A Girl Like Me

Guest loobieloo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres the next chapter, hope you all like it x

This chapter is dedicated to my supersisters: superbec and supersian for being so fab x :D Luv yas x

Chapter 7

As we walked through the front door we could sell the food cooking. No matter how much I hated Paul I had to admit that his food smelt delicious.

Mum walked over to us, “ Hi Martha love, are you staying for dinner?”

“Yeah, I asked her to before.” I paused “I knew you would be okay with it” I had to say it before mum had the chance to disagree.

“Well….um”. mum was wavering,

“If you’d rather me not I really don’t mind” Martha felt awkward I could easily tell.

“Um…. No of course you can stay”. Yes! I knew mum hated saying no to anyone. “I’ll just have to go and make sure there’s enough to go around that’s all, sit down” she showed us to the sofa before hurrying back into the kitchen.

“Mattie I really can go home you know, I don’t mind”, I could tell Martha still felt guilty.

“Well I do mind Martha. And mum’s said yes now so you have to.”

I watched Paul serve the dinner. It was tomato pasta and it looked great. Paul’s presence made me feel uneasy still but I blocked him out. I wasn’t going to let him ruin my evening.

“Oops Mattie, we forgot the napkins again”, Mum laughed to me.

“Ill get them”, Martha offered, “It’s the least I can do”

“Ok love, they’re in the bottom cabinet next to the tea towels” Mum pointed out helpfully.

“I’ll get the drinks then” I wanted to help too but mum insisted that she should as well.

“Seeing as you’re all pitching in” she said as she left Paul alone at the table.

Marthas POV

I walked back to the dining room with the napkins but stopped silently as I saw Paul. What was he doing? I watched on as he sprinkled a fine white powder over the top of Matties pasta. As I walked in towards him he jumped round.

“Oh you scared me then Martha” he laughed

“Sorry” I laughed too keeping up the act “What are you doing?” I tried to sound curious but it came out more suspicious.

“Oh nothing” he wiped his hands down his jeans and sat back down.

I sat down too. Staring at Mattie’s plate of pasta, I had to tell her, but how? I had no proof. Then it came to me. I knew I had to do this, for Mattie. I picked up her plate and swapped it with mine.

“What are you doing? That was Mattie’s dinner” Paul sounded angry but he didn’t scare me. I hated having to act like everything was ok but i had no other choice.

“Oh yeah, shhh don’t tell her I switched” I laughed falsely “I had more than her and to be honest I’m not too hungry”.

I felt so pleased with myself, there was nothing he could say to that. I smiled smugly.

:D

The next chapter wont be up till tomorrow sorry guys i was going to update now but i dont feel well, i have a headache so if i write it now it will probly end up bein crap! i thought ud rather wait n have a better chapter :)

An sian, get ur butt on msn pleeeaseeee :D

Ok heres the next chapter which i wasnt going to do but i was bored

its a bit different to the other chapters because there is actually more of Martha's thoughts that Matties but it was essential to the story :D hope you like :)

Chapter 8

Gone back to Mattie’s POV again

Me and mum took a while getting the drinks because she had to have them perfect. She really wanted to impress Paul but I didn’t see how someone could be impressed by a glass of orange and lemonade.

We walked back into the dining room with the drinks and I noticed how smug Martha was looking. What had happened when we weren’t there? She hadn’t told him she knew had she?

“You ok?” I asked her, wanting to know what was going on

“Yeah great” came her simple reply.

As we all tucked into our pasta I noticed that Martha only picked round the edge of hers.

“Oh do you not like my pasta Martha?” Paul asked “Its such a shame” I really didn’t like the tone of his voice as he spoke to her. What had happened between them? I was desperate to find out.

Marthas POV

Did I just hear him right? Did he really just say that to me? I cant believe how angry he made me feel.

“its lovely I’m just not feeling too good” I lied smiling at him “ You’ll have to give me the recipie”, I didn’t want him to get suspicious.

“Yeah sure, I can come over one time and show you if you’d like, we can spend some time alone as well”.

“Oh no that’s ok, I’ll settle just for the recipie, I’m sure my husband Jack can show me how to do it.” I gave him a big false smile, “He’s a great cook”.

I could hear Mattie giggling next to me and I felt so pleased with myself.

This was the most boring night of my life, all Paul talked about was him, him and more him. He loved himself so much and it was obvious he thought he was gods gift to women. Hah I thought, who was he kidding.

I actually spent nearly all the time thinking about Mattie. I want to let him know that I know what he’s done but discreetly. It’s all so complicated, I want him to know that I know but I want to tell him in such a way that he doesn’t realise I’ve actually told him. Hmmm this was really going to be hard, I was even starting to confuse myself.

Paul went into the kitchen with the plates and Beth sent Mattie to do the washing up with him. I knew it was a bad idea as soon as she said it.

“I’ll help too Beth” I suggested but she wouldn’t let me.

“No Martha, its ok I’m sure Mattie can do it on her own, she does it all the time anyway, sit back down, we can have a chat”

“Ok”

I watched Mattie walk out slowly and fearfully. I knew she didn’t want to be alone with Paul but what could I do?

“So Martha, what have you been up to lately?” Beth asked me

“Erm.. nothing really you?” I wasn’t interested in talking to her. I wanted to make sure Mattie was ok.

“Well funny you should ask that, its all been a bit hectic lately……” I stopped listening to Beth and listened for any noises in the kitchen. When it went silent I knew something was wrong.

“Sorry Beth just excuse me, Mattie forgot to take my glass to wash” I said as I hurried to the kitchen.

Then I saw it. He was pushing her against the cabinet, rubbing one of his hands up and down her body, the other hand over her mouth so no one could hear her cries. I gasped, then picked up the first thing that came to hand, my plate full of pasta, I threw it at him. It caught him on the back of the head and as he turned around he fell to the floor.

Edit: ok that was a really rubbish chapter, i should have waited til my headache had gone

Archived