Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

Ok people, calm down! People are entitled to their opinion and if you don't like Jack and Martha then thats fair enough. However this is a Jack and Martha appreciation thread so if you have a negative opinion, don't post it here, make a new 'i hate Jack and Martha thread'. :D

Now can people just be nice now. :D

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I no people are entitled to their opinions but i dont know how people can't like Jack and Martha. I rekon that they are the best couple since a long long time. They're definately my favourite couple i love them together :)

I no people are entitled to their opinions but i dont know how people can't like Jack and Martha. I rekon that they are the best couple since a long long time. They're definately my favourite couple i love them together :)

Fair enough...but you have to accept that there are some people who do not understand how people can like them....

I think the trouble is that there are so many...so and so and thingy are wonderful.... and so and so is hot threads...and then 6 weeks later the same(usually, but not always) people are posting that someone else is the best thing ever....Also, no one ever says WHY they think someone or a particular couple are great....apart from the KK fans and the Bareen fans...who generally explain their reasons...Most of the appreciation threads just go on about how hot, cute, sexy, or awesome someone is....I am not saying the KK and Bareen threads have not done this but they do have some debate in there as well, about storylines, what they like and don't like, the characterisation, the chemistry, the personalities, etc....

So if you could explain to the rest of us WHY Jack and Martha are so different, special, etc...then that would be good...because try as I might...I just can't see it!

Well I liked this couple when they first started because I thought they had great chemistry – they just really clicked. I also liked how they weren’t all over each other, I love you after two minutes (Rachel and Kim style), lovey dovey sop fest (Rob and Tasha), unrealistic rapist storylines (Kane and Kirsty) etc. And I did like the whole practical joke thing and I always like couples that start out hating each other. At the moment though I think their chemistry has kind of died – whether from lack of storylines I’m not sure but I hope it is not permanent because I do like this couple as I said and no other pairing on Home and Away does it for me so to speak. : )

Having said this I totally get how other people are what the? over M and J just like I could never stand KK.

Ok people, calm down! People are entitled to their opinion and if you don't like Jack and Martha then thats fair enough. However this is a Jack and Martha appreciation thread so if you have a negative opinion, don't post it here, make a new 'i hate Jack and Martha thread'. :D

Now can people just be nice now. :D

definatley agreed, Jack and Marth are my favourite couple

Well I liked this couple when they first started because I thought they had great chemistry – they just really clicked. I also liked how they weren’t all over each other, I love you after two minutes (Rachel and Kim style), lovey dovey sop fest (Rob and Tasha), unrealistic rapist storylines (Kane and Kirsty) etc. And I did like the whole practical joke thing and I always like couples that start out hating each other. At the moment though I think their chemistry has kind of died – whether from lack of storylines I’m not sure but I hope it is not permanent because I do like this couple as I said and no other pairing on Home and Away does it for me so to speak. : )

Having said this I totally get how other people are what the? over M and J just like I could never stand KK.

Agree completely with that!

Frankie, I can't see how you haven't seen these things (that burr said) mentioned before in threads, after all, you are a moderator and read quite a few. These aren't points that have JUST been raised by burr, alot of Martha and Jack like these things about the couple, and feel the same way. I know I do! M&J fans do talk about how fit Jack is and stuff like that, but thats because its true! lol But I don't like them solely on that fact, I like them because they are a different type of couple than the others, like Burr said.

The reason why there wasn't alot of "Kane is so fit" threads, was because he wasn't!! lol It's a fact of life, he wasn't in the slightest good looking (in my opinion). And the same goes for Irene and Barry. Lol So of course, there going to say that they liked the whole fact that they weren't allowed to go out.. etc. Which I really find stupid, because there was a reason why they weren't allowed to be together, a good damn reason.

I'm not for one moment suggesting that they don't suit or they are necessarily 'wrong' together, but I personally cannot appreciate the JM!Mania. I can't find a single aspect of their relationship that makes them special or remotely interesting (at least not so to the degree that they would be *this* popular).

I'm not for one moment suggesting that they don't suit or they are necessarily 'wrong' together, but I personally cannot appreciate the JM!Mania. I can't find a single aspect of their relationship that makes them special or remotely interesting (at least not so to the degree that they would be *this* popular).

I agree with Liz on this. I am not saying they are unsuited, just that they have nothing which endears them or engages me as a viewer beyond mild interest in whatever storyline they happen to be involved in. If they left it would not leave a gaping hole in the way that it would if other characters left. If one of them was killed off there is no way that they would generate the same emotional reaction from the audience as say Sally and Flynn.

Frankie, I can't see how you haven't seen these things (that burr said) mentioned before in threads, after all, you are a moderator and read quite a few. The

You are right, mods do read a lot of posts...

I can see why burr commented as she did..up to a point......when they got together they were sort of cheeky and flirty, and it did look as if it might be interesting, but it never went anywhere. As burr said...the chemistry...if it was ever there...died. So what else has been said about them?...well they like to play practical jokes and they started out hating each other. So did/do a lot of other characters. What else is there?

My view is that magazines like TV Week and the seven publicity machine push certain couples, or cast members and that this is what drives the mania. If they switched to putting someone else on the front covers, and to sending other people to the charity events and to the photo opportunites, I think Martha and Jack would soon be forgotten and someone else would very quickly become flavour of the month. It is not the characters of Martha and Jack which people are latching on to but the celebrity hype with which the media has surrounded Jodi and Paul.

Archived