Your country's best attribute

Guest Tamxxx

I like the Howard government, labour just stuffs things financially for us. Remember Keating? The recession that we had to have?

He screwed our economy, and we have just gotten back on track, so I will be voting for liberal in the next election. The only thing I don't like about Howard, is the IR laws, and the GST when it was implemented.

Apart from that, Johnny is doing a great job, and it shows in the polls. :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im neither a lover or a hater of John Howard but it always really annoys me when people say he's the worst thing about this country etc etc.

Australia has always had it pretty good. Maybe when we get the likes of Sadam Hussein, Adolf Hitler or anyone of their type in charge - maybe then we will see just how good we really have it.

For me the best thing about Australia is the freedom.

The worst thing is the clash of cultures at the moment - gang rapes, terrorist threats etc.

I love Australia.

And Ive gotta say - THE very best thing about Australia is ME :)

Have a nice day!

:)

Ireland

Good: Culture, People and Landscapes.

Bad: Death-toll on roads, VERY expensive ( €6 for a BigMac! ) and Bad Health department.

Could'nt have put it better myself Cal.

The death toll on the roads is just ridiculous and our health care system is a shambles but the good definately out weighs the bad. Irish people are really friendly and we've got some great traditions e.g. St Patricks Day.

Im proud to be Irish!!

England

The good things:

Glastonbury!

Freedom

The countryside

Cultural diversity (not so much where I live, but definitely in London and some of the other major cities)

Free higher education for people who can't afford to pay

The bad things:

Crime

Drunken idiots who leave the streets covered in pee and vomit every weekend (this happens a LOT in Newcastle!)

The incompetence of the welfare state - people are allowed to just leave school and sit around on their backsides all day, not making any attempt to get educated or get a job, yet they are given about £50 a week for doing nothing, whereas students have to get a loan to pay for their living costs because they can't get any dole money...

Ok, rant over!

Maybe it would be more interesting for people to say what's good and bad about their town, rather than their whole country? I mean, there are lots of people who will live in the same country and like and dislike similar things, whereas the towns we live in will be more diverse.

Maybe it would be more interesting for people to say what's good and bad about their town, rather than their whole country? I mean, there are lots of people who will live in the same country and like and dislike similar things, whereas the towns we live in will be more diverse.

Then my comments would be all negative. :P

Speaking of Ireland being expensive, I went there for a weekend before the Euro was introduced, and it cost me £17.50 for four vodka's and lemonade! I nearly hit the roof.

Yes... VERY expensive! :o

I bought a selection pack of bars, it cost €5.50, We opened the bag and out fell 8 mini bars (very, very small bars). I almost died!

A pint of Guiness in Central Dublin cost €5. Then in the boglands(The countryside), it costs €2.50... :blink:

Archived