Together Forever

Guest Jack and Martha 4eva

Argh! Nooooo , Martha wake up!!! Why can't anyone let Martha and Jack be happy? :P Ok I suppoe no one would read it then would they! :P Great chapters update soon please I hate cliffhangers! :P

Ok there were wayyyyy to many lil :P << in there!!

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the next bit, it start's off with that little teaser I did.

Chapter 8

As the ambulance arrived, two paramedics came rushing in.

"What's her name?" one of them asked

"Martha, Martha Mackenzie" Jack replied.

"Martha, Martha can you hear me, if you can here me squeeze my hand" one of them said. Nothing happened. "There's a slight pulse but we have to get her to hospital" he said to his colleague.

Martha had been rushed into hospital and all of the Hunters and Holdens were there along with a few other residents. They were all sitting there in silence when Rachel came out.

"I'm so sorry" she said, "Martha's had to go for an emergency c-section."

"But will she be alright and what about the babies?" Jack asked almost about to cry.

"Well Martha will be alright, but as the babies will be born premature we don't know if they will survive." Rachel said trying to sound positive but in Jack's eyes failing.

"When can I see her?" Jack asked

"Well she should be out of theatre in about twenty minutes so you can go straight in when she comes out"

"Okay, thanks." Jack said.

Those twenty minutes seemed to last a lifetime. Everyone just sat there in silence. Eventually the nurse cam to tell Jack that he could sese Martha now.

"Okay you can see her now" she said

"Thanks" Jack said, "I'd appreciate it if i could have some time alone with Martha" he said trying to tell them not to come in. They all just nodded their heads in acknowlegdement. As Jack entered Martha was asleep, but she soon woke up and asked Jack how her children were.

"I'm not sure" Jack said in reply to her question, "How are you feeling" he asked

"Okay, much better now that you're here" she said letting out a small smile. Jack and Martha just sat there for the next five minutes Martha holding onto Jack and resting her head in his chest.

"Would you like to see everyone else?" Jack asked eventually breaking the silence.

"Okay, but only for five minutes, would you go and ask if I can see our children" she said.

"Of course I'll send them in on the way" Jack said before having to leave the room.

After everyone had left, the nurse had said that they could go down to the special baby unit for half an hour. Martha and Jack were both shocked at how small some of the other babies were. Their children in comparison were quite a bit bigger and had a much stronger chance of surviving. Martha had only just found out that they had had a son and a daughter before breaking down in tears. Jack just comforted her. The next few days were going to be critical if Jack and Martha ever wanted the chance of bringing their babies home before Christmas. Jack stayed at the hospital all night and eventually went home in the morning when Alf came. Martha was still upset but their babies had survived the first night, surely this was a good sign?

Preview

Will Martha get to bring the babies home before Christmas?

How is Jack secretly coping?

Enjoy.

Archived