Accents

Guest alexx

I have a very big thing about speaking voices. It can change my perception of someone entirely. It can as much as make me fall deeply in love, or turn me off for life. I think voices really give you a window into a person's soul. They are extremely important in the attraction processs. Eyes also. Voices and eyes. They are my big things.

I don't think you can quite say you love the English, Irish, Ausssie etc voice in such broad terms, because voices vary so much between people. For instance, I adore Nicholas Bishop's gentle, low register Aussie accent, but am not so keen on, say, Jason Smith's loud, high pitched voice. Callan Mulvey also has a lovely, quiet, sexy Aussie accent. :wub:

American accents vary hugely also. The nasal ones are pretty awful, the lazy Laguna Beach type accent is horrible as well. The absolute best American accent I have ever heard is Josh Holloway's sexy Southern drawl, but other people from the same neck of the woods as Josh don't sound half as good.

The sexiest Scottish accent I have ever heard belongs to James McAvoy. I thought nothing of him before, then I heard him speak and it made me fall head over heels in love with him. :wub:

Basically my preference is for gentle voices. Anything too loud or pronounced is a real turn off. Amongst the male population, my weakness is for for those really deep, stong yet gentle sounding voices. American, Aussie, English, Scottish, Irish...they can all be incredibly sexy if they are done in the right way.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ That shouldn't annoy you; it sounds like a nice combination! It's better than my 'posh Stoke' combination, as one of my friends so flatteringly put it! Think a posh, female, version of Robbie Williams, I guess. :P

Hmm...I like diffrent accents, particularly New Zealand. Can't help it.

I don't really care. Think of it this way:

A person with your favourite accent is horrible to you.

A person with your least favourite accent is REALLY nice to you.

Which one do you like better?

I know a lot of italians, and most frustrate me, because one literally hates me and the other one is clingy and frustrating, so it puts me off italians a little bit (plus I learn it at school, so I don't like it)

It doesn't have to do with ACCENTS as uch, but whenever I think of it-I shudder.

And that has nothing to do with anyone here, so no one get offended! :D:P

I love a lot of different English accents like Scottish, Australian, London, American and Canadian, but since I live in Norway I don't get to meet a lot of people speaking English. I think it has some influence on my opinion, because there tends to be a "oh, he/she's from there, so she/he must be like this and that..." you know, and even though it's not necessarily true I tend to think people are farmers or live far away from civilisation if they have a really clear accent, and people speaking with an accent revealing they're from the capital or some city in the eastern parts of the country are snobbish and stuck up.

I kind of have a mix myself, I speak with an eastern accent, but with some local twists. When I speak English I have a very American accent, but I'm trying to change it to Australian (without much luck so far)

I know a lot of italians, and most frustrate me, because one literally hates me and the other one is clingy and frustrating, so it puts me off italians a little bit (plus I learn it at school, so I don't like it)

Offtopic I know, but you learn Italian? Me too! :D

Archived