Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Fourteen

Jack rushed to the hospital, hurrying. He’d been rung by Kim and told that Martha had been hit hard in the stomach and they feared for the baby’s life. He was stopped by Judy.

“I’m sorry Jack but you can’t go in.” She said apologetically.

“Judy my girlfriend is in there! I need to know if she’s okay!” He argued, he wanted to see Martha.

“I can’t let you. She’s in a huge amount of pain, and the baby is very distressed, Jack. I just can’t let you in until Martha’s calm.” She said.

“I’m her boyfriend; I’m probably one of the only people who can calm her!” He said angrily.

“Jack, if you keep this up I’m going to have to ask you to leave, is that what you’d want?” She snapped “We’ve got work to do, like making sure you’re girlfriend and baby are okay but if you’d rather us here arguing then go ahead.” She said angrily.

“Fine.” He snapped, heading over to the chairs.

The Hunters came around the corner “Jack!” Tilly called out, rushing over to him “How are you?” She asked sympathetically “We don’t know anything either and Judy gave us the same speech.” She explained.

“I don’t know anything!” He said, upset and angry that his girlfriend was in huge amounts of pain and there was nothing he could do about it “I just want to help her, Mattie.” He said sadly.

“Jack I know you do but you need to stay strong.”

Rachel hurried out, obviously furious. She found Judy “Don’t do that again. You know what’ll happen if you do!” She threatened the young worker “Sorry about Judy Jack, she had no right. Anyway, I need your help. Martha’s stressed herself out so much that’s she’s gone into premature labour. But we need you to keep her calm, calm her so that she doesn’t go into labour, because if she does, the baby won’t make it Jack. She’s only twenty weeks pregnant, so you need to make sure the baby doesn’t come.”

Tony interrupted “I thought she was four months.”

“It appears that your scan was faulty. Anyway, Jack, come please.” She asked, and followed Jack into the room.

In there he found a hysterical Martha, sobbing and upset, unable to remain calm. He rushed to her side “Martha, you need to stay calm. For the baby, Martha, for the baby.” He pleaded with his girlfriend “Martha, I know you don’t want this baby now so you need to stay calm, the baby can’t come yet Mac.” He said seriously “So I need you to calm down.” He said, continuing to plead with her. He gave a sigh as she continued in her hysterics, he was beginning to wonder if she’d ever settle down.

------------------------

Half an hour later, Martha was much more settled, and even though she was in a lot of pain, she was starting to be better “Good, Martha, good.” He said, encouraging her “C’mon you’re nearly there.” He said, stroking her hair.

Slowly but surely, premature labour was delayed and Martha was declared out of labour. Martha lay there, tired and in pain. Pain still filled her body but she knew that her baby was safe, at least she hoped it was. She sighed gently “Thanks Jack.” She said her voice croaky.

“No worries.” He said, kissing her forehead.

“Good, now that’s over with, now time to do an ultrasound.” Rachel’s voice came through, as she pushed the machine along.

Martha gripped Jack’s hand as she felt the machine glide smoothly over her stomach, and watched the screen and Rachel’s face intently “So is the baby gunna be okay?” She asked, worried.

“The baby’s distressed but hopefully the baby will be fine.” She assured the happy couple. “And as I told Jack before, you’re actually 20 weeks pregnant, not 18.” She said, smiling at them.

“Okay.” Martha said slowly, she was exhausted and in need of sleep.

“Martha, we’ll leave you and you’re family alone.” Rachel said, motioning to the people waiting to come in.

“Thanks.” She said, and soon she was berated with people asking her if she was okay and what happened “I’m alright.” She assured them “So is the baby. Pretty much, your dad came into the bar, I told him to get out he didn’t want to, and then Henry threw something, I think it was a tray, at me and it hit my stomach. I tried to stop it but the force was just so hard.” She said, tears in her eyes as Jack comforted her.

“Don’t worry; I won’t let him near you again.” He promised her honestly “You’re my girlfriend and it’s my duty to protect you.” He promised to her.

“Thanks.” She said, smiling tiredly and then she remembered “Where’s Aria?” She asked, wondering. She’d left her with Irene “I was meant to pick her up from Irene’s an hour ago!” She said, trying to get out of bed.

Jack gently pushed her back into bed “No, Martha. Someone else can pick her up, I can even. You nearly went into premature labour, you’re staying with bed rest until Rachel says it’s okay not to.” He said sternly.

“I can go get her.” Tilly offered.

“Thanks, Tilly.” Martha said gratefully “And bring her here, if you don’t mind. I need to see her.” She said softly.

“Sure.” Tilly said, exiting the room quietly.

------------------------

“Mummy!” Aria squealed as she rushed to her mum.

Jack quickly grabbed the four year old girl before she got to her mum “Aria slow down sweetie!” He said, picking up the child and placing her next to her mother.

“Sorry daddy.” She said angelically, she was definitely daddy’s girl.

“That’s alright sweetie, just be careful next time!” He said, kissing her forehead.

“Mummy is you okay?” Aria asked her mother.

“I’m alright sweetie, but daddy’s right. No running in hospitals.” She said “You know that’s not a good thing to do, Aria!” She said.

“I’m sorry.” She said, hugging her mum “When Aunty Tilly came and picked me up I worried.” She explained.

“I’ll be alright sweetie, and so will your little brother or sister.” She said smiling.

Tilly came back in “Sorry, she raced ahead of me. Irene sends her love.” She told her, smiling at the small girl “She’s got so much energy, like her mum.” She said laughing.

Jack laughed with Tilly “That’s for sure!” He said “Imagine when she’s older, the two of them will gang up on me.” He joked.

“Mac, we’re sorry about Henry and Lewis. We never expected them to resort to making you nearly lose the baby.” Scott apologised.

“Don’t worry Scott. It wasn’t anything you could have predicted. It’s alright now, but I don’t want them near me or Aria again.” She asked them.

“I don’t want you near them. I’ve half a mind to get an A.V.O. against him after this. He nearly made you lose the baby, as Scott said.” He said, starting to get angry again.

“Jack, anger won’t help.” Martha warned him “And frankly I don’t need you being angry. I need you helping me, Aria and the baby not getting angry at Henry. So please, Jack, don’t. Now go get me my P.J.’s.” Martha said with a cheeky grin.

“Alright.” He said, smiling as he headed off “I’m going to Noah’s first, to fill Alf in!” He called.

------------------------------

He got a shock when he went to Noah’s. Henry was there and he glared at him, Martha’s warning heading straight out of his head “What are you doing here?” He spat.

“I’m having a drink with my father, what does it matter?” Henry said angrily.

“Get out!” He snapped.

“Make me!” He smirked.

“My dad co-owns this joint with Martha’s grandfather. Dad got it from Beth, she co-owned this place. So leave, now!” He ordered, pointing toward the door.

“I’m not going anywhere!” He said, still smirking.

In an instant, Jack had grabbed him and shoved him at the wall “Leave my family alone, and stay away from Martha. You nearly made her lose the baby!” He accused her.

“Jack let him go!” Ordered a voice, it was Alf “Let him go!” He demanded when Jack still his hands clenched on Henry’s shirt.

Jack reluctantly let go, fuming “How can you say that when he nearly made Martha lose her baby?” He spat.

“What?” Alf said furiously.

“She asked him to leave and he slammed a tray at her and it hit her stomach, nearly killing the baby!” He said.

“Alright, leave! And stay away from us!” He yelled.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Archived