A Girl Like Me

Guest loobieloo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres the next chapter

Chapter 11

Matties POV again

It all seemed so strange. Like I wasn’t there almost. It was as if I was watching what was going on from a distance. I liked it this way, this way I could watch what was going on with me without having to live through it.

I laughed to myself. Just wait till I tell Lucas about this. He will never believe me.

Thinking of Lucas, where was he? Was he here by my side? Was he worrying about me, maybe even crying for me. I hoped he wasn’t, I wanted to avoid this, I didn’t like it when people were upset. That’s why it should have ended on the rocks, when I blacked out, I should have never woken up.

Martha POV

I ran into the hospital and asked the nurse where Mattie was but she wouldn’t tell me. I ran down the corridor but still couldn’t see her.

“Martha” Jack called out “She’s over here” he pointed to the large double doors at the other end of the corridor.

As I stepped into the room, I saw her, her small, fragile body looked so beaten and lifeless. How could she do this to herself? Why would she do this? Didn’t she know it was letting him know he had won? I wanted to talk to her now, to tell her how much we all loved her, to make her know that everything was ok, so that she knew I would never let him touch her ever again. I had so much to say but my mouth wouldn’t let the words out. My body was frozen, watching the doctors try to assess her injuries.

I looked round the room and saw Lucas sitting in the chair opposite the bed. I hadn’t noticed him before, he was sitting so quietly, the trickle of tears running down his cheeks. He looked so worried, I would say I know how he felt, but I don’t, I can’t pretend to. I can’t even begin to imagine how I would feel if something like this happened to Jack.

Then I heard it, the long and unstoppable beep, I saw the flat line on the heart monitor.

“No” I cried, my words finally escaped my mouth “You have to hep her, you cant let her go, I have to talk to her, I have to tell her everything will be ok, I have to tell her how much I love her, she thinks I hate her. Please!” I was shouting loudly by now “I have to make her see that its all going to be ok, Please”

10 minutes later

Lucas was still there, in that chair, still crying, with the same expression of hurt and sadness that seemed to be stuck on his face. He hadn’t spoke since we got her, he just sat there.

I was still shaking, I must have been since we were at the beach but I hadn’t noticed I was still so cold until Jack asked the nurse for a blanket for me.

“I really am ok you know” I told him

“Yeah but your cold, your shivering”

“I don’t feel to cold anymore”

“Here you go” the nurse said as she wrapped the blanket around my shoulders. “You really don’t look well at all, are you sure you’re ok?”

“Yeah sure”

Nothing really happened in that chapter but more goes on in the next x :)

Archived