Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Eighteen

“I can’t lose him Tony.” Martha said as she sat by Jack’s bedside a few days later “I can’t raise the kids without him Tony, I can’t stand the kids being raised without their father. I’ve already lost Beth, I can’t lose Jack as well.” She said, her eyes starting to water again.

“I know this is hard Martha, I went through the similar thing with Jack and Luc when they were little. But look, I managed. And you’re strong and capable, Martha. You can do this, I know you can, I’ll help you, Luc’ll help, Alf, Ric, everyone in the Bay will be willing to help you love.” He said, giving her a hug.

Suddenly, the machines in Jack’s room started to beep, and Tony knew exactly what was happening. Jack was flat-lining, he was dying...

“RACHEL!” Martha screamed out for the doctor to help.

--------------------------------

“Rachel, what’s going on?” Tony pleaded with Rachel as he saw her head out of Jack’s room.

“It’s good news. He went into cardiac arrest half an hour ago, yes that’s true. But, a minute into the arrest we managed to get his heart started again, and now, he’s awake. He’s very weak, so only one at a time. He can barely speak, but his hearing is fine.” Rachel said, relieved to be delivering this news.

“Oh my god!” Martha said, throwing her arms around Tony.

“Martha, you can go in.” Tony said, nodding towards the room.

Martha hesitantly walked into the room. Jack didn’t know about Callan, Tilly was minding her kids, and was bring Callan into the hospital soon, in about fifteen minutes. She smiled when she saw Jack, his eyes barely open “Jack.” She said softly, hurrying to his bedside and grabbing his hand.

Jack saw her coming toward him, he realised something. She didn’t look eight months pregnant. He’d been told he’d been out for a month and a bit. He saw and felt her grasp his hand and moved his hand slowly towards her belly.

Martha realised what he was asking “Jack, a month and a week ago I had the baby.” She said softly “I went into premature labour, all the stress had piled up and I didn’t control my emotions.” She saw the pain and the fear in Jack’s eyes, clearly he thought she’d lost the baby “That day, Callan Jack Holden was brought into the world. Tilly’s bringing him along later.” She said.

Jack felt relieved when she told him that their baby was alright “Sorry.” He said, his voice hoarse and it was painful for him to talk.

“It’s okay Jack.” She said, smiling softly at him.

“How’s Aria?” He asked, his voice still painful to sound but he didn’t care. He’d missed his son’s birth, and the first month and a half of his life, that wasn’t something he was going to like “And how is Callan?” He asked.

“They are both fine. Aria will be relieved to know that you’re alright, and Callan will finally get to meet his daddy.” She said softly. She looked up when Rachel entered.

“Martha, Tilly’s here with Callan. Tilly is so happy Jack’s awake, and word’s getting around Summer Bay. So if you want you can bring Callan in, just make sure he’s as quiet as possible.” She said, smiling “But I know that’ll be hard.”

“He can be noisy.” Jack said.

Martha smiled before heading out, and bringing in her son. She held her month old baby outside the room, and cradled him tightly before heading into the room.

Jack looked at his son. He had a mop of brown hair, and Martha’s blue eyes. Both their children had Martha’s blue eyes, he’d noticed “He’s amazing.” He whispered, nearly overcome by the amazing emotion of seeing his son for the first time. He was getting bigger every day, and more handsome every day.

She noticed Jack’s face and smiled at him, and headed over to the bed and sat on it leaning close to Jack but not leaning on him, not wanting her weight on him.

He noticed this, and put his arm around her and pulled her in towards him. He felt her resist him “Martha, I need to hold you.” He whispered, trying hard not to cry.

She relented and leant into him, feeling him wrap her arms around her body, and their son. She smiled “I’ll let you hold him when you’re a bit stronger.” She promised him “He wants his daddy to hold him.” She said with a giggle. She looked at the clock “I’ve been in here ten minutes nearly! Time’s flown, I’m sure you’re dad wants to see you Jack.” She said, trying to get out of his hold.

He wouldn’t let go of her “You’re not going anywhere.” He told her firmly “I’ve been away from you and our family for too long.” He said, adamant that she stay.

She smiled at him, and gave him a long kiss on the lips. She pulled away and smiled at him “I missed doing that.” She admitted.

“I missed receiving your kisses.” He told her, smiling at his perfect fiancé.

“I can’t believe I nearly lost you.” She said softly.

“I’m not going anywhere Martha, just try and get rid of me.” He said softly, kissing the top of her head, looking down lovingly at their son.

NEXT CHAPTER: How does Macca fair?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

Tiffy! MSN!

Archived