Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Nine

It had been a week since Beth’s death, and the family had rallied together. Now they all had their own children, Kit included. She had the tiny Tilly in her care, and she had proved to be an amazing parent. She adored her, and was raising Tilly as good as her own. Martha had helped enormously. She’d often take Aria around to Kit’s; to keep her company. She knew how slowly time could go by when it was just you and your baby in your house. Kit was also learning in leaps and bounds on how to be a proper mother. They’d received a letter from Dean. It was sending Kit the adoption papers. Kit and Scott had been furious, and had attempted to track Dean down but he was long gone. They’d been informed he was now wanted the police. Robbie was left wondering what Mattie had seen in him.

Kit gently lowered the tiny bundle down into her crib, smiling gently at her. She adored everything about the tiny baby; her little feet, her little hands, her little mouth and her cute little ski jump nose. She knew that Tilly would grow up like her mother, in every way. Kit was now officially her mother, and she’d signed the forms and sent them away. Dean had no claim to her now. She raised her head at a gentle knock on the front door and quickly went to answer it, but only after giving one last loving glance to Tilly.

Martha smiled as Kit opened the door; she had come with Tash and Ella and Aria. She smiled as the toddlers raced in, a year separating them, a year separating all of the Holden/Hunter grandkids. Noah was four, Ella was three, Aria was two, Matthew was one, and then Tilly was of course, still only very young.

Kit smiled as she welcomed them in; she’d rented a small apartment. She looked around the room, groaning tiredly “I’m exhausted.” She admitted, throwing herself back on the couch “I had no idea how much work a baby was going to be.” She groaned.

Tash looked around the room “Yeah, and how messy.” She said, indicating to the countless bottles and toys scattered around the small apartment. The house was a mess but it was just because Kit had been busy adjusting to life as a single mum.

Kit groaned “I’ve been meaning to clean it up.” She assured them “But everytime I go to start, Tilly started crying.” She said with a sigh.

Martha smiled, looking at the bags under Kit’s eyes “Go and have a sleep.” She urged her “You need it, we can cover the fort for a while. And we’ll take care of Tilly.” She promised.

Kit sighed “I can’t just palm Tilly off onto other people Mac.” She said, looking at her “I’m her mother now; it’s my duty.” She persisted.

Tasha smiled “You’re not palming her off. We’re babysitting. Now go, sleep.” She urged.

Kit looked at the two of them “Alright.” She said with a yawn and headed off into her room.

Martha looked at Tash “Right, now she’s out of the way, let’s start cleaning!” She exclaimed.

Tasha was quick to agree, settling the girls in a clear spot with some toys.

---------------------------------

In two hours the place was barely recognisable.

Martha sighed happily as she leaned back onto the couch “That, took a long time.” She admitted, laughing. She held a juice in her hands, since she’d become a mum she no longer drank to excess, just drank socially and during the night with Jack.

Tasha smiled “But it was worth it; its amazing Kit’s taking on a small baby.” She said “I admire her for it. Me and Rob wouldn’t have, well we would have but with Ella it would have been hard. The best person to raise her would have been Scott and Hayley, with Noah being four and not as hard to handle as a newborn. Luc and Sara would have been the worst choice, urgh just imagine, two kids under one!” She exclaimed, with Martha groaning at the thought.

“Jack and I have decided to put off more kids until Aria is about four or five. I wanted kids closer, originally, but I couldn’t handle a two year old and being pregnant or even worse, a newborn baby! Kids keep you on your toes.” She said with a laugh.

A soft cry began to be heard throughout the house, and Tasha was the first to get up and go to the baby “Shh, Tilly. It’s okay.” She soothed

The baby was soon fed and settled, and after a play was put back in her crib. Martha leaned over the bassinette, admiring the small baby before she headed back out to Tasha, who was keeping the two older kids occupied while the door was open.

Martha closed the door behind her, smiling at Tasha as she headed out “You can definitely tell she’s Mattie’s daughter.” She said giggling. “She has her nose, and her eyes.” She said.

They continued like this for a few hours when they heard someone walking in the house. The person turned out to be Kit, and she looked stunned when she saw the apartment.

“Oh my god.” She said softly, looking around “I think I’m in the wrong apartment.” She joked.

Tasha smiled “No, your not. We’ve just done some cleaning.”

A knock was heard on the door; proving to be Rachel.

“Hey.” She smiled as she walked in, after being told to enter. “How’s little Matilda going?” She said, smiling.

Ella ran up to Rachel “Rachie!” She squealed.

Rachel laughed as she picked up the sweet girl “Hello little Ella.” She cooed to her, smiling at her lovingly and looked at the three women “I can’t wait until I become a mum.” She declared “Seeing such beautiful children around me, how can I not want to become a mum?” She joked.

Martha smiled “They aren’t always this cute, believe me. When it’s past bed time and they want to stay up, then the fun begins.” She said grinning.

Kit did a dramatic groan “So this is what I have to look forward to with Tilly, is it?” She asked, mockingly.

Rachel grinned “Maybe I don’t want a newborn.. Maybe I’ll just have to take little Ella home with me, and never let her return.” She joked, walking to the door with Ella in her arms.

Tasha grinned “You’ll bring her back when she needs a change, I’m not worried.” She teased.

Rachel grinned “Too right I will. That’s her mummy’s duty. I’m just here for every other time.” She laughed.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. It was Jack in his uniform and he looked serious as Kit opened the door “Kit, guys, you’re all here, I’m glad. Please, may we all come in?” He asked, indicating to all the family behind him.

Kit nodded wordlessly, unsure of what was going on “What is going on Jack?” She demanded, as everyone was seated around and the children occupied.

“You’re not going to believe this.” He said, looking at them “I don’t believe it either, but you’re gunna want to know. And you’re gunna want to know answers.” He said firmly.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Nooooooooooooo a cliffhanger, how can you be so mean :angry: Shame Martha and Jack don't want to have any more kids, would have liked Aria to have a little brother or sister. Maybe she'll change her mind after spending time with Tilly :P Update soon please

Archived