Fanfiction Challenge

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite a difficult challenge. The one I'm writing now is a completely different one to what I started writing. I keep changing my mind in which sotryline to use. I think I'll stick to my current idea now. But no garauntees. Needless to say, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up not entering, because I change my mind last minute and decide I wanted to write about something else. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it might help if we have a quick brainstorming of ideas? I know I've thought of potential situations but decided I don't fancy writing about them. What if a situation I've thought up might be something someone else gets really excited by or vice versa. It might help a lot of us out maybe if we can get ideas suggestions from each other?

My main idea is to do something I already started in a long fic a couple of years ago, but I never really got around to getting the point of it written down. I don't know if I should use that though, because I kind of don't think it's fair that I've been working on in in the back of my mind for years... even though it would take some tricky writing to condense it into a tiny little oneshot.

So... I guess I first of all want to ask if anyone would have a problem with me using an old storyline, and please be honest if you do, and my other question would be... what do I do instead, because I'm struggling to think :P

It's funny - sometimes the most open topics are the hardest ones to pin down, because there are so many options that it can be overwhelming trying to get your head around them all and pick the best one :wacko:

Hmm, what about just picking a character and going with it. I know some of the older ones may be hard to do, as their past was AGES ago... but I'm sure we can forgive some people for getting things wrong. :P

I just thought of Irene - someone could do something about her alcoholism. (if that's a word :P) She came in the show as an alcoholic.. didn't she? Maybe you could explore some of the reasons why... she may have said them in the show, I don't know, but you could be there when she has her first binge-drink. When she truly begins to rely on alcohol. Etc.

Miles - Do a moment in the Tsunami. When he lost or was loosing his family. When he was told. When he found them? Did they go quickly or were they in hospital? ...

Tony/Jack/Lucas - Different POVS of Kate/Mum dying. Whether it was the aftermath... or the events during. Maybe you could even do Kate's POV.

Anymore?

Archived