A Girl Like Me

Guest loobieloo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok heres Chapter 3 I don't really like this chapter it doesn't seem to flow as well :(

Chapter 3 -- very short chapter but the next chapter should be longer.

No matter how long I lay in bed for, I couldn’t sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Paul again and I couldn’t bare it. I looked over at my clock which read 3:45AM, I didn’t understand how I could feel so tired yet not be able to sleep. I decided to go and get a drink of water. I stood there for a while and even managed to get thoughts of Paul out of my head until Lucas came and joined me. “Mattie what’s up? Where did you go today?”

“nowhere” All the thoughts of Paul that I had fought so hard to get rid of came flooding back to me. I felt really angry at Lucas for it even though he had no idea of what was going on. “It can’t have been nowhere, it must have been somewhere”.

“It was nowhere I said and if you don’t believe me then why did you bother asking?” I snapped at him even though I new I shouldn’t and stormed out of the kitchen and into my bedroom.

My head was spinning when I sat down on my bed. I never knew that one person could feel so many different emotions at the same time, it was too confusing. I didn’t know whether I felt more upset or angry or why I felt guilty for being angry and upset. There was a knock on my door and I knew who it was. “Luke please go away I’m not in the mood”

“I’m coming in weather you like it or not, the knocking was just to warn you” he replied as he walked into my bedroom and sat on my bed next to me. As he placed his arms around my shoulders and held me close I could feel his love and his warmth flow over me.

When I finally pulled away from his embrace I could see the hurt in his face. “Sorry I—“

“Its ok Mattie, I’m just worried about you, I love you, please don’t shut me out”

“I’m not shutting you out I’m just confused”

“About what?”

“Nothing, it doesn’t matter, forget I said anything”

“But Mattie I know something’s up why wont you tell me?”

“Please just leave it. I’m really tired, can’t we talk about it in the morning?”

“Ok, but I am here for you if you ever need me, you know that don’t you?”

“Yeah, ‘course” I managed a small fake smile at Lucas to make him think I was ok.

As he walked out of my bedroom I was left wondering why I had sent him away. I wanted him back here, I wanted to tell him, I really did but I knew that he couldn’t help me even if I did tell him. All that would come out of it would be him asking lots of questions and me having to go over it again and again and I couldn’t handle that.

I watched the sun rise and listened to the birds’ merry songs of a new morning. I always remember when I was little, my dad used to tell me that at night all the sadness and fear of the world was erased and when a new morning dawned all it brought was happiness and sunshine. I only wished I was still naive enough to believe in that now.

Please read and review x Sorry its not very good x :(

Great work loobie! Another lovely fic from you. Okay, well 'lovely' isn't the word. Lovely is the writing, but the story is more...emotional! Which is good! :D

Who cares what everyone else thinks, just write for me all us who are reading. And like you said, if it helps you feel better, write! :D

Archived