Fanfiction Challenge

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about characters who have died, but you write about where they went AFTER they died :ph34r:? Like... maybe they met someone in the afterlife, or maybe they got one last chance to come back and fix something on Earth... Or they're just watching current events on earth, ie other characters who are still alive, and commenting on them. It is fiction after all :P. And what about characters who have "died," but you think you can write your way around it, like the old witness protection scam? Cause I just realised that one of the characters I was considering is dead lol. But in the fic, see, they never died, even though everyone was told that they did... so... yeah. Where do we stand on that :P?

Also, I might have missed this, but are we writing at Aus pace or UK pace?

EDIT: I feel the need to say that I'm not trying to be difficult, I just have an overactive and complicated imagination...

For this particular challenge, when a character is dead on the show they remain dead - so no afterlife fics please. Emmasi please keep that suggestion in mind for the next Fan Fiction challenge because that would be an interesting topic to write about. :wink:

As for the location, the show is filmed in Summer Bay and my understanding is that once a character has left the show they are no longer based in Summer Bay. So it would be a good idea to mention other locations rather than Summer Bay.

In regards to the pace, the UK is only two weeks behind the Australian pace and by the time the competition closes they would have caught up to the Australian pace. So it'll be from the Pilot episode to 4770.

Once a fan fiction competition has been set the criteria cannot be changed as members have already started or have nearly completed writing their entry.

In the future, there will be plenty of opportunities to enter competitions as the subject matter and criteria changes each time, depending on the host.

Archived