Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Ten

Tony looked shocked; stunned, unable to believe the news. Around him, everybody else’s reactions looked similar. They were in shock. The only ones unaffected in the room were the kids; Noah understood a bit but Ella, Aria, Matthew and Tilly were looking rather clueless. Understandably.

Jack looked at them sympathetically “I know it’s hard to believe that she’s alive, but she is. I found out today that she was allowed out of Witness Protection, so she’s safe now, as the people she saw were killed.”

Scott looked at Jack “Mate, are you serious?” He gasped.

Everyone was in shock. Martha was just staring at Jack, total disbelief being read on her face. Tasha was holding a squirming Ella, seeming not to notice.

Jack nodded “Yes. Matilda Hunter is very much alive. She’s on her way here as we speak, intending to see you all.”

--------------------------------

They were waiting nervously for Mattie to show up, most of them felt rather shocked, nervous. Jack was holding Martha’s hand; everyone was in total disbelief about what was happening.

Then the door opened, and sure enough, Mattie walked in, looking around unsurely.

Martha was the first to do anything. She raced over and threw her arms around Matilda “Mattie!” Came Martha’s muffled voice.

Mattie smiled “I’m here.” She said, looking at everyone else on the couch.

Everyone else seemed to realise it to, and soon Mattie was covered with people asking how she was; if she was okay.

Mattie smiled “There’s time for that later. For now, I wish to see my mother and my daughter.” She said, smiling.

Then the mood in the room changed. The happy feeling was no longer in the room. Mattie noted the change.

“What, she is okay isn’t she?” She asked, she didn’t even know her daughters name.”

Tony pulled Mattie near him “Mattie, there was an explosion. Your mother died, love.” He said gently.

She put her hand to her mouth “No!” She whispered, her eyes brimming with tears.

Luc pulled her into a tight hold “Yes, sorry Mattie but she’s gone.” He said sadly.

Martha came forward, holding Tilly “Mattie, here’s your daughter. She was named Matilda Harriet Jane Hunter, but obviously we’ll have to change her first name.” She said, smiling.

Mattie looked at her young daughter, smiling despite her tears flowing down her cheeks “I always wanted to name my daughter Kayla.” She admitted, holding the now named Kayla baby.

Kit smiled “I had filed for adoption of her.” She said “We’ll have to have that changed, won’t we? Surely you’ll want her back.”

Tilly frowned “Dean didn’t die in the explosion, did he?” She said, her hand to her mouth, looking fearful.

Tasha’s normally gentle eyes flashed with fury and hatred “No, in fact he’s very much alive. He ran out, shortly after your death, leaving Kayla there to fend for herself. She was nearly sent into crisis care, Tilly.” She told her.

She looked upset “I thought he made a promise to me!” She whispered. Her marriage to Dean hadn’t been legal, exactly. They’d done a Robbie and Tasha, claiming to be married before it had actually been done. “One bright side about the marriage I entered; I don’t have to worry about a divorce. Hopefully he’ll never know I’m alive.” She said, on a happier note.

Tony looked around “Maybe we should let Tilly have some time with Kayla.” He hinted towards the rest of the family.

She smiled “Thanks Tony.” She said softly.

There was a knock at the door, and the people proved to be Sally and Ric.

Ric looked stunned to see Tilly there. He had loved her, before Dean had spread lies about him to her, and she’d been so heartbroken she’d believed him. Now, he was angry.

Tilly looked awkward. She knew Ric hadn’t been lying, and it’s something she didn’t want to admit to herself. She’d run out on the perfect relationship. Now she had to pay the price.

--------------------------

Soon everything had been explained, and everyone was chatting. Ric had excused himself, walking into the kitchen.

Tilly saw this and quickly got up to walk over to him “Ric, I’m sorry.” She said softly “I realise now that Dean was a loser, and that I’ve been such a fool. You’d never have dumped Kayla in crisis care.” She said seriously.

He turned to look at her, and then he noticed. She’d removed her wedding ring. He looked at her face “You removed your ring.” He said slowly.

She gave a sad laugh “I realised that all this time, I’ve been living a lie.” She said sadly. “I had my ring on, waiting to come home to my husband and child. But that wasn’t meant to happen, and I know Dean’s in trouble with the law. Fortunately it wasn’t a legal marriage.” She said softly.

Ric nodded slowly, having his drink in hand. But he quickly walked out back into the main room, leaving Tilly alone in the kitchen, wondering if she’d ever have another chance with Ric, or if she’d blown it completely.

---------------------------

It had been a few days since Tilly had come back; Summer Bay was celebrating the return of the littlest Hunter child. However today was also a sad day. It was the day of Beth Ann Hunter’s funeral, and even though her funeral had already happened, it was another. For the people who’d been in hospital, but most importantly, for Tilly and Kayla to say goodbye.

As Tilly sat in the row, behind Jack, Martha and Aria, she wondered how she’d go, without her mother. She was actually relieved her marriage had ended, Dean and herself had been fighting a fair bit, as her pregnancy advanced more. He didn’t want the child, but he told no-one, and he told Tilly the moment she went into labour he didn’t want the child. Nobody knew his fears, nobody knew because he’d kept them to himself.

Martha sat; she could hear Tilly’s sniffing behind her. This funeral was as bad as the first one, if not worse. Because now Tilly had to go without her mother. She and Jack were clinging to Aria, hoping she’d never be taken away from them.

This funeral was shorter, as Beth was already buried, but everyone seemed to need to say goodbye again, after everything had happened. It had just been for Tilly and the victims, plus Tony and the Hunters/Holden’s. Lest we forget, Bethany Ann Hunter.

----------------------------------

Two years had passed since that eventful day, and Summer Bay was looking brighter. Cassie and Macca had welcomed a little baby into the family; Flynn Joshua Mackenzie. Ric and Tilly were now in a relationship, both insistent on taking it very slow.

Noah was six, Ella was five, Aria-Beth was four, Matthew was three, Kayla was two and Flynn was 2 months. All relationships were solid, except for a few, namely Colleen’s relationship with Ronny Schmidt, and Hayley and Scott were having small problems but everyone knew they’d get through them.

Martha smiled as she thought back the last few years. Everything had gone well, and she looked at Jack, smiling. She smiled at him as he opened his eyes, waking up, preparing to meet the day. Suddenly the smile vanished from her face, and she bolted from the room.

NEXT TIME: Why is Martha unconcious in hospital?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!!

Wow Tilly's alive, yey! Martha, why is Martha in hospital UNCONSCIOUS!!! Please let her be pregnant *crosses fingers* Aria's four and she said that when she was four she wanted another child, please be pregnant please lol. She better be alright thought :P Update soon, I want to know what happens :)

Oh no, please dont let anything bad happen to Martha :( Maybe she is pregnant, thats why she bolted, but why is she unconscious, maybe she slipped in the bathroom and hit her head :( But im glad Mattie is back :D Great chapter

Please update soon :D

Chapter Eleven

Jack sighed peacefully in his relaxed state. His eyes were closed and peaceful, he’d woken to Martha’s smiling face. Suddenly he felt the bed sheets be ripped off him, and his eyes flashed open; expecting to see Martha as the culprit. Sure enough, she was the culprit. But she was racing from the room, which sent fear down his spine; he hurried up, in time to see her lying on the ground, not moving. “Martha!” He exclaimed, hurrying to her side, he felt for a pulse, it was there. He grabbed the phone, dialling for an ambulance. He noticed the gash on his head, the twisted rug and the blood on the now-red glass table. She must have fallen in her rush and hit her head on the sharp edge. He stayed by her side, and then the ambulance officers came rushing into the room, and when he was there he rushed off, getting changed while they were with her in a heartbeat, he grabbed Aria and her bag they always had at the ready, and in no time flat they were at the hospital.

------------------------------------

Jack sighed, clinging to Aria. He had no idea what was going on with Martha. And to top if off, Aria was grumpy and whiny because she’d been woken up in the middle of her sleep. He leapt up when he saw Rachel exit the room. He felt encouraged by the smile he received from her.

“It’s okay to go in Jack, but just be quiet. She’s still unconscious, any idea what happened? I think she must have hit her head pretty hard.” She said, looking at Jack.

Jack nodded “I noticed that there was some blood on the table, she must’ve hit the edge, and the rug was twisted and messed around, so then she must have fallen.” He said quietly “I was in bed, and she just ran out of the room. So I didn’t see.” He said softly.

Rachel nodded again, then looked at Aria “Is Tony and Alf coming?” She said quietly.

Jack nodded “Yeah, but I’m gunna wait till they come to go in. Aria shouldn’t have to see her mother in that state. It’s not right to put her through that.” He said.

“I can mind her. It’s not that busy, besides me and Aria get along great. She can help me with some patients, can’t you Aria?” She said cheerfully to the four year old.

Aria nodded, her mood had improved since she’d eaten, so she smiled “I’d like that Rachie.” She said happily, grabbed her hand.

Jack gave Rachel a grateful smile, before quietly heading into his girlfriend’s hospital room. He looked at her, laying there not moving and moved to her side, holding her hand tightly.

Suddenly she stirred, moving slightly then obviously wincing in pain.

Jack bolted upright, squeezing her hand “Martha, its okay I’m here.” He encouraged.

She opened her eyes slightly, seeing Jack but seeing nobody else. She groaned, rubbing her head and wincing as her hand moved across her wound “What happened?” She said in a soft voice, then remembered “Jack, I slipped on the rug and hit the table and slid across it.” She mumbled

Jack said softly “I know, babe. Its okay, I’m here. Rach has just taken Aria for a bit.” He said softly. He turned as he heard gentle footsteps approaching the door.

“Hello Martha, how are you going?” Rachel asking smiling.

“Like I hit my head.” She said, groaning.

Rachel smiled “Jack, I need to talk to Martha alone for a minute, can you go please?” She asked, and Jack nodded before moving out.

“What’s up?” Martha asked, she was becoming more and more alert even though her body was aching from hitting the table and her head.

“Nothing’s up, it’s perfectly normal in fact. I thought you’d like to know that your two months pregnant.” She smiled at her, as she gave her the good news.

Martha looked surprised, and then happy “Are you serious?” She gasped, she and Jack had always talked about having another baby when Aria was between the age of three up, and now they had. “We’ve been trying for seven months, no luck and now, I’m pregnant.” She said, smiling “Finally some good news from this hospital bed.” She said laughing.

Rachel smiled “I’ll go get Jack.” She said smiling.

Jack hurried into the room soon after “What’s wrong?” He said, he’d obviously been worried about her.

“Nothing’s wrong, in fact everything perfect.” She said smiling “Jack, I’m pregnant.” She giggled, she was thrilled.

Jack looked at her in disbelief, thrilled “That’s amazing!” He cheered loudly, hugging her.

Rachel came in; wheeling a machine “I thought this would be useful. I heard your reaction Jack. I’m sure the whole hospital did.” She said laughing.

Martha grinned at the embarrassed Jack, as the machine was set up, and she winced when the freezing gel was put on her stomach, and giving Jack a glare when he laughed at her.

Rachel smirked at him “I thought you’d have learnt from the first time; never mess with a pregnant woman!” She declared.

Martha smiled as Jack took her hand, preparing to see their baby “The gel was the thing I didn’t miss about pregnancy. That and the added weight, the added stress, looking like a pig oh and the food cravings. Remember the food cravings, Jack? The pancakes, asparagus and sausages all at once?” She teased.

Jack looked terrified “Please don’t tell me we are going have to having that again! What am I supposed to eat, I’m not pregnant!” He whinged.

Martha smirked “If only you could be.” She suddenly gasped, holding Jack’s hand tighter. There, on the screen was their little baby. A smile crept onto her face, she couldn’t believe it. She had a little being inside of her, and she smiled as she looked lovingly at the screen, than at Jack’s face watching the screen intently. They were going to have a perfect family, she knew it.

-----------------------

Two hours later, Martha had been discharged from hospital. She was relieved, she’d been told to rest up but other than that she’d be fine. Not like Jack was taking any risks. He was fussing over her, and being funnily protective. They hadn’t told anyone yet, they’d found out Martha was nearly three months gone, and they couldn’t believe that hadn’t noticed the signs but they’d been very busy, with Aria and Beth’s anniversary coming up. They were at the diner when Tony and Luc came in, smiling.

“Hey guys!” Tony said, smiling at them.

“Hey.” They said together, Martha holding a hand on her stomach.

Tony went to sit next to Martha and noticing her hand “Are you alright love?” He asked, as the rest of the Hunter clan came in, with Alf and Ric, and Martha smiled.

“Well, since we’re all here we might as well tell you now.” Martha stated, smiling “I’m pregnant.” She told them, smiling.

Tilly was the first to respond, hugging Martha “Congrats!” She squealed, leaving Martha holding her ears laughing.

Robbie sighed “Tilly stop trying to scare the baby!” He said, sounding exasperated.

As people clambered around, the new people entering wanted to know, and soon the whole of Summer Bay knew that Jack and Martha were expecting a happy event.

Little did they know, someone was watching them, and was intent on making himself known. He headed into the diner, and smirked at Tilly and Robbie’s reactions of fear, Kit’s of anger, Scott’s of hatred. Yup, he was getting them back. He was getting all five of them back.

NEXT TIME: Who is the stranger? What does he want with the Hunter children?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Archived