Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

So it's good bye and good riddance to slimey Riley and imo couldn't have happened quick enough before Tori got even more involved with him.  The fact he was prepared to ruin a good doctors reputation just because he was jealous of Tori and Nate showed his true character. If he hadn't looked so smug when he revealed he told Tori he had reported Nate I doubt she would have become suspicious and did a bit of detective work to find out the truth. He didn't want to give up though and went to bother her at home to plead, unsuccessfully, his case. I had the feeling he could have turned really nasty if Justin hadn't intervened, but it was Tori in the end who chucked him out and put an end to it. Bound to have been regrets from her side to have wasted all those years.  What, though, does this mean for her and Nate could there be any chance of them getting back together after all her to-ing and fro-ing? 

I wondered that about the farm and Kat, Evie and Phoebe suddenly being evicted, maybe a change of landlord and they want to live at the farm themselves, she did mention the lease was up. With Evie looking like she is going to Vietnam, there would only be Phoebe and Kat left to find the money to pay the rent which must be sizeable given the size of the place. Justin has known Phoebe long enough to know what she like, he's not the easiest to live with either I should imagine. Only right there should be a family vote it's going to be pretty crowded at the Morgan's if she does move in there'll be six of them!

Must be a tricky situation for John, not have the op and risk dying or have it and if everything is OK run the risk of being charged  with arson, endangering life and murder/manslaughter. I'm glad Marilyn managed to get him to change his  mind.  From what we saw it didn't look good for him.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, bit of a question mark regarding why the girls have to move out of the farm, last I checked Sid still owned it.I loved Mason in this episode, from his dull surprise at the announcement Phoebe was moving in to his not being particularly bothered about the outcome to his wanting to join in with the girlie day.(Dare I say it, have we found a new Chris?)Wasn't particularly keen on the way Phoebe got Tori to change her mind, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here but it felt like she was playing her to a certain extent.Nice role for Raffy.

It is a shame that everyone apart from Alf and Marilyn is ostracising John.I can't help thinking Alf is being a bit optimistic in saying Summer Bay usually work out what's right and what's wrong...although I guess they're more inclined to think wrong is right than the other way round.Still, John seems to have made it through despite the inevitable drama.The scenes didn't really seem to be in the right order:I got the feeling Irene leaving Marilyn a message wishing them well was meant to come before Alf and Marilyn chatting about...her leaving a message wishing them well, rather than after John had come out of theatre.

Found Leah rather annoying here.She's being very possessive of Luc, pretty much shutting VJ out as well as Ash.She was spectacularly snooty towards Ash with her insistence that she knows best.I'm getting the feeling that she's over-compensating for the lack of blood tie but it's natural for Ash to want to spend time with her, especially when she's all he's got left of Billie, and Leah shouldn't be discouraging it or criticising everything.Ash's last comment was below the belt but it did seem to come out of sheer frustration as much as anything else.

Why is it that the likeable female characters are becoming less likeable in the last few weeks.

While I am glad, the Riley thing is all wrapped up quickly, I can't help but feel that Tori has gone down in my estimation since it started. Given how reticent she has been with trusting Duncan and Nate, and how level-headed she normally is, it is seems ludicrous that she could trust Riley so quickly. Especially to the extent where she was going to leave her family to be in. While I agree that 8 years is a long time, and it would not be unusual for him to have changed in that time, I do feel she gave him the benefit of the doubt too easily. I do feel it is a shame that Riley had to sink to being the cartoon villain who was willing to destroy Nate's career to keep him away from Tori. That's twice where Nate's career has been jeopardised by his acquaintance with Tori (the Careflight being the first).Nate is no angel, but I hope he doesn't go back easily to Tori after this.

Do the Morgan brothers know about Nate's history of infidelity? I assume not, as Riley has the excuse that his infidelity was a 8 years ago. Nate's trespasses have all been very recent.

Leah is becoming insufferable. Firstly with her treatment of Zac. But now her air of superiority when it comes to Luc. Yes, she has experience of looking after a baby (albeit over 15 years ago). But she seemed determined to put down Ash no matter what. And antagonising Ash can never be a good thing. And it looks like Irene may start to put ideas in Ash's head about how to change the situation. 

1 hour ago, Angelica said:

Why is it that the likeable female characters are becoming less likeable in the last few weeks.

While I am glad, the Riley thing is all wrapped up quickly, I can't help but feel that Tori has gone down in my estimation since it started. Given how reticent she has been with trusting Duncan and Nate, and how level-headed she normally is, it is seems ludicrous that she could trust Riley so quickly. Especially to the extent where she was going to leave her family to be in. While I agree that 8 years is a long time, and it would not be unusual for him to have changed in that time, I do feel she gave him the benefit of the doubt too easily. I do feel it is a shame that Riley had to sink to being the cartoon villain who was willing to destroy Nate's career to keep him away from Tori. That's twice where Nate's career has been jeopardised by his acquaintance with Tori (the Careflight being the first).Nate is no angel, but I hope he doesn't go back easily to Tori after this.

Do the Morgan brothers know about Nate's history of infidelity? I assume not, as Riley has the excuse that his infidelity was a 8 years ago. Nate's trespasses have all been very recent.

Leah is becoming insufferable. Firstly with her treatment of Zac. But now her air of superiority when it comes to Luc. Yes, she has experience of looking after a baby (albeit over 15 years ago). But she seemed determined to put down Ash no matter what. And antagonising Ash can never be a good thing. And it looks like Irene may start to put ideas in Ash's head about how to change the situation. 

Good question!

When I saw the preview last week I thought Raffy would be the main person to object to Phoebe wanting to reside at the Morgans.  I do feel Phoebe manipulated Tori to a certain extent to allow her to move in and I'm not happy about it.  Even putting aside that I generally find her a pain in the backside there are perfectly legitimate reasons for her to not move in.  Obviously the number of people is one thing.  But Brody has made a valid point.  It is going to be very difficult living and working with her.  And it could possibly affect their professional relationship.  I'm not sure Justin and Phoebe have been going out long enough to live together although they do both love each other apparently.  I can see an argument for her not deliberately manipulating Tori because Phoebe has a tendency to run her mouth off so if she wasn't OK about it, she may have been more vocal I guess but I think this time she tried a different approach and then when Tori told her about Riley seized the opportunity to drop the sisterhood card to get into Tori's good books and swing the vote I guess.

I'm in agreement with Angelica.  In fact sadly I'm actually quite disliking Leah right now so I was glad Ash made that remark towards her even though it was out of line.  I do feel that she's being overly protective and controlling because Luc isn't her actual granddaughter.

9 hours ago, samdanfan said:

Good question!

Sorry, which question are you referring to and why do you think it's a good question? Thanks.

I'd like to just reiterate everyone's thoughts above about Leah. It's just rediculous now. I'd describe her as controlling when it comes to Luc. She's taken over and everything is her way even to the point where she is willing to make herself I'll and exhausted so that she can be the one up all night controlling everything. It's actually do my head right in now. 

I also thought Alfs comments about people figuring out what's right and wrong a little odd. He started fires, which is wrong? Regardless of his medical situation. Give me strength. 

It was obvious the Morgan's would come round to Pheobe moving in in the end. And yes Red, gotta love Mason. I've liked him from the start and I'm glad the character is finding his feet now 

5 hours ago, Slade said:

When I saw the preview last week I thought Raffy would be the main person to object to Phoebe wanting to reside at the Morgans.  I do feel Phoebe manipulated Tori to a certain extent to allow her to move in and I'm not happy about it.  Even putting aside that I generally find her a pain in the backside there are perfectly legitimate reasons for her to not move in.  Obviously the number of people is one thing.  But Brody has made a valid point.  It is going to be very difficult living and working with her.  And it could possibly affect their professional relationship.  I'm not sure Justin and Phoebe have been going out long enough to live together although they do both love each other apparently.  I can see an argument for her not deliberately manipulating Tori because Phoebe has a tendency to run her mouth off so if she wasn't OK about it, she may have been more vocal I guess but I think this time she tried a different approach and then when Tori told her about Riley seized the opportunity to drop the sisterhood card to get into Tori's good books and swing the vote I guess.

I'm in agreement with Angelica.  In fact sadly I'm actually quite disliking Leah right now so I was glad Ash made that remark towards her even though it was out of line.  I do feel that she's being overly protective and controlling because Luc isn't her actual granddaughter.

Sorry, which question are you referring to and why do you think it's a good question? Thanks.

You quoted "Why is it that the likeable female characters becoming less likeable in the last few weeks!"

OH how true. From what I hear in real life Aussie girls are not as nice as before. Im hurt at some including an ex friend in Sydney sister who ignored my Birthday wish.last year.

Here Leah seems to veer between being nasty to everyone in sight and being the reasonable one.Obviously she's got a split personality.It makes it very hard to view her as the victim in her marriage despite her being cheated on: I wouldn't exactly say she drove Zac to it but she's been using him as her punchbag for weeks.Hard to see why attempted homewrecker Sam could be classed as a victim either, she tried to take advantage of the family's grief and it didn't work out for her.So I actually feel most sorry for Zac despite him being wrong to go there with her, and found Matt's rant at him annoyingly self-righteous.That's probably unfair but it feels like the whole town's been lining up to kick Zac when he's down and Matt's just the latest one.Meanwhile, VJ (and Leah but like I said, split personality) needs to accept that asking for help doesn't mean he's failed and that Luc having more people in her life who love her can only be a good thing, if Ash can accept VJ as the father which he seems to be having trouble with.They need to work together here, not tear lumps out of each other.I hope VJ doesn't quit his job because that really won't help anyone.

While it was a bit insensitive, I accept Kat had her job to do where John was concerned.The whole "arson causing death" thing is ridiculous though: The cancer killed Billie, not the fire.I really hope that's the police chancing their arm and it's going to get laughed out of court, because I'm laughing and not in a good way.John needs to fight the charges though, there's pretty mitigating circumstances.

I keep screaming at the TV when it's mentioned the fire caused Billie's death. But now to put it in Johns charges?! I wa alike are you actually joking?! I hope he does fight the charges though, and I think he should. 

Leah is beyond watchable now. Bi-polar came to my mind today whilst watching. Clearly everything is taking its toll and rather than just ask for help she'll dig a hole. I wouldn't blame Irene today for telling her to RACK OFF. Regarding her and Zac, it looks as though he's about to come clean. And he should, he's been fighting fires for the best part of a week now and Sam is only going to wind both him and Leah up. I don't believe she can't stay at the Motel or Sands either. I think she's said that deliberately to stir up trouble. Really don't like the woman. I thought Matt told Zac a few things he needed to hear.

1 hour ago, 630si said:

I keep screaming at the TV when it's mentioned the fire caused Billie's death. But now to put it in Johns charges?! I wa alike are you actually joking?! I hope he does fight the charges though, and I think he should. 

Leah is beyond watchable now. Bi-polar came to my mind today whilst watching. Clearly everything is taking its toll and rather than just ask for help she'll dig a hole. I wouldn't blame Irene today for telling her to RACK OFF. Regarding her and Zac, it looks as though he's about to come clean. And he should, he's been fighting fires for the best part of a week now and Sam is only going to wind both him and Leah up. I don't believe she can't stay at the Motel or Sands either. I think she's said that deliberately to stir up trouble. Really don't like the woman. I thought Matt told Zac a few things he needed to hear.

Hopefully if a series ever does mental illness again they do it justice!  Not asking for help not good.

Archived