Bobby's Theme

Guest Ryan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have liked to hear the 'Fletcher Family' theme when Sally returned to live in Summer Bay House. I think they used an instrumental version of the Home and Away theme which did work, but the Fletcher theme would have been really appropriate, especially during the flashback scenes to Sally's childhood.

The Fletcher theme would have worked too but I liked what they did with the instrumental H&A theme, it was very vague and only just recognisable as the theme while the scene drifted to and from flashbacks. It was sort of dream like, it worked well.

Yeah I like how they use the H&A theme instrumental for Sally... Maybe the Fletcher theme would actually sound a little dated, it is rather chirpy... But I'm sure they could do it well if they tried it out.

I liked the part when it panned across the mantle with the photos...

It was similar to the theme played when Don left and gave Sally a hug...(that is one of my favourite themes. the one used during his final episode...it was so fitting, a tribute).

• 5 years later...

Yeah, I agree about using it for Sally. I didn't necessarily 'dislike' it, but I think if they're going to re-use character themes, they should be for 'general sad/reflective scenes' as opposed to to single character scenes. To be honest, I wish they'd given Sally her own piece of music (maybe with a few hints of some of the classic melodies) in the build up to her departure, as they did with Donald.

Archived