Childhood

Guest -ParaisGal-

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Twenty One

“She was an amazing woman, always welcoming and happy to talk to you, nothing was too much for her.” Kim said, emotion clearly stuck in his voice as he fought off the tears. Today was the worst day of his life, he was burying his beloved wife, Rachel Hyde, mother of Hannah and Lily “She loved her daughters, Hannah and Lily, and adored taking care of them. Hopefully they’ll grow up like her, she was a beautiful woman. I’ll miss her and love her always.” Kim said, trying to keep his emotion. At 22, he faced life as a single father to two daughters, that wasn’t something he ever wanted to face. Not that he minded being a single parent, but without Rachel by his side was difficult “I will miss her always.” He said softly, before putting the last flower on Rachel’s coffin.

--------------------------

Martha held Hannah tight, knowing that the girl knew something was wrong. Rachel and Hannah had really bonded, they were very close. Lily didn’t understand that her mother wasn’t coming back, and Hannah knew her mother wasn’t coming back and that hurt her very badly.

Kim walked slowly over to Martha “Thanks.” He said softly, lifting Hannah into his arms. He’d reluctantly put Lily in her crib, and now he wanted to not let Hannah out of his sight. He couldn’t risk anything happening to either of his children.

“You’re welcome.” Martha said softly, giving him a brief hug.

Kit walked uneasily over to Kim “I’m sorry about Rachel.” She said softly.

He looked at her “Thanks.” He said softly.

“It’s going to be hard, being single father to two girls.” Kit said.

“I know it’s going to be hard, but I will do it. I’m never remarrying, I owe that much to Rachel.” He snapped at her “So if you think that we’d ever be an item again you can forget it!” He said furiously.

“I-I didn’t-t mean-n.” Kit stammered.

“Just go, Kit.” Kim said, pointing towards the door.

Kit looked at him, ashamed she’d thought that and hurried out the door without another word.

-------------------------------------

“It’s going to get easier.” Martha said to Kim softly.

“I don’t think it is, Mac. It’s not gotten easier yet and it’s been a month, a month since I lost my wife, Hannah and Lily lost their mother, you lost your best friend. Everyone lost a beautiful person.” He said softly. Something in Kim’s mind clicked “Aren’t you and Jack meant to be getting married in a week?” He asked her.

“We decided to put it off, it’s too soon after Rachel. Everyone’s still in mourning, we shouldn’t get married so soon after her death, it would be disrespectful Kim.” Martha said softly.

“I think it’s time you two got married. You’ve been going out for six years, have two children. You never know when your time is up.” He said softly.

“Alright, we will then.” She said, smiling at Kim “Thanks.” She said quietly.

“Don’t mention it, Rachel would hate that you weren’t getting married because of her, I know she’d hate me for not saying anything so it’s time you two got married, you’ve still got everything organised?” He asked her.

“Yeah, we didn’t cancel anything yet.” She admitted.

“Go on, you’ve got a wedding to prepare for!” Kim said, pointing to her car.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe that I’m finally getting married!” Martha said, on the day of her wedding.

“You deserve this.” Tasha said softly to her “You and Jack deserve happiness.” Tasha told her.

“Alright, let’s do this!” Martha declared.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“May I introduce to you the bride and groom, Mr and Mrs Jack Holden!” Tony said, at the reception. Everything was going well and everyone was happy. Their life was finally going well, and Summer Bay couldn’t be happier.

NEXT CHAPTER: What shocking news does Jack have for Martha?

PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW!

I've missed a few chapters

You killed Rach!? Oh well. It's not really life, I suppose. You know, with all these deleted posts, it's really confusing. What WAS that about? *Sarah is confused*

Kim was really mean to Kit. Then again, he's just lostr a wife...still, she didn't mean it likfe that... :angry:

:D Update soon!

I've missed a few chapters

You killed Rach!? Oh well. It's not really life, I suppose. You know, with all these deleted posts, it's really confusing. What WAS that about? *Sarah is confused*

Kim was really mean to Kit. Then again, he's just lostr a wife...still, she didn't mean it likfe that... :angry:

:D Update soon!

[/quote

so have i great update xx

Archived