Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

Thank you ste, that's exactly what I meant when I said their relationship was forced. Now can I ask, why Jack/Martha lovers like them so much...I will admit they look good together and have had some nice moments, but when Martha isn't going thorough her own drama, they don't have much storylines that have them as the center, and the ones they do seem to go by very quickly.

Amanda and josh are also not a good example of a love/hate...josh never loved amanda, it was more like lust, using the other person, about power.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heheee how cute was it tonight?!!

So funny when Martha was abusing Macca & Jack just walked straight past like it was completely normal & then Martha walked inside, so Jack walks outside & gives Macca a drink. LMAO :D

Then later on Jack's impromptue breakfast speech was soo sweet & very true. Then Martha realised that when Macca told Cassie he loved her it was true because Macca is a committment phobe, which was exactly what Jack had earlier realised.

hehee the new matchmakers... I hope they can fix up Luc & Maddie now.

when macca and cassie got back together and jack and martha were standing on either side of the road looking at each other, feeling pleased with themselves, that was their cue to run into each others arms... but it didnt happen!

I totally agree with princess jessik about the Martha abusing Macca bit. It was so funny *crying tears of laughter* Jack walked straight past like it was an every day occurance to see Martha going off her rocker and didn't even flinch. I also agree with Simone, that was the perfect oppurtunity for them to have a romantic moment, but again the selfish writers stuffed it up and left us dissapointed. Get with it and bring the romance back!

when macca and cassie got back together and jack and martha were standing on either side of the road looking at each other, feeling pleased with themselves, that was their cue to run into each others arms... but it didnt happen!

hmm I think for a G rated show, all the Cassie & Macca PDA was enough. Plus I think there might be something going on, like behind the scenes which is why we never see any Martha & Jack PDA.

Plus I think there might be something going on, like behind the scenes which is why we never see any Martha & Jack PDA.

I'm sorry to appear thick, but what are you talking about? I know about the australian storyline and stuff, so I know what is going off there, but I'm just confused about your comment.

What does PDA mean?

^^

I don't really know if this is true. It might not be, & i think it has been discussed on the Martha & Jack appreciation threads on other sites but I still think that something may have happened off screen, either between Jodi & Paul or Jodi & the writers or Paul & the writers. Like possibly the had a fight on set, which could've happened and because of that they try and minimise the time their characters are together & being affectionate. Or one of their partners may've been offended by their boyfriend (although I think Paul is un-attached)/ girlfriend kissing someone else. This partner may've also been upset because of rumours that they were together or going to get together, and thus to keep everyone happy the writers have decided that they will do their best to keep their affection to the bare minimum.

That is all just a theory though and could be entirely wrong. But, I do know that, according to Dan O'Conner & Stephanie McIntosh (Neighbours) who are interviewed in DOLLY magazine this month say that: on the set of Neighbours tounge is strictly off-limits but then Dan adds, it could be different in other time slots. Apparently it's also embarrassing, but something you get used to having to continuously kiss a collegue. But it's different if you are in the cast of the OC. According to Adam Brody (Seth), he loves his job because he gets paid to make out with his girlfriend. Having said that, Rachel Bilson (Summer) is his girlfriend in real life so that is kind of different.

PDA = Public Display of Affection.

Hope that explains it for you. And I don't have any proof of what I said in the first paragraph. It is all just a theory I've developed after reading news articles etc, but it all could be completely wrong.

And the lack of PDA might be because we are just about to come into a huge storyline for them. Maybe. lol :P

Anyway did anyone else notice how it seems that Martha seems to be spending alot of time at the Bachelor Pad? She obviously stayed there, the night when she was being questioned by Peter, because the next morning we saw her ringing her grandfather to tell him she was ok. In last night's episode, it seemed as if she had slept there the night again because Jack commented on how, 'Martha filled him in on what happened with Macca & Cassie,' and she told Macca she wasn't cleaning up for him. Now that Dan & Macca have moved out there obviously are going to be a few spare rooms (hehe not that she needs one) & Jack & Kim will need someone to help them pay the rent. Martha seems very concered about their wellfare in regards to groceries lol :P Maybe that is just a hint of her about to move in?

Whoops just realised how huge this post is. Sorry.

Archived