Together Forever

Guest Jack and Martha 4eva

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 18

The tune started up as the bridesmaids walked down the ailse. They were soon followed by Mattie who looked stunning. Martha had manged to keep the dress a secret from Jack for quite a while, until Jack said he'd lost something and found it. Martha confesed to him and said that he couldn't tell Lucas anything. The ceremony was beautiful.

MARTHA'S P.O.V.

Matilda looked gorgeous as always and I really do think they make the perfect couple. I can't believe that nearly two years ago Jack and I were doing exactly the same thing. Ours though was interupted by the stalker but we managed to get through it together.

As Mattie walked up the aisle you could see the grin on Lucas' face. He was so happy to be marrying his first and only love. Their vows were beautiful and I'm pretty sure that they were oblivious to the fact that anybody else was there watching them. Jack looked handsome, but that was more of a natural thing. The ceremony went really quickly and before I knew it, it was time for the reception. I had been paired with Jack, which suited me fine.

After all the speeches it was time for partying. It wasn't very often that I got to let my hair down as I was usually burdened with two screaming babies. They would be one year old in a weeks time. We weren't going to do anything special apart from go to the beach with Robbie and Tasha. They loved the beach, they obviously took after me and Jack. Just as the first dance had finished and everybody was about to join in. Tasha collapsed on the floor in agony.

We didn't know what was wrong with her until she go to the hospital and Rachel said that she was pregnant and had just had a miscarriage. After that there seemed to be a rather low atmosphere around the place. Most people had now gone home and Mattie and Lucas were heading off for their honeymoon so that just left me and Jack to deal with the distraught couple.

After this blip in their relationship Robbie and Tasha decided that they wanted to have another child and that they would do anything they could to put their marriage back on track. We all hoped that they'd have a happy ending.

One week later it was the twins birthday. The beach was one of their favourite places to be so that was what they were going to do for the day. It was beautiful and hot. A perfect oputunity for Martha to top up her tan. Robbie and Tasha had seemed to get their relationship back on track and that's when Tasha told them the knews that she was pregnant. Martha and Jack were both over the moon. As always Jodi and Harry were crawling off somewhere and proving a right lot of fun. Martha and Jack couldn't even sit down without one of them crawling off again.

"Tash, whatever you do, just make sure you never have more than one baby at a time" Martha said carrying Jodi back.

"I'll take note Mac, but it's not as if we have any control over it" Tasha said giggling under her breath at Jodi's attempted escape. "Why don't we go for a swim? I'm sure the twins would love that." Tash added.

"Great idea" Said Jack taking Jodi from Martha so that Martha could take off her clothes to reveal a bikini. Once she had done that they all headed down into the water. The time flew past, when they came out to dry off Martha invited them all back to their house for some dinner. Tash and Rob said that would be fine.

By the time they were home the twins were already asleep so Jack went and put them straight to bed. Konnie was also tired but just sat on Rob's lap and went to sleep in his arms. As Martha and Jack snuggled up to each other, the conversation soon changed from what a perfect couple Mattie and Lucas were to sleepless nights and dirty nappies.

"I'd like to have more kids one day, but not just at the moment as those two are enough to handle" Martha said. "You just wait and see Tash."

"Yer Martha's right, it does take alot more out of you when there's two of them" Jack added

"Well, there's only one way to find out." Robbie said.

"We better be getting going actually, it's getting quite late and Konie's really tired. She'll be grumpy tomorrow otherwise." Tash said.

"Ok, well we'll probably see you tomorrow" Martha said waving goodbye to their friends.

Martha and Jack both instantly regretted drinking so much last night when they woke to hear screaming babies. They were both really hungover. Harry and Jodi were acutally still quite tired as they had woken twice in the night. Martha picked both of them up and put them in bed with her and Jack. The whole family needed to catch up on some sleep. It was ten o'clock before they woke up again. The twins were hungry. Martha went and got some baby food from the cupboard. Jack placed Jodi in a high-chair and went to get her some food aswell. The twins were in a bad mood today, probably because they had woken up in the night. The only thing that would keep them quiet is if they sat on their parents laps. Like Jack and Martha said it was quite hard work looking after two babies.

THREE MONTHS LATER

For the past week Martha had just kept thinking to herself it was hard enough looking after two babies. How the heck was she going to break the news to Jack that she was pregnant again? He was due home from work soon. She had to get it off her chest. The twins had settled down alot and were currently having a nap upstairs. Martha wasn't sure how Jack was going to react.

When Jack arrived home Martha greeted him with a kiss like she always did. She then sat im down on the sofa.

"Jack, I know a couple of months ago we talked to Robbie and Tasha about how we didn't want to have kids again for a while" Martha said

"Yes" Jack replied.

"Well, I'm pregnant again."

It had taken a while for the news to sink in but Jack right from the start was really pleased to be coming a dad again. Martha was so relieved at his reaction. She said she had known for a week and that she was going to phone Rachel to bool them in for an ultrasound.

"Martha, you know I'm always going to be happy when we have children together" Jack said

"I know"

"And now that the twins have settled down a bit and have got into a good routine, there seems no better time than to have another baby right now. As long as it's not twins" he said jokingly. A smile was plastered across Martha's face for the rest of the day. Jack loved seeing Martha this happy. He then told her that he had had a big talk with his boss today.

"Well MacGrath said that there's a good chance of me getting promoted. Now that Peter's gone back to the city, his job's u pfor grabs."

"That's fantastic Jack, you really deserve it" Martha replied

"It also means if I get it, I can spend more time with you because the hours can be quite flexible"

"Even better" Martha said before giving him a passionate kiss. "This is your reward for being such a good daddy, a great husband and a great policeman." She added before leading him upstairs.

Enjoy. R&R

Here's the next chapter for you all. Enjoy!!

Chapter 19

THREE YEARS LATER

Jack and Martha were so proud of their little family. They now had three beautiful children and Martha was expecting a fourth. Jodi and Harry were both four and now in school. Charlie their other son was nearly two. He looked just like Harry was at his age. Tasha and Robbie had two children still. There was something not right with them at the moment and everybody could see it. As Robbie had been away alot working, Tasha and him had drifted apart. They were definitely on the rocks. Martha and Jack were still going strong, Jack had got the promotion and now worked four days a week. Martha was due in about two months. All Jack wanted her to do was relax, but how could she if she had three children to look after? Jack had decided a long time ago to book a holiday for them. But then Martha became pregnant again and it wasn't possible. He then decided that he would whisk them all away after Martha had had the baby. Hopefully this would give Martha some time to herself as she did so much with the kids. Jack had manged to get Lucas and Mattie to come along to so that they could help out with the kids. Lucas and Matilda had finished their studies and Lucas had become a top lawyer. He worked close with Jack. Matilda had become pregnant and had given birth to Ben four months ago. Her and Martha now spent alot of time with each other and acted around each other as if they were sisters. Tash stayed away from them and just stayed with Konnie and Katie the whole time. The two familied were going away together in three months time.

TWO MONTHS LATER

"Hi Mattie it's me Jack, I was just wondering if you could pick the twins up from school as Martha's still in hospital" said Jack

"Yer sure, how is Martha?" asked Mattie

"Yer she's good, she should be out later as she had a cesaerean"

"Great, well give her my love and tell her she can pick the twins up whenever. Bye" Mattie said before hanging up the phone and going to sort out Ben. Martha was in bed fast asleep, but she soon woke up when Jack walked in.

"When did the doctor say we can go home?" she asked hoping it would be a good answer

"Now, I was just speaking to him, I'll go and get the car seat, whilst you pack your things." Jack said before heading to the car. Just then Indi started crying. Martha went to pick her up and didn't realise Tasha standing there.

"Hey Tash" Martha said

"Hey, I just thought I'd come and say hello"

"Come in, I was just getting ready to go but Jack won't mind if we stay another ten minutes."

"Jack's here?" Tasha asked

"Yer, he's just gone to the car" Martha replied

"Well actually I better not be staying, Robbie gets back soon so I don't want him to be wondering where we are"

"Ok, well you'll have to come and see us soon cause Jack's taking the whole family away soon"

"Well I'll see what Robbie wants to do. See you later Mac" Tasha said before rushing out because she saw Jack.

"I see you're not ready to go." Jack said taking Indi from Martha

"Well Tasha came in but she didn't stay for long. She was a bit edgy. Why don't you go and out her in the car whilst I get changed and I'll see you out there in a minute."

"Ok, if that's what you want, oh and we should stop at Matties to pick up the twins." Jack added before walking out.

Martha came out and sat in the front of their 4x4. They went to go and see Mattie and pick up the twins. Mattie was delighted to see Indi so they ended up staying there for quite a while before they had to go and pick up Charlie from Beth's. The twins sat in the seats in the boot messing around. After they had put in an appearance at Beth's they headed home. Jack made tea for Jodi and Harry before sorting out Charlie. He made Martha sit there with Indi. This really annoyed Martha as she wanted to help out. They were her kids to. Jack eventually gave in. Jack had time off work to help Martha with Indi. He was told that he may aswell have all the time off up to the holiday he had booked in as things were pretty quiet at the station.

ONE MONTH LATER

It was time for the family holiday. Mattie and Lucas were meeting them at the airport as they wanted to get there early. Martha and Jack also gave themselves alot of time as they did have four kids to look after. Some how they also managed to arrive early. It was along flight to Spain. At least Jack had booked them a decent holiday. Martha had the pram so she didn't have to carry Indi everywhere. The twins didn't run off as they knew what happened when they did. They wouldn't get any sorts of treats. Charlie always wanted to be picked up so Jack had to carry him most places. They looked so cute together. They were boarding their flight in three hours. The best thing Jack and Martha could do to keep the kids occupied was go and get lunch. They found a child friendly restaurant. They just ordered a pizza for them. Simple and they all liked it. Mattie and Lucas soon came to join them. The holiday was going to be great.

Just two more hours to go on the plane and they would be there. The twins were asleep. Charlie was messing around with Jack and Indi was being fed in Martha's arms. Martha was stroking her face whilst holding the bottle. Indi had completed their family. Jack and Martha had brought up Harry and Jodi well. They did as they were told and very rarely got into trouble. Charlie was very quiet for his age. He just enjoyed being around his family. He was happiest when he was playing with Jack. Martha loved the relationsip they had. Indi eventually went to sleep. Charlie had dozed off aswell.

They had arrived in Spain. Jack had booked the flights so that they would arrive at night so that everyone could get a good nights sleep. There holiday was going to be great. In the morning the twins bounded onto Martha and Jack's bed. They were so excited. They were already dressed. They both had sunglasses on. Jack got up to make breakfast for all of them. Jack and Martha decided it would be easier to rent a house as the kids could be quite fussy about what they ate. Ten minutes later they were all up and sitting round the table having breakfast. Jack was feeding Indi. One big happy family.

Preview

Do they have a happy holiday?

R&R

Thanks Becky for your help. :D

Archived