Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.

GOOD GIRL!?

Rosie, how can you say that after what she's done to Rachel in having Faith....you better not contaminate her in THIS fic...

Oh, anyways.

Hmmm....Maybe it's NONE of the,m! Beth or colleen....ONE of them.

Chapter Eight

A week had passed since her funeral, and the town was slowly in recovery. Five children had lost their mother, and two lost their stepmother. This had hit Jack and Lucas especially hard; Beth was like their mother. She’d taken the role of their mother for nearly four years. Four years. And to have her just heartlessly taken away, that was something Jack just couldn’t deal with. Not again, he couldn’t lose another mum. Jack and the others were sitting in the house. Just sitting. The one person doing anything was Aria, and that was because she didn’t understand. She didn’t understand that the woman she’d known as her grandmother had died.

Martha put her hand on Jack’s shoulder; she felt for him. Beth had helped her out in so many ways. She’d had Aria when she was 20, conceived her when she was 19, and she’d worried throughout the whole pregnancy and the first month of her life that she’d do something wrong, somehow stuff it up, and in turn, stuff up her child. But it was two years later, and it was because of Beth that Martha had coped so well. She’d come around often, giving her advice, spoiling Aria. No longer would Aria be spoiled by her grandmother. Martha had no contact with her birth family, so the closest that Aria had to a grandmother from Martha’s side was her great Aunty Morag. Aria’s full name was even Aria-Beth Mackenzie, as a thank you.

Everyone was alerted back to the present by Aria’s cries. The toddler was getting tired and she wanted everyone to know it. Martha picked her up, and went to take her to her crib but Jack stopped her. He reached out for her; his meaning clear. Martha nodded silently, handing the toddler to her father, before sitting down again.

Jack held his daughter close. He didn’t want any of his family out of the room, especially Martha and Aria. He couldn’t stand to be parted from his girls; they were his world. He held Aria, talking softly to her, as the sleepy child gently drifted off to sleep, in the tight and secure hold of her father.

Martha spoke up “Tony, have you heard from Dean?” She asked in a small voice, when suddenly they heard a voice from the doorway.

“Tony.” She said, it was Rachel. In her arms she held Matilda Harriet Jane, in her arms. “Dean left her at the hospital. He’s done a runner.” She said softly.

Martha was the first to respond. She got up quickly and rushed over to the small baby, and took her gently from Rachel’s arms; cradling her.

Kit looked on stunned. She thought that Dean had loved Matilda and her daughter but maybe she’d been wrong. The first thing she felt was anger. How could he go and leave Tilly there? “How could he just abandon her?!” She said out loud, angry “I thought he loved her, he said he’d look after her! She had every single one of Matilda’s names. Every single one yet he just left his wife’s baby in the hospital.” She said, furiously.

Martha put a hand on Kit’s shoulder; supporting Tilly with her other hand securely “I’m sure he had his reasons, but I do agree. You can’t just leave a baby in a hospital! Imagine if Rachel hadn’t brought her here. She could have had to go into foster care!” She said angrily, she noticed Kit looking longingly at the baby girl; she handed her to Kit, before sitting beside Jack, stroking Aria’s face.

Kit held the precious bundle in her arms. “You guys all have your own kids to worry about. I have none and I have no partner. I’m happy to raise her.” She said, looking around.

Martha nodded “As long as she’s in good hands, which she is with Kit, I’m fine with her being anywhere.” She said softly. “Kit, if you need anything, anything at all, come to us. We’ll help you with whatever; clothes, blankets, toys.”

Jack smiled as he looked at his girlfriend. He was proud of her to, she’d come a lot way. He remembered that first time she’d held Aria; she’d thought she was going to drop her. And he knew that Beth was the one person who’d helped her. Well, Beth and Jack but Jack had never been a parent before.

Kit smiled, as everyone else nodded their agreement and offered their help “Thanks guys.” She said softly “I feel I owe it to Mattie to raise Tilly in the best way possible.” She said, determined to raise her niece properly. “She’ll know what an amazing woman her mother was.”

Tony watched all of this. He just sat back and watched. Beth had often come to him, telling him how Martha was going. He’d known that Beth played a big role in Aria’s life, assisting Martha with her when she struggled. And he knew how much that meant to Jack and Martha both; this was the reason her death had affected them so. He said softly “Maybe I should say this now.” He said softly, alerting them to the present “Right.” He said, “Me and Beth both had messages that we wanted to pass onto our children, and stepchildren in the event of our passing. Kids, Beth adored you all, even Jack and Luc. She especially adored all of her stunning grandchildren, they were her life.” He said, meaning Noah, the eldest grandchild, then Ella, then Matthew, then Aria, and last of all Tilly. I know that you’re all in shock; you’ve all lost your sister, and your niece has lost her mother.” He said “But, I know this is going to seem harsh, but she would have wanted you all to get on with life. She watched you all struggle with Graham’s death. She said she wanted you to remember her, but not feel sad. She wanted you to remember that she loved you, cherished you, and that you meant the world to her. I know that losing Matilda as well was especially hard for you, and then your mother, but remember, she was proud of you. She was also proud that you’d all managed to find such amazing partners. Scott found Hayley and together they had their beautiful son, Noah Jonathon Hunter. Robbie found Tasha, and together they have Ella Louise Hunter. Lucas found Sara and together they have Matthew. Jack found Martha, together they have had a beautiful daughter, Aria-Beth Marie Mackenzie, and Matilda found Dean, and was only to ever have one child. A beautiful daughter, Matilda Harriet Jane Hunter.” He said softly. “She’d be very proud of Kit, for taking in Tilly, I know she would. She’s probably up there, beaming down at you all, congratulating you. And she’ll send her advice down somehow, Kit, I know she will.” He said, smiling at the girl he’d come to call his daughter, as he had all Beth’s children and as Beth had he’s kids.

All the kids and their partners looked sad at that, and Martha was the first to speak “Thanks Tony.” She said, looking at him with tears in her eyes.

Tony said “And I also know, that she was honoured that you named your daughter Aria-Beth.” He said softly “She always called her Aria-Beth, she felt honoured to be partly named after your baby girl, have her name in her first name. You honoured her beyond words, and she was proud of the way you raised Aria. She was proud of the way all of you have raised your kids.” He said honestly.

By the end of the night, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house.

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!!

Archived