Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had some interuptions. My mum's a bit sick, and I've had dinner and home and away. And we were discussing a holiday we can't go on because of mum's illness.

Chapter Twelve

Jack noticed the change in the atmosphere, no longer were the five Hunter children relaxed and happy. The atmosphere was filled with fear, anger and loathing. Tony stood in front of the gang “Who are you?” He asked.

“My name is Lewis Hunter.” He said, smirking. “I’m here for my kids.” He said, motioning for the four to come to him.

Tilly clung to Robbie, terrified. Her father was before her, the same dad that had caused her all those feelings of anger and hatred. All those feelings of self-loathing and pain. The man that had caused her to turn bulimic was there. She looked to her stepfather, the man her mother had loved, and she was visibly shaken. She, as with all of the Hunter children except Henry, called Tony dad. Jack and Lucas were their brothers, and vice versa.

Tony gritted his teeth “Your not welcome here.” He said coldly. “Beth wouldn’t want you here.” He said angrily.

Lewis laughed “How is my ex wife anyhow?” He said, smirking. He remembered Beth, the woman who thought she’d loved him. He’d only married her for one thing; to keep his family thinking he was the happy family man, when really, he’d had a mistress. Different mistress’, all young and good girls.

Tony sighed “She passed away two years ago.” He said coldly.

Lewis shrugged “Oh well.” He said, sounding bored. “Kids, get moving!” He said, before he realized they took up a few tables “How many grandkids I got?” He asked, stunned. Scott had six year old Noah in his lap, Robbie was holding five year old Ella, and Tilly was rocking two year old Kayla.

Scott said angrily “Leave, Lewis.” He pointed towards the door.

Noah clung to his dad, he didn’t like this man one bit.

“Scott, mate. You got a nice boy there.” He said, indicating to Noah. He looked at Robbie and Ella, and Tilly and Kayla “You all got nice kids. But were are your partners?” He asked.

It was at this moment that Tasha and Hayley decided to enter. They looked around and Tash said “Rob, whats going on?” She asked her husband unsurely.

Ella rushed to Tasha and flung herself into her mothers arms, and Noah rushed to Hayley, clinging to his mother.

Lewis looked stunned at Robbie’s wife “You’re Robbie’s wife?” He said, surprised that Robbie could get a wife like Tash.

Tash looked surprised but regained her composure “Yes, that’s correct.” She said, looking at Robbie for an explanation.

Hayley looked at them “Whats going on?” She asked.

Tasha looked around and said “Ella, Noah, go stay with Uncle Jack.” She urged.

They did as they were told, and Lewis smiled at Jack “You must be Kit’s partner, to be called uncle Jack.” He said, smiling at him.

Jack shook his head “No, Martha’s my partner.” He said, pointing to Martha.

“Oh.” He said “Why are you uncle Jack?” He demanded.

“Because my father married Beth.” He said, stating the obvious.

Jack looked surprised “Wow.” He said “Anyway, where’s my youngest son?” He said “Where’s Henry?” He asked.

Tasha looked stunned, as did Hayley, that this man was the infamous Lewis Hunter.

Kit spoke up “Henry’s been gone for years now Lewis. He’s overseas.” She said “But you’ve been so good remaining contact that you knew that.” She said sarcastically.

He glared at her “Hold your tongue Kath.” He warned.

“My name isn’t Kath. It’s Kit.” She snapped. “And no, we don’t want anything to do with you!” She glared at him. She had no problem telling Lewis where to go.

“I’m not leaving. Matilda, come.” He said, but Tony stood in front of him.

“Leave!” He demanded “I’ve said that all along now leave!” He said angrily.

Noah went to Tony and got Tony to pick him up “Granddad why are you angry?” He whimpered.

“Shh, it’s alright Noah.” He said softly to the little boy.

“How dare you let my grandson call you his grandfather.” He hissed at Tony.

Irene came hurrying over “Can you leave?” She said bluntly. This man was stirring up too many emotions for him to stay.

“Thanks Irene.” Robbie said quietly. Having his father turn up had changed his emotions around, and he didn’t like it. He wanted to be strong, for Tash and Ella’s sake but he didn’t feel like he could, he hated and detested his father, and after everything Lewis had put him through, nobody blamed him.

Lewis glared at everyone “Fine, I’ll leave here. But I’m not leaving town anytime soon, so prepare to see me around. I’m not the bad guy!” He yelled at them, and Kayla started crying at all the yelling and, leaving Tilly to settle her down.

Lewis Hunter had been gone for a little while, and in the diner the Hunter’s were still quiet “How did he find us?” Tilly whimpered. Her old, unwanted feelings were beginning to come back.

Ric put his arm around her “Shh, it’ll be okay.” He promised her “I won’t let him hurt you.” He promised her.

She felt touched by his kindness “Thanks, Ric.” She said, quietly leaning in to him.

----------------------------------------

It was night, and the Hunters/Holden’s were now around the table, making light conversation. Tilly still hadn’t touched her food and Tony was worried “Tilly, it’s okay if this has hit you. I know he caused some major issues with you but that’s all sorted now.” He said softly, he wished desperately that Beth was here to help them, but no luck.

“It doesn’t matter.” She said slowly “He’s still here and the old feelings are coming back, dad. I can’t help it!” She said, obviously distressed “I can’t help how this makes me feel, I can’t help my loathing of him. And I’ve got Kayla to worry about. I can’t afford for those old feelings to come back, if I do what might I do to myself or Kayla. So I have to stay strong and stay away from him. I’ve got to stay away from him at all costs.” She said, determined not to let her father’s arrival deter her.

NEXT TIME: Does Lewis try anything?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

NOTE: I changed Jack Hunter’s name because I couldn’t have Jack Hunter and Jack Holden.

Archived