Accents

Guest alexx

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend is from Northern Ireland and she can't say Howard. It always comes out as "Hard". It's hilarious.

NI people do not pronounce Howard as Hard! NI people do not pronounce the w in Howard as much as say the English, Scottish orWelsh. You simply have to listen carefully to hear the W in the pronounciation of Howard !

Us scousers are getting bad stick on this site today what with Ryan posting scouse jokes and you all hating our accents! :P

Fortunately we have good sense of humours too! I have numerous links to sites that rip scousers if anyone wants them.

I love Irish accents. Men with Irish accents are so sexy. I also have a soft spot for Geordie accents, maybe because I'm a scouse but there's something really friendly about a Geordie accent.

I'm not overly keen on southern accents. It wouldn't put me off but I wouldn't find it as easy to talk to someone with a southern accent the same way I would with a northerner. Maybe its the old North/South divide, just a personal thing and no offence meant to anyone.

My friend is from Northern Ireland and she can't say Howard. It always comes out as "Hard". It's hilarious.

NI people do not pronounce Howard as Hard! NI people do not pronounce the w in Howard as much as say the English, Scottish orWelsh. You simply have to listen carefully to hear the W in the pronounciation of Howard !

I have listened carefully, about a million times! It just sounds like hard to me, and everyone else in my work. It's all in good fun though, she takes the **** out of our accents too.

Archived