Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Note* I’ve erased everything with Cassie in it. I have some storylines for her coming up and she can’t be in the bay for them to happen, with the 2006 finale and everything, I decided that I wanted some story line for her. And I know she’s older than she should be, but ah well.

Chapter Fifteen

“I’m not going to go anywhere.” He said laughing.

“Leave or we’ll have you arrested!” Alf threatened him “Jack’s a cop; he can easily bring in people to arrest you for not leaving when you were instructed, so go now!” He warned.

“Just because he’s a cop doesn’t mean I have to go. I’m just finishing my drink, anything wrong with that?” Henry asked innocently.

“You’re mother would be ashamed of you Henry Hunter!” he said, shaking his head.

“Henry leave now, or I’ll force you out of the building.” Jack threatened him.

“Temper temper, Jack. Seriously, some people have no manners at all.” Henry said, smirking.

“Neither do others, hitting pregnant women in the stomach.” Jack said angrily. He couldn’t believe the cheek of the boy that would be his step brother.

“What’s going on here?” Tilly said, walking inside “Jack, Martha’s worried about you. She thought you’d come after Henry.” She accused him “She told you not to Jack!” She said with a sigh.

“I didn’t. He was in here; I came to tell Alf about Martha.”

“Good thing he did too, I thought Henry was a nice lad until now.”

Hayley and Tasha walked in, both leading their children, Hayley leading Noah and Tasha carrying Ella “Jack what’s going on!” Tasha demanded.

Lewis smiled as he saw his daughter and daughter-in-laws “Henry, this is Tasha and Hayley, Tasha’s married to Robbie and Hayley’s married to Scott. That’s Noah and Ella, your nephew and niece.” He said smiling at them.

Hayley groaned inwardly, rolling her eyes at him “Jack, c’mon. We’ve got to get you to the hospital.” She said, attempting to pull him towards the door “Scott’s searching with the car and Robbie’s gone to your house. Come ON Jack!” She said, pulling him.

Jack let himself be removed from Noah’s Bar, and found he was being followed by Lewis and Henry “Stay away from Martha.” He warned them.

“I’m not promising anything.” Henry said with a grin.

Jack went to retaliate but suddenly some police officers, Fitsy and Evan to be exact, walked beside Henry “Are you Henry and Lewis Hunter?” Fitsy asked the pair of them.

“So what if we are?” Henry asked, smirking.

“You’ve been asked to leave the premises and you haven’t. You must leave, and also you’ve got ten A.V.O.’s out against the pair of you.” Fitsy said shortly.

“Excuse me?” Lewis cut in.

“You are to stay away from Scott Lewis Hunter, Kit Elizabeth Hunter, Robbie James Hunter, Matilda Harriet Jane Hunter, Martha Jane Mackenzie, Tasha Louise Hunter, Hayley Rose Hunter, Noah Jonathan Hunter, Ella Lily Hunter, Kayla Harriet Jane Hunter and Aria-Beth Rosella Holden. You are not to go within 100 metres of any of them for any reason.” Fitsy stated.

“Most of them are my children and their partners and kids! You expect me to stay away from them?” Lewis asked, dumbfounded.

“Yes, they’ve all signed it. And seeing as five of those people are here, you and us have to go for a walk. Henry, they also signed against you.” Evan told them.

“I don’t believe this! Tony Holden comes in and destroys my family and takes my kids, and I have no right. Ever heard of justice? I hate him!” Lewis exclaimed, fury running through his blood “I can’t see my three grandchildren, this is unbelievable! I’ve not done anything wrong!” He yelled out.

“Mr Hunter I’m going to have to ask you to settle down. This is a public place.” Fitsy said, coldly. She knew that it was better he had no contact with his family, after all he’d nearly murdered a life. Her colleague and his girlfriend’s baby. She loathed this guy, from what she’d heard about him from Jack and she understood the A.V.O. being taken out against him.

“This is insane!” He yelled again.

“Mr Hunter will I have to arrest you?” Fitsy said sternly. “I told you, no yelling!” Fitsy snapped at him. She hated people like him, men turning up at the worst of times. She shook her head; it was going to be a long day.

------------------------------

It was a week later, and things were about to go downhill for one young mother...

“Flynn! Lydia! Tammi! Hurry up!” Cassie Turner said to her two young children. She’d hurried back to the bay; she was rather embarrassed to be turning up on such bad business. She and Macca had been going fine for years, four to be exact, in the city. She’d left the bay after the Christmas pageant. They had four year old twins, Flynn and Lydia, and they’d decided that they were happy. Now, Macca had returned to his old ways, taking drugs and bashing her up. Before, she would’ve remained as meek as a mouse, and gone along, not fighting back. But she had two kids to think of, and couldn’t risk their safety. So she’d ended their relationship, leaving and screaming at him to stay the hell away from her and the kids. He’d begged, he’d pleaded but she’d held fast. She hesitantly walked up to the door, everything had been fine before she left, but now she didn’t know. She didn’t know if Ric would say I told you so, if Sally would get upset. She’d left them. She’d been pregnant with Flynn and Lydia, not long enough to be showing. Now, she was back in the bay, and she was here to stay. She knew that people would be shocked; she’d promised them that Macca had changed. She knew she’d never return to him. She could give him one chance but not two, and he’d already taken his first and thrown it back in her face. She cautiously knocked on the front door.

Sally smiled as she laughed along with Alf, Ric and Tilly. Ric and Tilly were together and Tilly’d been invited around for dinner, and little Kayla was there as well. She heard a knock and got up “Cassie!” She said, stunned to see her daughter.

“Hey Sal.” She said, her eyes starting to water, as she stood at the door.

“Come in, come in.” She said, inviting her daughter inside “How’s things?” She said, picking up Flynn in her arms.

“Not good, actually.” She admitted, casting her eyes downward “He’s been hitting me for a while so I told him that was it, and I took the kids and left.” She mumbled.

“He’s WHAT?” Ric asked, jumping up from his seat, and preparing to head for the door.

“No Ric please don’t!” Cassie begged him “This is hard enough but he’ll probably come after me if you go!” She pleaded with him.

“Oh my god, Cassie come in, yes the kids too! I’m glad you managed to get out of it, at least.” She said, hugging her daughter sympathetically.

“He’s had me in a hold for about six months, then I decided that I was doing wrong by the kids, so I decided that was it, I was going.” She said, picking Lydia up in her lap “He tried to stop me, but I’d taken the kids things and put them in the car. I wasn’t sticking around.” She told Sally, her eyes flashing with the pain of what she’d gone through “I couldn’t, it wasn’t right on the kids to see that. Me, covering up a bruise with make-up every few days or weeks. He might come looking for me though.” She said, looking at them.

“You did the right thing.” Sally adamantly told Cassie “It wasn’t right that he hit you, either. We all had full trust in him that he’d do right by you and he threw it back in our faces.” She remarked angrily.

Suddenly they heard a knock on the door, and Martha walked in, followed by Jack and Aria, her five month pregnant belly clearly showing “Hey guys!” She greeted them, and then saw Cassie “Cassie!” She said, hugging Cassie “How are you? Is Macca here to?” She asked.

Ric looked furious “No, and he never will be here again.” He said angrily.

“Ric, what’s up?” Martha asked, her smile dropping off her face.

“He hit her again, that’s what’s up!” He said angrily.

“What?” She said loudly, looking at Cassie “Cass is that true?” She asked.

Cassie nodded, wiping a tear away from her eye “I left with the twins.” She said softly.

“Oh Cass, I’m so sorry.” She whispered, putting her arms around the young mother “We can help, in whatever way.” She promised, she felt partly to blame; she’d introduced Cassie to Macca in the first place.

“Thanks, Mac.” She said gratefully.

“I should be helping you, it’s my fault I introduced you two!” She said.

“It’s not your fault Mac, you didn’t tell him to hit me! You were livid when you heard he’d done it the first time.” She reminded her “And if I hadn’t met him I wouldn’t have the twins.” She reminded them “Flynn and Lydia are everything to me.” She said softly.

Suddenly the door flew open, and Martha’s eyes flashed when she saw who it was “Get out of here!” She yelled at him “Get lost!” She snapped angrily.

Jack put his hand on Martha’s arm gently “Stress isn’t helping the baby, you don’t need stress after what happened last week!” He reminded her.

Martha fought Jack for a minute, but then realised she didn’t want another premature labour, so she settled down.

“Mate, she’s right. Get the hell out of here.” Jack said, standing in front of Martha.

“I just want to talk to Cassie.” He tried to bargain.

“She doesn’t want to talk to you, so go!” Ric demanded.

NEXT CHAPTER: Will Cassie take Macca back?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Archived