Accents

Guest alexx

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like a lot of accidents, oh i hate the indian accident (i am indian so dont shoot me) and the Sri Lankan one, i can never understand what their saying. BUt i love the Canadian accent and British accent and sometimes the American one, even though it annoys me sometimes. I dont know what the aussie accent sounds like since i am aussie and have lived in Australia for over 18yrs (my whole life practically), so ive grown used to it, i can probs only recognise the aussie accent if someone has a really strong one :lol:

From shows I've seen in the UK, I'm not keen on North UK accents, like the really strong Manchester. I heard soccer fans in Manchester and it’s like they say 'Manchesto or footbollo's in stead of footballer's'!?

I like the Oz accent and really like NZ accent. America is ok, not keen on the Kansas accent though. Chinese accent sounds pretty funny if you listen carefully.

I think its crazy that the UK has such a wide variety of accents only 10 mins apart in a car from one location to the next. And its such a small country compared to Oz where we all sound the same.

The most annoying accent on the face of the earth is the Stoke-on-Trent accent (in the middle of the UK)...I live with it every day and it annoys the hell out of me! Every sentence is ended with 'love' or 'duck'. Listen to some of Robbie William's earlier interviews and that's the accent! And I hate the dialect - I have no idea what people are saying....

Canna kick a baw a'gain a waw yen yed i'twiv yer 'ed til it bow, canna kay?

And I'm just like...okay....right....in English, please?

My friend is from Northern Ireland and she can't say Howard. It always comes out as "Hard". It's hilarious.

NI people do not pronounce Howard as Hard! NI people do not pronounce the w in Howard as much as say the English, Scottish orWelsh. You simply have to listen carefully to hear the W in the pronounciation of Howard !

I have listened carefully, about a million times! It just sounds like hard to me, and everyone else in my work. It's all in good fun though, she takes the **** out of our accents too.

Haha ! It's OK, I can take a joke. My dad has a friend called Howard, and I asked him to repeat his name last night, I see what you mean ! I guess I never really realised it !

From shows I've seen in the UK, I'm not keen on North UK accents, like the really strong Manchester. I heard soccer fans in Manchester and it’s like they say 'Manchesto or footbollo's in stead of footballer's'!?

I like the Oz accent and really like NZ accent. America is ok, not keen on the Kansas accent though. Chinese accent sounds pretty funny if you listen carefully.

I think its crazy that the UK has such a wide variety of accents only 10 mins apart in a car from one location to the next. And its such a small country compared to Oz where we all sound the same.

How does the New Zealand accent differ from the Australian accent ? Another thing I have noticed is that the Australian accent does not seem to change much no matter where in Aus the person is from, whereas in the UK and Ireland, accents vary quite a lot from region to region.

How does the New Zealand accent differ from the Australian accent ? Another thing I have noticed is that the Australian accent does not seem to change much no matter where in Aus the person is from, whereas in the UK and Ireland, accents vary quite a lot from region to region.

I've noticed that too, Claire. Although SA seems to have a bit of a 'kiwi' sounding accent (in my humble opinion). Pia Corelli in H&A sounded like this. I guess there is a difference in the country areas - words seem to be spoken more slowly and drawn-out.

We need an Aussie input on this!

Archived