Life Is Hard No Matter What Your Age

Guest tasha7905

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 10 - Confusion

Lucas's P O V

Maddie and I are on the beach just lazing about and Ive got to say im enjoying do nothing just being in here company.

"Lucas can you put cream on my back please." She asks me.

"Sure" I reply. I grab the bottle and start massaging the cream into her skin, moving my hands slowly. I glance down at her and laugh. "Stay awake" I say as I watch her eyes shut slowly.

"I am" she says sleepily. I turn her over and put my lips to hers. "Ok Im awake, Im awake" She says sitting up, so our eyes are level. "So what do you want to do now?" She says.

"kiss you" I say goofily as I kiss her again this time for longer and with more passion.

"Matilda Hunter I really hope you know this guy" An unfamiliar voice says from behind me.

"Hey" she says pullling away from my embrace.

I turn and see a guy standing grinning at her, Im not sure how I feel about my girlfriend pulling away from me to talk to another guy, Im not sure how Im supposed to feel.

"Very funny Ric" I hear her continue. "This is my boyfriend Lucas."

"Hey" I say looking at this dark haired guy, who looks to be everything I am not.

"Hi" he says "Wow maddie you dont waste anytime do you. You have just moved to the Bay havent you?" He asks me.

"Yea a few days ago" I reply.

"By the way" Matilda interupts, I think she can tell Im uncomfortable. "This is my best friend Cassie's boyfriend.

I sigh out loud as I feel relief run through me.

Jack's P O V

I walk into Noah's and see her working behind the bar. I watch her for a while taking in everything about her, until she looks over and sees me.

"Hey" I say as I take a seat at the bar.

"HI" she says barely even looking at me.

"have I done something wrong Mac" I know I sound needy but her attitude sees strange.

"No why would you think that?" she says and she seems stunned by my question.

"Well you dont seem to want me here, and I get the impression you would prefer not to speak to me, yet last night we were kissing" I say. Im getting frustrated at the way she is behaving.

"Look Jack a kiss is just a kiss, no big deal. Lets not make it into anything more than it is." She says coldly.

"Ok fine" I say, even though inside I can feel my heart breaking. "I will just have a beer then please."

She serves me and I walk off to a free table. I have absolutely no idea what has just happened or why she is acting like this, but then again I hardly no her so maybe I should just give up and move on.

Tony's P O V

"Well its nice to meet you" i say as Beth introduces me to Irene and Alf.

"You to" Irene says sitting down with us. "I have heard a lot about your family already."

"Really" I say. Im surprised but then I guess its a small town so newcomers are probably good gossip.

"Well more about one member"she continues "Lucas isnt it?"

"Yea my youngest, why has he done something wrong" I say. Please dont say he is in trouble, he never has been before and I really dont want to have to deal with teenage rebellion, If im honest I dont want any hastle at the moment, I want to spend time with Beth. Does that make me a bad father?

"No dahl, he has done nothing wrong. I've just heard a lot about him from Belle, she is my foster daughter she is the same age as Lucas I think." Irene says and I know Im looking at her puzzled as she hasnt actually said what she has heard. "Oh sorry, Belle thinks he is a spunk."

I laugh, my son the stud. Now that I would never have imagined. I guess Matilda has some competition.

"Dont tell Matilda please" Beth says laughing.

"Yea she got there first" I say laughing with them.

Out of the blue I feel Beth's hand on mine, under the table like we were a pair of school kids. I have to admit though it feels good.

Jack's P O V

I guess I must have felt more than her last night. Ive been here for nearly an hour and she has hardly spoken to me. Maybe she is just the type of girl that leads people on and just goes out to have fun.

I cant stand sitting here anymore. Ive got to get out. Women maybe I will never understand.

Lucas's P O V

"Actually Cass and I have broken up" Ric says sitting down next to us. I move away from Matilda slightly for some reason I feel like im intruding.

"Again why this time" I hear Matilda say. I tune out the rest of the conversation.

I think im jealous of this guy even though he appears to be just a friend of hers and he seems like a nice guy. I cant figure out why Im feeling like this.

Maybe being a boyfriend isnt as straight forward as I thought.

Tony's P O V

Everyone I have met so far seems really nice. Im so glad we moved here although that may have more to do with Beth. I watch her as she laughs at something Irene says. Her eyes sparkle and she looks beautiful. God Im turning soppy, I had better hide that from my sons. Although they both seemed lost in their own dream worlds this morning. Love must be in the air.

Archived