A Girl Like Me

Guest loobieloo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres the next chapter

Sorry if it has any mistakes in it, my proofy hasn't ben on MSN today so she couldnt check it :(

Anyway hope you enjoy it x

Chapter 10

“What? Why wouldn’t she? What are you trying to say Martha?”

“Nothing, it doesn’t matter” I didn’t know weather I should tell him or not.

“Martha, if there’s something you know that I don’t you have to tell me”

“I cant I promised”

“Martha, it goes no further than here if you tell me”

“Do you promise?”

“I promise”.

I took a deep breath before explaining everything to him. I told him all I knew about Paul and about what he had done, I was just about to tell him how Mattie’s “fall” wasn’t an accident but I was interrupted by a terrible cry from the rocks.

We both turned around to see one of the rescue men carrying Mattie out of the water. Her body was limp, her arms hanging lifelessly.

As I ran over I didn’t cry, I didn’t scream or shout, I didn’t let any emotion out. I just stood there shaking, feeling so cold and tiered. I didn’t know what to do with myself.

I turned around and held Jack close to me. I wanted to feel him fully, to share his warmth, to receive his comfort. I was still shaking, I couldn’t stop myself.

“Its ok now Martha” Jack reassured me “She’s alive, she’s ok. Don’t be so scared”. He rocked me back and forth.

“I know” I whispered “ it just scares me so much to think that I could cause something like this, I hate myself so much”.

It was then that he cupped my chin in his hands. He moved my face till our eyes connected.

“Now you listen to me” he spoke without breaking the connection, not for a second, we stared deep into each others souls “you did not cause this, you didn’t ask for any of this to happen, you didn’t want it. The only person to blame in all of this is Paul, always remember that ok?”

“Ok”

The sound of the sirens made me jump. I watched the ambulance drive away into the distance. It was at that point that I knew what I had to do. It was so obvious to me now that I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of it sooner. I knew how to help Mattie, I let out a sigh of relief, I finally knew.

Matties POV

I feel calm, relieved, silent. Am I dead? This certainly didn’t feel like life, not my life. I felt so happy, then the pain hit me. My body began to ache so much. I had never felt so much pain in my whole life, it felt as if every bone in my body was broken and a thousand knives were piercing my skin. I wanted it to stop. I opened my eyes quickly but I didn’t recognise my surroundings, I looked around to see mum sobbing uncontrollably and a man sitting next to her comforting her. I tried to take the oxygen mask off my face but my arm wouldn’t move. I screamed out in pain.

“Mattie, don’t worry, it’s ok now sweet, I’m here with you” mum was trying to be strong for me but her tear stained eyes gave it all away.

“Mum what’s going on?” I asked but my words were so slurred she didn’t understand me. I tried again and again but it was the same.

What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I move? Why can’t I speak?

Please read and review x x :D

That was really really good!! Well done. poor mattie i hope she is ok. Only thing i dnt get is where is Lucas when all this is happening did i miss something because i thought they were together. It was really good anyway. Cant wait for next chapter don't take too long cnt wait LOL :P

That was really really good!! Well done. poor mattie i hope she is ok. Only thing i dnt get is where is Lucas when all this is happening did i miss something because i thought they were together. It was really good anyway. Cant wait for next chapter don't take too long cnt wait LOL :P

Well Lucas or Tony are there and i decided that they went straight to the hospital so they will meet Beth and Mattie when they get there, it will all be explained in the next chapter lol. It might be a while if Sian isnt on MSN today 'cause I can't do it without her :lol:

Edit: sorry xsamie i didnt see your post there. Well shes kinda just fell off a cliff lol :P nah we will find out next chapter so stay tuned :D

Archived