Together Forever

Guest Jack and Martha 4eva

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 13

Jack and Martha decided to take an asleep Harry and Jodi for a walk along the beach as they were going to Beth's and she was quite busy today so they probable wouldn't be able to go outside again. Beth still wanted to look after them even though they could have come to Noah's with Martha for her shift. At the moment they were going through the clingy stage. They hated it when Martha and Jack were out of the room at the same time. You could see their bottom lips starting to quiver. They were a bit better with Beth because they saw her so often and were left alone with her all the time, but they had got alot worse lately. They would be eight months old soon. They had grown up so fast. For a nice change both of them had a smile on their faces before Martha left them with Beth, but she knew only too well that it wouldn't last for long. Luckily for her she was doing a joint shift with Alf so she could possibly leave for five minutes if need be. As it happens she was needed as Jodi had got herself in a right state and Beth thought that it was best that Martha come down. As soon as Martha got there, Jodi put her arms out, that was her sign to mummy to pick me up. Of course Martha did this and Jodi was immeadiately comforted. In fact she went to sleep and Martha left to go back to the bar. Jack was on a break and decided to go and see Martha to ask if she'd have to go and see Harry and Jodi.

"Hi babe" he said

"Hey" she replied

"Did you have to go and see them?" he asked

"Yer, Jodi got herself into a right state. We really need to sort it out because it's no use them being really clingy with both of us working."

"Maybe I should file for some extra time off, just so they know that we are there, because I have been working alot recently" Jack said whilst following Martha who was collecting glasses. The phone went again.

"Hi Martha" it was Beth, "Sorry to bother you again but could you come over here it's just now Harry's woken up and he's started crying and you know"

"Yer of course, Jack's with me so we'll both come over. See you in a minute" She put the phone down.

"Come on we've got to go over to Beth's" said Martha taking Jack's hand.

"Let me guess, went to sleep woke up and started crying, can't stop them" Jack said

"Got it in one" Martha said walking out the door.

They soon got to Beth's and once again Jodi and Harry out their arms out wanting to be picked up. Jodi nestled her head in to Martha's neck. Harry sat their on his dad's lap resting his head on his shoulder.

"Thanks for coming Martha, they're not usually this bad"

"Its okay, I needed a break anyway" said Martha, Jodi was already asleep. "Actually my shifts nearly over so I'll just call Grandad to tell him that I'm finishing now. She picked up the phone and dialed the number. There was no answer, that was odd. Alf always answered the phone. Beth thought it was odd aswell. He wouldn't have shut the bar either especially as the afternoon rush was just about to begin. They decided to let it go because Alf knew where Martha was if he needed her. Alf needed her then. He had collapsed on the floor. All he could make out was a man taking savings from the till. Martha decided to see him later. Could that decision cost Alf his life?

Preview

Will Alf die?

I know it's short but I did it quickly as I was about to go out. R&R

Here's the next chapter for you. Thanks for all the comments.

Chapter 14

Alf lay there on the floor, still breathing but only just. He had been the victim of an armed robbery. There had been alot of robberies going round Summer Bay. The Diner was one of the few places not to be targeted. There was no-one around as he was about to close up. He couldn't reach the phone. His only hope was someone finding him. He began to question his survival.

Jodi and Harry were much happier now that they were in their parents company and were all smiles. Both Jack and Martha were hoping that the clingy phase would be over soon. Martha decided to give Alf another call first trying the flat above the diner and then Noah's. There was still no answer. Just at that moment Morag walked in looking for Martha.

"Hello Martha"

"Oh, hey aunty Morag"

"Listen Martha, have you seen your grandfather?"

"Well actually I was about to ask you the same thing."

"So I'll take that as a no?" Morag asked

"No, he's probably just gone fishing, I tried ringing him twice but there was no answer"

"Yes, you're probably right, well I better be off, things to do, people to meet, you know"

"Okay, well I'll see you later aunty Morag" said Martha

"O, and Martha, if you see your grandfather tell him I'm looking for him" Morag said before leaving.

"Will do" Martha said, but she was too late as Morag had already gone. Jack having heard all of this and being a policeman thought that it was a bit strange that nobody had seen him as he was always about. Martha thought about this for ten seconds, before asking Jack if he was ready to go home.

"Sure babe, let's go" he said before carrying Jodi out the door to the car to put her in her carrier. Martha soon followed and asked Jack if they could stop off at Noah's on the way back. He agreed, but he stayed in the car whilst Martha went inside.

As Martha walked inside she was shocked to see the door unlocked so walked in asking if anyone was there. She frooze when she saw Alf. She didn't know what to do, so she ran out to Jack before calling an ambulance.

"I'll take the twins home and you go with Alf in the ambulance." Jack said trying to calm his distressed wife down. "I'll give Beth a ring and come down to the hospital as soon as I can, look the ambulance is here, so I'll see you later" he added before giving her a peck on the cheek and driving off. Harry was asleep, but Jodi seeing her mum in such a state started to snivel. Maybe the clingy phase wasn't over yet.

The paramedics had been very cautious as they could only feel a slight pulse. Martha went with him in the ambulance, but was told that she couldn't go with Alf and had to wait in the waiting area at the hospital. Rachel was on duty and whisked Alf away really quickly. Half an hour went by and still no-one came to tell Martha and now Jack who had arrived that Alf was okay. One of the nurses went to phone Morag and she arrived and hour later. They waited another fourty-five minutes before anyone came to speak to them.

"Erm...Could I speak to Martha alone please" said Rachel

"Whatever you have to say to me you can say to them" said Martha

"Okay, I don't know how to tell you this, but Alf passed away in surgery."

"No, no it can't be possible." Martha said about to break down in tears at any moment.

"I'm afraid so, but I'll just leave you guys to it" added Rachel before going to see another patient. Jack just held Martha in an embrace, all he could do was help her get through this difficult time. He would file for some time off to help Martha at home. No matter how much he loved hid job, he loved Martha more, and Martha needed him.

Preview

How will Martha cope?

Will she take drastic action to make sure she can be with Alf?

R&R

Aww noo Poor Martha! its so cute how the children are going through a clingy stage.

I hope Martha doesnt do anything silly like thinking about taking her life :(

Great chapter can't wait for more x

----R.I.P Alf Stweert 2006! :(----

Archived