Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

On 4/18/2017 at 10:15 PM, Angelica said:

Given how reticent she has been with trusting Duncan and Nate, and how level-headed she normally is, it is seems ludicrous that she could trust Riley so quickly. Especially to the extent where she was going to leave her family to be in. While I agree that 8 years is a long time, and it would not be unusual for him to have changed in that time, I do feel she gave him the benefit of the doubt too easily. I do feel it is a shame that Riley had to sink to being the cartoon villain who was willing to destroy Nate's career to keep him away from Tori.

Yeah I completely agree with you about the whole "level -headed Tori... ludicrous for her to trust Riley again so quickly" statement but you know what? Sometimes writers SUCK. I think they messed up with this whole Riley storyline. They laid the groundwork when Tori told, I think it was Phoebe, all about when Riley cheated on her 7 years ago. She said Riley really hurt her and she never got the closure she needed and then Riley comes back and T's just like "Riley!!!" Um WHAT??? A shame that Riley had to sink to being the cartoon villain by jeopardising Nate's career? Riley was already there. That happened when he lied to Tori about Nate and she fell for it when they went out on their "Let's talk and maybe get back together date". Another reason why TPTB handled the whole thing with Riley badly. I mean Tori finds out Riley's told a massive big lie and she just what? Looks the other way? What on earth are you doing TPTB??? But oh so thankfully THAT HEADCASE HAS GONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! So moving on...

On 4/18/2017 at 10:15 PM, Angelica said:

That's twice where Nate's career has been jeopardised by his acquaintance with Tori (the Careflight being the first).

Yeah but it's not twice that Tori has risked Nate's career is it? Mason was responsible for the Careflight mess and unstable, insincere Riley was responsible for this latest incident. I really really looooove Nate and Tori together. I think they make a brilliant match!!! :wub: 

I don't know if Tori's brothers know about Nate's past infidelities. Does it really matter? Tori does and she's made peace with it. That's not who Nate really is. Tori really struggled with that fact when she first found out Nate has cheated in the past but she overcame it and she knows who Nate really is now! What does the fact that Riley cheated 7 years ago and Nate's infidelities have been more recent have to do with anything?

I LOVE Tori!!! She's my favourite!!! I've always loved Tori and Penny McNamee does such an amazing job playing her!!! Tori made me laugh so much on Tuesday after their family meeting when she said "Well that went well!" I haven't laughed at H&A since... Well probably when Tori was making that speech to Nate about the two of them becoming a couple... I'm just tired of H&A right now but I do love Tori and Nate is amazing too!!! 

Oh, something I've been grinding on since Tuesday, when Tori said "I have such terrible taste in men" - what the heck is that all about??? Again: Sometimes writers SUCK. Tori's had 4 romantic relationships that we know about. Two of them have been with the same sleezebag sooo... I mean she's been with three guys. Duncan and Nate were perfectly legitimate relationships - those two men were definitely in love with Tori and they actually treated her right every step of the way!! Hey two guys out of three being great isn't bad Tori!! Phoebe for example has a way worse track record than Tori!! Writers are... asleep on the job sometimes. No but when Tori said that it made her sound cheap or whatever you know? Tori's streetwise, she's smart and witty and she's amazing!!!   

I don't really have anything else to say because literally Tori, Nate, Justin and Raffy (in that order) are the only characters holding my interest atm. *Siiiiiiigh... Oh Home and Away.....

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if Leah really doesn't like Sam now she's going to really hate her when she finds out Sam slept with her husband.  Given how Leah's been lately I actually found myself on Sam's side when Leah had a go at her outside the bait shop.  I'm not sure whether Sam was telling the truth about everywhere else being booked out when she came to hire a caravan but I'm glad when Zac spoke to her he acknowledged what happened was his fault mainly.

Irene annoyed me when she referred to Sam as a piece of work.  She is unaware of the infidelity and to her knowledge Sam is simply hanging around in the hope the something will happen with Zac. In terms of labeling someone a piece of work perhaps she can look closer to home at the serial rapist that she spawned.  I will give her credit and she mediated the situation with Ash, Leah and VJ pretty well.

Right so when Alf asks about John Kat drops the whole let's keep this between us but when it's Irene she can't say.  She should have done that before and been more professional.  Although she's going out of her way to help John offering to put him in touch with top solicitors.

Even though he was right Matt's self-righteous attitude towards Zac re Sam annoyed me.  If I were in Zac's position I probably would have lied and denied anything happened although I guess Zac is too eaten up by guilt to do that.

Really enjoyed the testosterone with Ash and VJ over Luc.

Leah should watch out. It is a sad state of affairs when even volatile Ash seems more reasonable than her. At the end of the day, the only reason that VJ is able to play father is because he is currently the father on paper (I presume that Billie would have put him down as father on the birth certificate). However, that position is at risk if either Ash or Irene try to fight for custody (which is looks like may happen( and demand a paternity test. Which is why it seems silly for Leah and VJ to keep Irene and Ash off side. 

Raffy likes Phoebe, she has lived at the farmhouse and Phoebe was good to her.  I don't think it would have been anything personal about Phoebe living there, it is going to be crowded whoever it may have been.   If Phoebe and Justin had moved into together and they fell out they would have had to sell the place, but this way it'll only be Phoebe who has to move out. I did have the crazy thought why can't they all move into the farmhouse, then there would be plenty of room.

Leah came across as very controlling when Ash was holding Luc, yes he has no idea of how to handle a new born but she could have been a lot more gentle when telling him how to hold her and not sounded so like a school marm. What he said was below the belt, but sadly true, a paternity test isn't needed as everyone knows Mick is the father.   VJ feels he has failed Billie by not looking after her, but I'm sure Billie would have wanted Ash to be involved in his niece's life which includes him looking after her and giving Leah, VJ and Zac a break.  Naturally Leah and VJ are stressed out by lack of sleep and babies pick up on that which is why she is so fractious. I liked the summit meeting and it makes perfect sense if Leah and VJ can let go a bit and let Ash and Irene help.

Matt is very fond of Leah, she took him in, stood by and up for him when the rest of the bay only thought the worse of him so naturally he's angry at Zac for risking everything by first not telling Leah Sam was back in town and now he's gone and slept with her. I feel Zac should tell Leah he's done the deed, before Sam puts her own spin on it, even though Matt is against it, it's only going to make things worse. Zac had had enough of lying and Matt isn't stupid. She, Leah, was blowing hot and cold again, one moment calm and not pushing him away, then having a go because he wasn't there when she was struggling as Luc was crying again. Though looking at tonight's episode it looks like Matt scuppers Zac's 'I need to tell you something' decision.

That's twice then Irene has called someone a piece of work, last time it was Riley and she wasn't wrong there. You can't lay what Mick became at Irene's door, she had no say in his upbringing. 

I wondered about that timing in Jus seeing John coming out of surgery and Irene's call from Maz saying he was going in, time warp perhaps. Notice Irene has kept her distance from seeing Maz mayhap she does blame John despite her not actually coming out and saying as much.

Alf was there when Kat first questioned John about the fires  so not much use keeping it quiet, btw how come he got charged with five counts of arson, there was the one at the schoolies night, garage, Brody's van and the one at the music festival (or had he started more than one)?   I think he was charged with causing death as it Nate and Riley said the smoke inhalation triggered the cancer, but that would be down to his lawyer to dispute.  Will Alf be calling on the services of Morag to be John's defence lawyer?  I believe Alf was referring to the fact people would realise, hopefully, it wasn't the John Palmer they knew set the fires but his brain tumour making him act out of character.  Talking of brain tumours, I've found it odd Alf hasn't mentioned his and how it made him behave, which I suppose is why he's so understanding.

Well Sam nearly told Leah tonight nevermind Zac. He's making a mistake not coming clean and basically living on borrowed time. It's moves on from being a stupid mistake to a stupid mistake with a load of lies. When she point blank asked him tonight I was lurching! "Just bloody tell her". I'm surprised he's listened to Matt TBH. Leah has acknowledged that she's been a nightmare and she mentioned tonigh that it was Irene and Ash that made her realise this. I hope this helps me sympathies with her because I don't like not liking her. At least Sam has cleared off. I think I was right about her renting a caravan for the night on purpose because she apologised for it today.

Hunters efforts to woo Olivia paid off and I really liked their long, nearly about to kiss, scene. Even though I'm team Mason, these two need to be together so I'll have to start shipping Mason with somebody else. Perhaps he needs a coogar like Roo LOL. 

It also appears to be the end of Matt and Evie as he's agreed to go away with her. A real shame and i hope they do come back from Vietnam and stay in the Bay. Will Ellie go with them...?

Seemed to be an almost complete dearth of sympathetic characters in that episode.Aside from Alf's brief cameo, the most likable person in it was Zac and he's an adulterer.Matt made a complete mess of things here, interfering in an already messy situation, messing with Zac's head and making things ten times worse.Leah admits she's treated Zac badly, then five minutes later she's doing it again.I can't decide if Zac really has a conference or if he made that up to get away for a bit.He should have told Leah the truth when she asked him, I get the feeling that deep down she already knows, but Matt's self-righteousness has meant that instead of everything out in the open and at least a chance of healing, their pain has been prolonged.Nice going, Page.I know it's not all your fault but I'm blaming you anyway.Sam continues to be a piece of work, taking no responsibility for trying to break up a marriage, and I think it was only the sight of Leah with Luc and realising just what she's messing with that made her back off.

Olivia and Hunter were like a slow motion car crash, full of moments that were meant to make us go "Awww" but instead made them seem truly pathetic.Olivia really is a slut and incapable of being single: Less than a week ago she was insisting to Mason that it was him she wanted to be with, not long before that she was making out with him in front of Hunter clearly not bothered about him, but now that that's gone belly-up she's back throwing self-absorbed tantrums because Creepy Hunter isn't paying her as much attention as she wants and then no doubt jumping straight back into his bed with a cloying and woefully insincere "It was always going to be you." Meanwhile, Hunter latches back onto her like a puppy humping his favourite leg.He's already screwed up school once by spending all his time being creepy with Olivia and doing whatever she wants instead of having a life of his own and now he's decided to do it again, skipping school once he's got an opening to get back in her good books.(Seriously, every time he smiles at her - or at anything - I get a shiver down my spine and wonder why people aren't backing away from him slowly.)And yet I've got a horrible feeling we're meant to see them as someone sort of golden couple, even though they're an utterly loathsome toxic pairing who are far too twisted and self-absorbed to ever have a healthy relationship.

I can't even be pleased at Matt and Evelyn having a fresh start, given that they spent the whole episode stuffing everyone else's lives up while discussing the move with everyone apart from Ellie and only paying lip service to the effect it will have on her.Sometimes I really do wonder why I'm still watching.

Sam was on the brink of telling Leah but like you Red I think it was seeing her with Luc that changed her mind. Ditto Zac's 'conference', is there one? He did look like he was dithering about whether to go or go back and tell all.  Maybe Matt shouldn't have interfered but as I said in my previous post he cares for Leah and doesn't want her hurt. I noticed her 'sorry about the way I've been acting' then goes back into blame mode. I do genuinely think Zac does love her, his moment of madness with Sam was just that.  There wasn't anyone else he could turn to all of the others were too close to the situation to properly confide in.  Sam of course had her own agenda and took full advantage of the state he was in. You could be right though about Leah realising what had happened. As an aside Zac has gone off without saying goodbye to Hunter.

Actually I thought Hunter was very thoughtful, something he's been accused of not being in the past, by getting Evie to help Olivia settle in at uni.  It may work this time round as they won't be around each other all day to give themselves some space and now he's seen for himself what uni can offer, maybe it'll help him knuckle down and decide what he wants to do with his life. Of course as can happen she may grow away from him as she gets into uni life and she's dating a schoolboy albeit an 18 year old one.

Matt asked Evie very relevant questions about what their proposed move to Vietnam will mean to Ellie but Evie seemed to have it all sorted. The school will provide accommodation, Ellie will be able to go to school there, there's just the matter of what Matt will do, he's not a qualified motor engineer so he couldn't just walk into that kind of job.  The only thing is they haven't consulted Ellie at all, just assumed she'd be happy to go, which she isn't, not surprising as she's only just got settled in the bay, she is 13 not five so will be a big upheaval. Raffy made a good point Matt isn't her legal guardian so he can't just take her away.

23 hours ago, H&Alover said:

That's twice then Irene has called someone a piece of work, last time it was Riley and she wasn't wrong there. You can't lay what Mick became at Irene's door, she had no say in his upbringing. 

I was being cynical.  Besides I can lay whatever I like wherever I like.  You don't have any say in that!

23 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Alf was there when Kat first questioned John about the fires  so not much use keeping it quiet

He called to her on the beach and demanded to know what was going on.  Kat acted completely unprofessionally telling him about it before she had spoken to or arrested John.  Whether Alf overheard or not is completely irrelevant.  Kat should have said the same thing to him she said to Irene i.e. she can't talk about the case.  The fact that Alf went and told Leah straight after, VJ overheard went and told Ash then Ash went to the hospital and confronted John demonstrates why.  It's for the police to deal with and not members of the public.

Whilst still on the subject of "a piece of work", I see Matt stole Irene's line and said it to Sam's face.  Once again don't like him being sanctimonious but he was quite correct.  And I also didn't like the way when Hunter came to speak to Evelyn by the peer Matt told him they were in the middle of something (basically telling Hunter to get lost).

I like Sam but I'm not going to deny the role she played in Zac's infidelity.  In spite of that she made a very valid point.  There's a problem with Leah and Zac's marriage.  I personally thought they got married too quickly anyway and should have simply tried to cohabit for a while.  The way Zac reacted to Sam pointing this out to him leads me to believe he may have felt she had a point too.

The way Leah was when Zac told her he had to go away made part of me want Sam to tell Leah the truth when she confronted her just before she left.  Not sure what to make of Zac not telling Leah about the affair.  I suppose it's a blessing it didn't come from Sam but as it's a soap so she's obviously going to find out.

I was smiling through most of the Olivia/Hunter stuff.  So much for him trying to keep away from her.  As I've said before I do like both characters as individuals, not so keen on them as a couple.  And they appear to get on a lot better when they aren't together (Which is probably why they got on OK in that episode).  I wonder if it's a mutual kind of suffering i.e. they both need to make each other miserable.  Although we've already seen the negative effects - Hunter skipping school to get Evelyn to help Olivia.  Olivia being childish when Hunter briefly smiled at her in the Diner and didn't stop to talk.  I did really like the interaction with Evelyn and Hunter in that episode.  As they are actually related I would like to think that when the **** hits the fan and presumably VJ and Hunter fall out, Evie and Hunter will still be OK.

So Evelyn's not going to see Maddy.  Shame, perhaps Maddy can go to Vietnam.

Alf being miserable at the begging of the episode and referring to Zac and Leah's arguments as a war zone made me smile.

Alf's episode count this week:Five, for the fourth week running.

Olivia again behaves in a thoughtless and self-absorbed manner, being quick to flaunt her new relationship with Hunter, although I'll give her points for eventually apologising to Mason.I'm glad that Mason managed to be the better man, his promo-fodder temper tantrum at Justin aside.(The portrayal of him here didn't really fit with Tuesday though, where he showed no sign of post break-up angst.Maybe Phoebe should have given him some of the ice cream!)As ever, it brings stability to my universe to see that Psycho Hunter is still simmering beneath the surface.We were probably meant to be punching the air at Olivia insisting they'll be fine despite valid points about them being in different places in their lives, but instead it felt like she was sticking her head in the sand.It'd be nice to see some sort of reaction from Irene to the reunion, given that she was dead against them getting back together at the end of last season, but I suspect it will just get glossed over.

Matt and Evelyn's plans grind to a halt when the fact that they never bothered to ask Ellie's opinion comes back to bite them.I continue to wish for more details as to what Ellie's meant to do over there.Yes, she'll go to school but won't she be studying different things to her classmates back home?Won't she have difficulty picking up what they've learned?(I love how Matt's naïve enough to think they'd be back in a year's time.Has anyone ever actually done that?)I do appreciate Matt and Evelyn's gesture of solidarity, although a part of me would like it if they left and Ellie stayed.Not that I don't appreciate Matt and Ellie's bond but I do think she's got more potential than just being Matt's plus one: I'd quite like her to stay on with Roo (assuming she ever gets back from Hawaii), who otherwise will be stuck in that flat on her own.Plus her going would leave Raffy even more isolated when she's already reduced to fighting with the rest of her family for lines in crowd scenes.

I don't mind Ash and Kat as a couple but they've been on and off so many times (this must be at least their third time getting together in less than a year) that it's hard to care.Hopefully it'll stick this time.Is there a reason why Ash is dealing with Billie's affairs rather than next-of-kin VJ?(She could have made him executor, but the fact that it's so complicated suggests she died interstate.)The reveal about Luke is very "Huh?" There has been a certain amount of ambiguity about how exactly he died, as I mentioned at the time Ash and Billie referred to him coming back from Afghanistan as if he died later.But if there's no death certificate, where did that grave come from?

So Luke is Alive. That'l be who was at the funeral last week. I didn't see that coming and I'm not sure how that's going to be explained or even why they've done it to be honest. 

I'm in agreement with you guys, Ash and Kat are on and off more often than a light switch. And I'm beyond tired with it. 

I do think Ellie will stay with Roo, that's my gut feeling anyway to begin with. Let's see how it plays out. 

Did any of you see the advert Channel 5 ran after the credits for Home and Away. It was all about a custody battle for Luc. Nice to see some promotion. :)

Archived