Martha and Jack Appreciation

Guest jack&martha

The reason why there wasn't alot of "Kane is so fit" threads, was because he wasn't!! lol It's a fact of life, he wasn't in the slightest good looking (in my opinion).

Ok, this will probably sound condescending, so I apologise in advance! But, personally, I think that what makes someone good looking isn't their hairstyle or how big their muscles are. To me, Kane was incredibly attractive because of his character. He had a certain something, let's called it 'x factor' for want of a better word. While I can see that Jack ticks all the right boxes to make him technically 'good looking', he just doesn't do it for me. I'm not saying that Kane doesn't tick any of those boxes (!), but it takes more than that.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My view is that magazines like TV Week and the seven publicity machine push certain couples, or cast members and that this is what drives the mania. If they switched to putting someone else on the front covers, and to sending other people to the charity events and to the photo opportunites, I think Martha and Jack would soon be forgotten and someone else would very quickly become flavour of the month. It is not the characters of Martha and Jack which people are latching on to but the celebrity hype with which the media has surrounded Jodi and Paul.

I don’t agree with that as they have hardly had any TV week covers (not one this year) and they are not the two that always appear at charity events etc, and they are not heavily pushed on the official website. I think that is both a condescending and patronising viewpoint that assumes people are completely susceptible to media hype.

Maybe you just have to except that a popular couple won’t always concur with who you think should be popular.

My view is that magazines like TV Week and the seven publicity machine push certain couples, or cast members and that this is what drives the mania. If they switched to putting someone else on the front covers, and to sending other people to the charity events and to the photo opportunites, I think Martha and Jack would soon be forgotten and someone else would very quickly become flavour of the month. It is not the characters of Martha and Jack which people are latching on to but the celebrity hype with which the media has surrounded Jodi and Paul.

I don’t agree with that as they have hardly had any TV week covers (not one this year) and they are not the two that always appear at charity events etc, and they are not heavily pushed on the official website. I think that is both a condescending and patronising viewpoint that assumes people are completely susceptible to media hype.

Maybe you just have to except that a popular couple won’t always concur with who you think should be popular.

If my memory serves me correct they've had two TV Week covers since hooking up together. In my opinion Jack and Martha started off as a great couple and still have the potential to be a great couple. They're not going to turn into the next Sally and Flynn overnight.

I think that is both a condescending and patronising viewpoint that assumes people are completely susceptible to media hype.

If people were not susceptible to media hype then the advertising business would go bust and there would be no need for PR departments!!! :P :P

However....

If I sounded or seemed condescending then I apologise, as it was not my intention... perhaps cynical would be a better word to describe my attitude to the media. I asked my mother to check...with one of my kid sisters who is a big MJ fan btw........and by her reckoning since Jodi and Paul arrived last year they have beeen on the front cover of TV week about 6 times..... there are some cast members who have never been on the front cover..... Since christmas they have appeared at at least 6 charity photo shoot events together and individually they have both appeared at at least 10 others each. They have also appeared in other magazines. TV Week is not the ony mag which uses them. Isabel and Chris have appeared maybe 3 or 4 times...that have been reported on. I think some people are pushed more than others byt the PR machine.......Kate has appeared quite a lot in recent weeks, justifiably so. Ada's engagement got one mention...... if it had been Jodi or Paul there would have been a much bigger mention I suspect....and yet it is Kate and Ada who are up fpr the Gold Logie and not Jodi or Paul.

I do accept that they are popular..I don't have an issue with that.... my issue is with the fickleness of the couple/celeb popularity which we have seen over the last couple of years....So far there have only been a couple of people who have tried to discuss this with me ....I think the point I was making is that sometimes popularity is determined for us...and that is not intended to be condescending or patronising...as I am sure that I can be influenced just as much as the next person by good PR.....I am more than happy to have a bit of buff and body to ogle...BUT...I am not going to let myself think it is anything other than great packaging though...and in a few months time the PR machine well be marketing another package...which we can all admire...as JM fade away just like Robbie and Tasha are doing ,as did Scott and Hayley, Kim and Hayley, Pete and Clare and the others who generated a lot of droolls...again maybe justifiably...and someone else will be described as the cutest, bestest, hotest, sexiest couple ever. Perhaps all I am suggesting is that this is born in mind, and that a bit of perspective would not go amiss.

Paul and Jodi have had 2 tv week covers together. The first time was when Martha blabbed about Jack's ear and they broke up, and the second time was when Corey held Martha hostage (or whatever you want to call it).

Jodi was also on the cover last year with Mark Furze and Chris Hemsworth, when she was in the car accident. She was also on it a couple weeks back with Mark again.

Can I just say, that alot of people in England love M&J, and we got no publicity for Home & Away. Well, we do get a 6 by 9 cm section in TC mags each week, but thats mostly filled up by a picture! Anyway, what I'm saying is publicity can't have affected us, because we aren't getting any. Most people in England like M&J because thats what we feel, which shows that the characters make us like them, not the magazines.

Archived