Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

First of all, Jack never hated Martha, it was Martha who annoyingly hated Jack, and for no reason!

Wow. You must've missed some episodes because I'm pretty sure I saw quite abit of hatred when she told him that she was behind the spider incident. And I think, the hatred was again obvious when the gun went missing. Although they don't have the love/hate relationship they have 'rocky' patches, which is normal, well espically if you live in Summer Bay.

In my opinion, I don't think they were ever really ment to have the love/hate relationship. The relationship they have, to me is reminisant of early Flynn & Sally, or Noah & Hayley. But, then again the aren't really comparable because every couple is different in their own ways.

Anyway I hope in the comming weeks they get more storylines. This whole storyline thing is quite annoying, but it's true. The storylines don't seem to fairly distributed. They haven't had a real storyline (apart from 1 episode last week) since last year. Whilst being in the show, none of the storylines have centered around them. Maybe the writers will get the hint...

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they hated each other for one second. They are just both pig headed and stubborn. It was hurt pride, nothing more nothing less. There was no hatred involved at all. The words may have been vitriolic but I think it was far moree to do with the fact that neither wanted to be the first to back down than the fact that they did not like each other. I am sure this will occur time and time again in their relationship unitl they grow up a bit more and learn the art of compromise.

Okay, as I read through the several WHOPPING* comments by y'all, I came up with some arguments in my head, arguments which I have now forgotten. Lol

*By the way, i use whopping to mean massive, huge etc. lol

I'll try and remember what I thought! :)

I love, love/hate relationships, they are great, Veronica & Logan, Pacey & Joey, Buffy & Spike ect are good examples..BUT Martha and Jack are not.

Rightio. Well. Firstly I don't think they are amazingly good examples of a Love/Hate relationship, and I'm quite pleased about that. They may have tried to act like they hated one another, but us J&M worshippers have pretty much worked out that they were just doing that to protect themselves, and because they are pretty damn stubborn! lol Anyway, if they had well and truly hated one another, and not felt anything for each other during their split, then I don't think they'd be such a made-for-one-another couple! How can you suddenly hate the person that you love so much and are so compatible with? Sure, you can act like it, for many reasons, but deep down inside your not really going to hate them, you're going to love them, which is what I think happened with M&J. They did love each other, they just didn't want to say it because of their own personal reasons. If they had infact hated each other and not felt anything for one another during their split, and then had to work back up to loving each other again, that'd ruin their relationship for me. This is because it's supposed to be like they're made for one another. (the party, "The right guy will just walk through the door." In comes Jack..) And I think if their feelings are so easily forgotten then they aren't the perfect couple that I think they are!

Their supposed love/hate was forced on us by the writers, it didn't happen naturally.

Lmao! This one made me laugh! How had it been forced and also, how the hell was it supposed to happen naturally!? Lol! They're actors, on a tv soap... lol Of course the writers are going to force us on it, they wrote it! lol

First of all, Jack never hated Martha, it was Martha who annoyingly hated Jack, and for no reason!

I don't think she ever hated him as such, she just denied her feelings and was mad at him.

i just don't understand why so many people are acting like they're the new supercouple of Tv.

Because they are the new supercouple of Tv! =) lol Well, atleast in my eyes...

Their supposed love/hate was forced on us by the writers, it didn't happen naturally.

Lmao! This one made me laugh! How had it been forced and also, how the hell was it supposed to happen naturally!? Lol! They're actors, on a tv soap... lol Of course the writers are going to force us on it, they wrote it! lol

Nah that's not it. I understand perfectly what she means. You don't seem to. One minute you're saying "How had it been forced?" The next sentence you're saying "Of course it had been forced!" LOL.

I don't really have a problem with Jack and Martha. I don't dislike them as a couple at all. But I certainly don't understand what's so great about them. The love/hate thing was shoved down our throats for the sake of trying to make us care about them getting together. I found it boring and predictable and was thinking "Why do I have to sit through this when we know what's going to happen?" Maybe it worked for the younger viewers, I dunno.

It could have been good, had it seemed to happen more naturally, and had lasted long. But it was like a week or something. That's how it was so false. Also, the characteristics that Jack had that made Martha "hate" him (ie being conceited and big headed) seemed to disappear after that week. Same can be said about the traits that Martha had which annoyed Jack. They were made up simply for the sake of that storyline so they had a reason to "hate" each other, and then dropped again. That's how it was forced.

Nah that's not it. I understand perfectly what she means. You don't seem to. One minute you're saying "How had it been forced?" The next sentence you're saying "Of course it had been forced!" LOL.

Lmao! I did totally contradict myself there didn't I? =P That'll teach me for watching TV and typing at the same time. Lol. May I rephrase the last sentence?

I don't think the writers forced it, sure they wrote it and made a big deal about it, but that's their relationship, that's what happened. Of course they're going to advertise about that, because that's what is going on with that couple! If they just left it like, "do they like one another or not, i can't tell" then it'd be rubbish, so they did stress it, but I don't think it was forced, I doubt anything can be forced on a soap.

I hope I've understood what you were saying, I may have got it wrong, maybe you meant "force" in another way.

After reading this page I would like to say that I have changed my opinion. Nicole was right. They are not a love/hate relationship couple, they are a made for each other couple. I have taken all your comments on board and you are right. A true love hate relationship couple would be more like Amanda and Josh. There's definetley hatred when your pointing a gun at the man your supposed to love.lol!!!!

Archived