Together Forever

Guest Jack and Martha 4eva

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the next bit. Enjoy.

Chapter 9

There was now only a week until Christmas, Martha had been discharged and herself and Jack had been told that the babies were doing well, and that they might possibly be able to bring them home for Christmas. Martha and Jack were over joyed but were also told not to get their hopes up. Today they were going in to see them and they had been told that they could hold them for the first time. They had decided to call them Harry and Jodi. Jack picked the girls name and Martha picked the boys.

They soon arrived at the hospital and went straight to the special care baby unit. Harry and Jodi were in a crib together. The nurse came in.

"Hello you two, I've got some good news."

"Really?" Jack asked inquisitively

"Yes, the doctor came in this morning and examined them, he said that you can take them home today." She said eager to see the look on their faces.

"Oh my god, that's fantastic" Martha said.

"I'll have to go home and get the car seats, but you can stay here" Jack said. They had just bought a new car as they had enough money from a will that Martha's adoptive parents had left, which now meant that it didn't matter how much they spent on their precious children. Jack was back in an hour and was eager to get there to see his family.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked Martha as she handed Jodi to him.

"Yes, sure let's get our family home" she said picking up Harry. It was the first time Jack had held his daughter and it was the most incredible feeling he had ever had. He felt like his family was now complete.

After they had gotten home they just sat there on the sofa, cuddled up, staring at their babies.

"I love you" Jack said eventually after breaking the silence.

"I love you to" Martha replied.

"I'm going to put Jodi upstairs because she's already fallen asleep in my arms once and I need to do a few things" Jack said detatching himself from Martha before heading upstairs. Martha decided that she should do the same and soon followed Jack up the stairs.

"I should go and phone Dad and Beth" Jack said

"I should tell Alf to" added Martha "We should invite them all round this evening for a barbeque so that we don't have people coming and going all afternoon and waking them up"

"That's a great idea, I'll go out and get some food" said Jack not able to take his eyes off Jodi and Harry.

"I'll see you later" Martha said before kissing him goodbye "Love you" she added

"Love you to" he said before walking out the door.

The barbeque was in full swing and the twins had practically been handed round everyone and were now asleep in their parents arms.

"Well love, I'm really happy for you" said Alf

"Thanks grandad" said Martha giving him a hug whilst trying not to wake up Jodi. "I'm going to go and find Jack" she said before heading off.

"I'm going to put them in their cots" Jack said

"Yer, I think that's a good idea" Martha said giving Jack a kiss before taking the twins upstairs.

"So happy to see that at least one couple can be happy" said Colleen, of course Colleen being the eyes and ears of the bay had manged to find out and invited herself to the barbeque, but Jack and Martha were just happy to have their friends and family around them.

I felt in the creative mood so I thought I could update, anyway, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 10

It was Christmas day and Jack and Martha sat there admiring Jodi and Harry. To them it was the best christmas present they could have hoped for. Nothing could compare to the feeling that they felt on this very special christmas. They had promised Beth that they would go over there to say hello to Jack's family, but Martha and Jack also knew that Beth and Mattie wanted to see Jodi and Harry. When they realised it was nine o'clock they knew that they had to get ready soon so now was the best time to give each other presents. Martha had bought Jack a beautiful watch that she had seen Jack looking at in Yabbie Creek whilst Jack had decided to buy Martha a beautiful diamond necklace and earing set that he had also seen Martha looking at. They had been given loads of clothes for the twins and as a joint present they had bought a new plasma TV.

They soon headed over to Beth's and were almost ignored by Lucas and Mattie as they were so engrosed in their new christmas presents and each other. They stayed there for about three hours before they went to see Alf and Ric at the caravan park. Christmas soon passed and the bay returned to normal.

3 MONTHS LATER

The months flew by and Harry and Jodi had grown quite a bit. Everybody commented on how a like Jodi and Martha were and how a like Harry and Jack were. They had setled down into domestic bliss. Every morning they would take the twins out for a walk along the beach and then they would head back to feed and change them before Jack would head off to work and Martha would either go to the Noah's for her shift whilst the twins were at Beth and Tony's or she would be at the diner or Tasha's with Konnie. After Jack had finished work he would have dinner with Martha and then they would cuddle up in front of the TV with Harry and Jodi in their arms. Life couldn't get any better.

One night they were all round at Beth and Tony's when Lucas and Mattie made an announcement.

"We're engaged" they said together. Everyone was quite suprised as they were still quite young, but they still congratulated them and were pleased to see another couple as in love as Jack and Martha. Just then they heard the twins crying on the baby monitor.

"I'll go" said Martha before heading into Beth and Tony's room to find that Jodi had woken up Harry. "Jack could you come and give me a hand" she yelled out to him

"Okay, just coming" he yelled back. They brought Harry and Jodi out and it wasn't long before they were both asleep in their parents arms. It was midnight before they woke up again and by that time all of the remaining guest were heavily drunk.

"Well we better be off" Jack said still holding Harry.

"We'll see you tomorrow" said a rather tipsy Beth.

"Bye" Martha said as she headed out the door.

That night the twins slept right through and both Jack and Martha hoped that this would soon become a regular thing. Jack and Martha were really perky as it was the most amount of sleep they'd had in a long while. They strolled down the beach hand in hand and decided to end up in the diner for breakfast, hoping that for once they could treat themselves to a nice quiet breakfast whilst Colleen and Irene admired their beautiful children. Sally Cassie were looking after Harry and Jodi today to give Jack the chance to take Martha on a romantic picnic. It was their one year wedding anniversary and Jack wanted to make it special. Martha hadn't forgotten either and had put together something she hoped Jack would treasure forever.

Preview

What is Martha's present?

Why does Sally call to tell them about an emergency?

R&R

Archived