighed to herself. "Dani let me in! I want to help you!", Shelly pleaded. "I don't want your help! Nothing can help me now!", Dani screamed. "That's right Dani! I can't help you! That's because you won't tell me what's wrong with you! I am coming in!", Shelly shouted and opened the door to Dani's room.

"Why did he have to do this mom! Why!", Dani wailed. "Look Dani just tell me what Will has done and maybe me and your Dad can help you and Will", said Shelly calmly but sternly. "Will was supposed to be coming back here soon from Gypsy's house in Queensland but Irene said he can't come back till next Saturday!", Dani stated albeit breaking down. Dani continued, "Irene didn't tell me why! You wanna know the best part? Josh claims that Will STILL loves Gypsy deep down and not me again!" "Well Dani I think you know everything about Josh Flamin' West recently. You should know that he always makes a molehill out of nothing just because he is jealous of you since you dumped him", Shelly reasoned. "I know Josh is jealous mom but what if he is right...", Dani worried. Shelly could sense be the fear in Dani's grim words and that her daughter was sincerely worried about Will but didn't know how to make Dani feel better! Shelly hated this situation. Working at the Drop In Centre all these years has given Shelly great experience in counseling and even saving people but she doesn't know if even she can make her own daughter feel better. "I don't know sweetheart. I honestly don't know", said Shelly grimly.

Beach House

At the Beach House Irene walks in and sees Nick there playing Sonic the Hedgehog on his Playstation.

"Hi Nick. Is Hayley home yet", Irene asked. "No she is still in a delayed lecture at TAFE", Nick answered. Nick notices Irene has a very concerned look on her face. "Erm Irene. Are you alright. You look like somethin's troubling you. I mean is Hayley OK because you sounded very edgy when you asked me is she home yet?". "Oh darlin' don't worry about your sister. It is more to do with your brother", Irene replied. "What's he done?", Nick wondered. "Well it's not so much he's done anything bad as Will has only been delayed in his return from Queensland till next Saturday. However he wouldn't tell me why though. I told Dani this in the Diner early on but she just flew off the handle! I am sure there is a perfectly innocent explanation as to Will's stay in Queensland."

Just then the phone rang. "Hello?", Irene asked after picking up the receiver. "Hi Irene it is me, Shelly", came the reply. Shelly continued, "I have just come home form shopping and Dani is in a right state over Will! She thinks that Will is avoiding her because he still loves Gypsy. I don't know what to do to help her. I know that Dani and Will need to sort this out (and I really think they can) but I also fear that if Will comes back to too soon it will only make things worse! Irene you know Will better than me and even Dani. Perhaps you can think of something. Please do something Irene. Dani is at breaking point...", Shelly pleaded grimly. "No worries darlin' I will think of something", Irene warmly reassured Shelly and put the phone down.

Irene was raging inside after hearing of Dani's distress from Shelly. "What's wrong Irene?", Nick wondered. "Let's just say that if Gypsy Nash was still alive now I will kill that Flamin' woman with my own frying pan! To many mad women like Diana Fraser, Angie Russel and Gypsy Nash have crossed my path and my friends path for that matter for me to be sane I tell ya!", Irene screamed. In a much more calm tone Irene continued, "Alright. I am going to call your brother and get the FULL story and I will pass it on to Dani." Irene picked up the telephone again and phoned Will.

"Ok Will. I am sure that your extended stay in Queensland has absolutely nothing to do with you still loving Gypsy but I also know that there is a very good explanation for this and I want to hear it now! For the sake of both you and Dani. That poor girlie is falling to pieces over something that isn't even true! That horror story of you still loving Gypsy is only some nonsense that only Josh Flamin' West put in that poor girl's head! Isn't it Will?", Irene pumped Will for confirmation over the phone. On the other side of the line Will replied, "Yes Irene. I absolutely do not love Gypsy! I can't believe that creepy mongrel Josh West could stoop that low! I honestly wish I didn't have to stay at Gypsy's place as much as Dani or anyone else Irene. The truth is I have been summoned to a court hearing in Queensland. You remember Gypsy's child, Lilly? Well it turns out that her father was Jude Lawson (Noah's brother) meaning that she is not my child. However the complicated thing is that since Gypsy is dead and Jude hasn't been seen since last year a judge has to decide who gets custody of Lilly - me or the rest of the Nashes. Also since Gypsy never drew up a will of who gets her possessions and inheritance should she die, then the court has to decide whether me or the Nashes can have that as well. I am sorry Irene. This is such a mess!" "Oh you poor thing. I am sorry I shouted at you love.", Irene said.

Will continued, "The thing is. Who should tell Dani. Me or you? I would really like to tell Dani myself Irene but I fear that she will just shut me out. I mean if she is so upset over my being away from her then she won't want to hear anything I say. I want her to know I really love her Irene. Will you tell Dani please?", Will pleaded. "Yes I will darlin'", Irene reassured Will. "Thanks Irene", said Will. Irene put the phone done and made her way to Summer Bay House

Summer Bay House

Dani had been crying in her bedroom for hours and refused to eat any tea. Meanwhile downstairs Max, Jade and Shelly had just finished washing up after tea and Shelly sat down on the Sofa. She was about to turn on the television to watch Mike Oldfield play Tubular Bells Live in London when there was a knock on the door.

"Trust someone to ruin the greatest music show on earth", Shelly cursed. Shelly ran to the front door and opened it to find Irene there. "Hello Irene", Shelly said. "Hi Shelly. Is Dani here?", Irene inquired. "Yes but she has been her room all afternoon crying her eyes out. She still hasn't come down. Though who can blame after it seems Will has let her down again.", Shelly answered. "Well I have spoken to Will and I have got some important information from him that could make Dani feel better but there is a catch to this", said Irene. "Well this had better be good Irene otherwise I will punch that Will Smith boy into next year when he comes back here if he has hurt my delicate little daughter on purpose", Rhys threatened.

"Don't worry Irene. Rhys is just worried about Dani. That's all. Kirsty, Jade, Max go to your rooms please." "Ok mom", Kirsty said. Kirsty, Jade and Max went to their rooms whilst Shelly followed behind and went to knock on Dani's bedroom door. "Dani? Irene's downstairs. She has spoken to Will and there is something very important that you need to know." "Ok mom. I'm coming.", Dani replied wearily. Dani and Shelly went downstairs.

"What is all this about?", Dani asked in a dull voice. Irene noticed Dani's tear stained face, "Oh Dani. Look at you. You look like you've been in the wars. Look Dani I know your upset that Will didn't tell why he isn't coming back until next Saturday. Please just hear me out ok. I have spoken to Will and he swears that it has nothing to do with him still loving Gypsy." "Ok then. Carry on. Tell me why is Will really not coming back here until next Saturday?", Dani flatly pumped Irene. "After Gypsy's funeral Will has been summoned to a court in Queensland. The court has to decide who gets custody of Lilly (Gypsy's child), Will or the Nashes. The court also has to decide which of them gets Gypsy's inheritance and possessions. Look Dani Will really wants to get back here as soon as possible but unfortunately the court won't reach their final decisions until next Saturday. Don't worry darlin' Joel Nash confirmed Will's story. Will also asked me to tell you he loves very much and wishes he could be back here right now", Irene finished. Dani's tear strained face suddenly changed into one of shear relief and sorrow. "Poor Will I love you too... I am sorry I yelled earlier Irene", Dani apologized. "It's ok Dani you have been through a lot recently what with that flamin' bitch Gypsy tryin' to kill you and that Kane mongrel sleepin' with your sister and nearly running' you over", Irene reasoned. "Don't worry Dani it's to be alright now love", Rhys reassured.

to be continued...

Archived