Fanfiction Challenge

Guest sevenpuddings

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pfft, bad Emmasi.

Hokeee... who wants to start up fanfiction challenge? A few of you said that you were "in" on another thread, and that's now a legally binding contract so if you even try to get out of it I'll send a man-eating squirrel to your homes to get you.

:)

Any ideas? I personally would like to suggest that we have a while to complete these entries, because I have exams that I really shouldn't deliberately distract myself from. But hey, we can all do compramises I'm sure. :P

Also... the theme? I was never really got involved in organising these things, so I'm not sure what the favourite thing to do was but I was thinking we choose a theme or a topic or something really related to the show. Like... pick a moment from the past that has been mentioned by characters but never really explored or seen (as it is in the past). Put your own spin on it kind of thing. (Err.. JUST thought about when Colleen was conceived. Gross.) -> btw, that wasn't TOTALLY disgusting. It was relevent... after all the Alf's Dad and Colleen's Mum thing secrety thing. Could be interesting to see what Colleen's mum is like... perhaps she was the same as Colleen, or totally different?

Or it could be associated with a word. Umm, like, "tissue" or "buddha" (I'll give you 3 guesses what's sat on my desk right now :P)

Or a genre... they should all be dark and gloomy, or really happy and fluffy?

Or... they should all be songfics?

Or... they should all be arranged around a set of lyrics or lines from a poem?

Any ideas.. anyone?

Heh, songfics was my only idea :P

I like the one about something in the past that hasn't been seen or explored. But that's probably because I already have several ideas like that, and this comp might force me to actually write one down :P. So that would probably get my vote. We also need to think about length and ratings. I assume nothing over A. Although come to think of it, that rules out some of my ideas... dang.

Yea I have to admit, I've had an idea myself on that one. So.. I thought I should own up. :P

Hmm, well if it's just going to capture a moment in time that has never been explored then I'd say it should be no longer than... 2000 words? Or is that too much?

And I agree... nothing over A.

Dates? Ideally I'd like something around middle of June. But that's like a month away so I understand if people want to get this going before then.

And I kind of left this competition thread for a few of the last competitions so I'm not really sure how it works. Do all entries go to one person and they post them? Do we still compete?

I actually started a fic months ago on Colleen's Mum's affair with Alf's Dad, its a fic though so not really suitable for this but I might be in. I like the idea of a past event, theoretically it could be anything from any character's background that has ever been mentioned so its very open and there is options to use any character we like.

Mid June is fine with me, say 25th or something which is just over a month and 2000 word limit sounds good.

Other than that I say leave it open, see if we can get a few entries. I can get one of the mods to host if we like, that'll mean everybody can enter, it'll just be a case of the mod in question accepting the entries from us and then posting them all after the deadline date. I'm sure I can get a volonteer from a non writer willing to do that.

I'd say we still do as usual and post our votes for our favourites then the winner can either host themselves or pass back to the impartial mod in which case we decide on a theme between us, like in this case.

We have an impartial hoster, Dean is happy to help so we can send entries to him.

Fanfiction Challenge

Pick a moment from the past that has been mentioned by characters but never really explored or seen on screen.

Examples might include Colleen's conception,

Sally's parents dying

Martha finding out she's adopted

Write a one shot up to 2000 words in length.

Entry must be below an A rating and shouldn't contain Australian spoilers.

Before the 20th June send your completed entry to Dean who will post all the entries for everyone to read, review and pick a winner.

If you win you get the option to host the next challenge or we can decide it in this thread and have Dean host it again, winners choice.

-

-

Anyone got anything else to add? Any ideas how we can up entries, advertise it in our sigs maybe? Keep bumping this thread?

Definitely keep bumping this thread. I'll add it to my sig. If anyone's got a recurring fic, or any one shots coming up, they could always mention it in there. :P Also while they're posting in other fics. I could even PM a few people too. :P I think it was the lack of entries that kind of screwed it up last time.

Archived