• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ireland

Good Things

- People are over all very nice

- First Country to have the smoking ban

- Irish Dancing/RiverDance

- Oxygen! (Sorry, had to put that in :P Cant wait to go next year!)

- St. Patrick's Day

- Schooling system ( Well in my opinion, we have a good system.)

- Winning the Eurovision the most times

Bad Things

- Way to expensive

- Bad weather

- Known for people who drink way too much

- Death on roads

- Health system is horrible!!

I hate the schooling system! :(

[*]The Minister of Transport feels the need to demolish a monument on the Hill of Tara that has been there for centuries, just to save money for the motorway that is cutting through it - which happened today.

The motorway doesn't cut through it.....the new road will actually be further away from the Hill of Tara than the existing road. And the 'monument' they found is where they analised the soil and found what once was wooden posts - now disintegrated. What annoys me about the protesters is that they had plenty of time to lodge a complaint or suggestion to the council when they were planning the road, yet its when they start to construct it that they protest (sorry for the rant, but i really don't agree with the agro :P)

Ireland

Good Things

- Irish Dancing/RiverDance

- Oxygen! (Sorry, had to put that in Cant wait to go next year!)

Totally agree with the Irish dancing thingy.....me being an Irish dancer for 12yrs! =)

And CANNOT WAIT to go to oxygen next year! Love loads of Irish bands at the moment - The Coronas, The Blizzards, Director, The Delorentos.

My List -

GOOD

The Irish music scene - see above ^

GAA - its brilliant this year - Meath in the semis!! WOOP and Cork not in a final :o (no offence to people from Cork, its just nice to see a change) One of my favourite things about the GAA is little segregation, all supporters are mixed around the stadiums (apart from Dublin and the hill)

Country side - Ireland is known for forty shades of green. Also loads of mountains and some real nice beaches

The hospitality - apparently the best in the world

BAD

Health system

Weather - 60 days of consecutive rain - in June and July that is :angry:

Road deaths - although that seems to be improving

Gardaí - a lot of corruption within it although I'm sure most are OK

Gang land crime - In Limerick and Dublin especially. A 17yr old Nigerian boy was shot in Dunboyne where I'm from last week. it's scary how close these things get to you.

In saying all that though I think Ireland is a deadly place to live and don't think I'd ever move country

Aussie! :D

Good -

+ The weather. Who doesnt agree?!

+ All saints is flmed here

+ They air All saints here

Bad

+ Public transport being on time

+ Summer in the raging 40 degrees. Too hot. But I love sunburn

Oh I used to be an Irish Dancer!! But I gave up because our teacher never payed any attention 2 me so I was getting nowhere!!...But my best friend is just an excellent dancer, her room is filled with medals and trophy's, you name it!!

Can I ask...Anyone here from the good old county Kilkenny? =]

Oh I used to be an Irish Dancer!! But I gave up because our teacher never payed any attention 2 me so I was getting nowhere!!...But my best friend is just an excellent dancer, her room is filled with medals and trophy's, you name it!!

Nope.....co. na Mí! Dunboyne to be exact. Royals for Sam 07! :D

Not me. I am from Dublin! :wink:

Archived