Accents

Guest alexx

How does the New Zealand accent differ from the Australian accent ? Another thing I have noticed is that the Australian accent does not seem to change much no matter where in Aus the person is from, whereas in the UK and Ireland, accents vary quite a lot from region to region.

I've noticed that too, Claire. Although SA seems to have a bit of a 'kiwi' sounding accent (in my humble opinion). Pia Corelli in H&A sounded like this. I guess there is a difference in the country areas - words seem to be spoken more slowly and drawn-out.

We need an Aussie input on this!

Who was Pia Corelli in H&A ? I can't remember her.

She was a policewoman who was in it two or three years ago.

Thanks for letting me know, although I can't remember her. I used to watch A Country Practice, and although I can't really remember exactly what the accent was like, I can vividly remember it, although it sounds quite similar to the Aussie one, except that it seemed a harsher version of the Aussie accent, which I thought sounded much softer than the Kiwi one.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Thanks for letting me know, although I can't remember her. I used to watch A Country Practice, and although I can't really remember exactly what the accent was like, I can vividly remember it, although it sounds quite similar to the Aussie one, except that it seemed a harsher version of the Aussie accent, which I thought sounded much softer than the Kiwi one.

A Country Practice is Australian, the accents were a Australian, unless your talking about a specific character?

[Thanks for letting me know, although I can't remember her. I used to watch A Country Practice, and although I can't really remember exactly what the accent was like, I can vividly remember it, although it sounds quite similar to the Aussie one, except that it seemed a harsher version of the Aussie accent, which I thought sounded much softer than the Kiwi one.

A Country Practice is Australian, the accents were a Australian, unless your talking about a specific character?

I'm sorry, I thought that A Country Practice was NZ soap, as some of them didn't sound as Australian as H&A or Neighbours. I thought that the main male character, I forget his name, I think he was a farmer, was from NZ.

• 2 months later...

Archived