A Girl Like Me

Guest loobieloo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres chapter 4- Dedicated to my little billy (Sian) for being a fab proof reader!!!

Chapter 4

As I walked into the kitchen for breakfast mum told me that Martha was coming over later to see me and catch up because we hadn’t spent any time together for ages. Usually I would have been happy about this but I was dreading it. Martha always had a really bad habit of finding out if something was wrong with someone. I didn’t want her to know what had happened because even though I love her as a sister and trust her completely I couldn’t help but feel like she would judge me about it.

I went back to my bedroom with my slice of toast. I had half an hour till Martha was coming over and I wanted to find something that would cover the bruises Paul had given me, they were all over me and I knew that it would be a hard job finding something to wear. It was the worst timing ever as well as it was such a hot day.

Flicking through all of the clothes in my wardrobe, I felt so angry that nothing would be right. I sat on my bed in my underwear for a while totally forgetting that Martha would be here soon. As she knocked on my bedroom door I got a fright and jumped up, she walked in on me in my underwear! She didn’t think much of it really as usually we wouldn’t mind getting changed in front of each other but I dived for cover under my quilt.

“hey Mattie”, she realised what I had just done, “what’s up?”

“Erm.. nothing I….” I didn’t know what to say, I couldn’t possibly let Martha see the bruises, she would hate me for sure, “I……I’m just feeling a bit cold”

“Cold”, Martha laughed, “How could you feel cold in this weather?

“I think I might be coming down with something actually” I prayed Martha would loose interest in this soon as I hated lying to her.

She walked over to my bed and sat next to me. “I know something’s up Mattie, I know you too well, I can always tell when something’s bothering you, what is it?” I don’t know what made me do it, I felt as if someone was moving my arms for me, lifting the quilt off me, uncovering the secret that had ruined my life.

I watched her eyes, looking up and down my beaten body. “But Mattie how did this happen?” she gasped “It wasn’t Lucas was it?”

“No of course not, he would never do anything to hurt me. It was…….” I was about to say Paul’s name when mum came in.

“Hi girls, guess who just arrived? He was passing so he thought he would come and stay for a few nights!”

I watched in horror as Paul’s face poked round the door.

Yesterday I thought my life could not get any worse but as I saw his face again, the menacing looks he gave me, I realised that it could get a lot worse.

Marthas POV

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Mattie’s bruises, they were all over her. She didn’t get to tell me how she got them and I am worried about her. One thing I do know though is that I don’t like the look that Paul gives her, or the fear and humiliation in her eyes when she looks at him. Something wasn’t right and I know that I owe it to Mattie to find out what.

Please read and review x :) Hope you like it x

BEAUTIFUL! Completely beautiful.

Your an amazing write and should continue and update like now!! :P

Poor Matilda, hopefully Martha will help her now and at least she has someone she can tell.

Paul can :angry: go away! should be locked up for life, throw away the key.

Many thanks Bob!

Billy x

Dedicated to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived