Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Nineteen

Martha gripped Jack’s hand as she heard Aria’s running feet “Aria!” She exclaimed, reaching out for her daughter even though she was really tired “Were you a good girl for Rachel?” She asked her, as Tony put her on the bed.

“Yes mummy.” She said, relieved to be back with her parents. She’d been with Rachel, and although she loved her godmother she did wish that her mummy had been with her, she’d missed them both so much and she knew they were both unwell “Mummy can I stay with you tonight?” She practically pleaded with her.

“We’ll have to ask Rach, but I’m sure she’d be fine with it. Were you a bit upset last night sweetheart?” She asked her daughter while she gave her a loving hug.

“Does daddy get a hug?” Jack asked his daughter, noting that he’d been ignored for Martha.

“Daddy!” She squealed, throwing her arms around his neck.

“That’s better sweetie. Daddy needed a hug.” He said softly “Daddy hasn’t seen you for a while has he?” He asked her.

“No, you’ve been asleep!” She accused him.

“Yes I have baby girl but I’m awake now, and I’m getting much better.” He told her, smiling.

“You will continue to get better as well.” Rachel said, smiling at the happy family “Martha, you’re okay to go home today if your signs keep going the way they are, and Jack unfortunately you’ll be in here for around two weeks. Prepare, attack of the hospital food.” She said with a laugh.

“Oh god.” Jack groaned good-naturedly.

“Rach would we be allowed to send food in from us for him?” Martha asked hopefully.

“I’ll see what I can do but I highly doubt it, they think very highly of the hospital food, the hospital managers do, they think it helps the healing process when it probably slows it down it’s that horrible.” Rachel said with a smile.

“I remember when I was in here after both my labours. Boy it sucked and I had to feed two people, that was just awful that food. Fortunately Jack snuck plenty of food in for me and the bubs.” She said with a laugh.

“Jack shouldn’t have done that.” Came the cold, strict voice of Judy Barclay.

“Judy everybody does it.” Rachel said, trying to get the nurse to ease up a little bit “Relax, it’s fine.” She tried to assure them.

“It isn’t fine Rachel and you know it.” She snapped “I could report you for this!” She threatened her.

“Oh my god, you are such a little cow it’s not funny!” She snapped at her “Leave us alone before I report you!” She threatened.

“Or I report you.” Jack said innocently.

Judy glared at both of them “I dare you.” She said sweetly.

“How about none of us report anyone?” Martha cut in, trying to keep the peace.

“How about you stay out of this you dirty little slut.” Judy snapped at her.

Martha lay, stunned, while Rachel verbally attacked Judy.

“How dare you insult a patient, and another patients fiancé! I’m definitely reporting you for the way you’ve been treating Jack and Martha, definitely!” She threatened her angrily “You will pay for this Judy, you had no right!”

“Guys just stop it, not in front of Aria!” Martha warned angrily.

“That brat of a kid? She should know better than to run in the hospital!” She said furiously.

“What is going on here?” Julie snapped as she walked into the room “Other patients are trying to rest, Judy what are you doing in here you’re meant to be working not arguing! You aren’t meant to be in this room!” She said furiously “Go and do some work!” Julie was the head nurse on this floor, and she, like Rachel, was determined to bring Judy down.

“Fine.” Judy said, walking off with her head held high.

“I want her fired so badly.” Rachel said with a sigh “Julie can’t you do something?” She pleaded.

“Unfortunately for now my hands are tied but I want her out of here as much as you do. I don’t like her one bit, she’s sly and nasty. I’ll tell you her past. Her ex husband dealt her the deal she deserved – He took their four children and left, after she went through major dramas and issues, drugs, everything. She had four kids under eight, and she’s not seen any of them for over two years. He was going to leave earlier but she fell pregnant and he didn’t want to leave that child. He took her newborn son from the hospital, and her other son and daughters. So the board is treading carefully with her. She lost her children, she’s forbidden to see any of them, and he has full custody as she’s deemed an unfit parent.” Julie told them “I feel she deserves that, she nearly ruined her oldest daughter’s life, she’s been here for years. I remember her before the kids were born, a strange person but happily married. They had Alli after they’d been married two years, then Sean when Alli was two, then when Sean was three they had Roxy and then when Roxy was one year old, they had Rocco. After Rocco was born everything was going great guns for them, until the day he was born her husband, Alex, found out she’d been doing drugs and everything, had barely managed to stop during her last pregnancy and that she’d bought drugs with her to the hospital. She’s never getting any of her kids back and that’s the way it should be.” Julie told them firmly.

“Wow, but that is a rather tragic life.” Martha admitted “I can’t imagine losing my two kids. Jack don’t get any ideas.” Martha warned him, but she was smiling at him.

“Damn, foiled my plan again.” Jack teased his fiancé “Don’t worry I’m not taking them and running.” He assured her “I need you too much to do that.” He said with a laugh.

NEXT CHAPTER: Will Alex return to the bay with the kids?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

WOW PAris your on a roll all 3 of your fics in one morning lol :P i really dont like nurse judy i wish she would dig a whole and die there ok maybe thats too far just stay down there for a long time lol :P aww Aria is sooo gorgous i love her :wub: and her name its really cute lol aww i HATE hospital fod aswell it sucks lol i hope martha does sneak some in for jack lol :P oooo i wonder whether he will return to the bay and what to do???? Please update ASAP :)

Archived