Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

N'aww how cute is Jack :wub: Becoming a cop because he wanted to protect Martha.

I've changed my mind now. Alex can go away so JM can get together :P They are just too perfect for each other <3

Great Update, Kaiya. Can't wait for moree :D

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww! I love that little Jack. That Junior Jack. I love him.

And I'm pretty fond of the current Jack. :P He saved himself for her... and she went out and got a boyfriend! Several, actually. What a floozy!

Come on Martha. You know you like him. This Alex sounds like a nancy-boy. Ditch him!

I thought I was mean when I talked about shooting you. At least, I'm not loading my gun yet. I would have to buy one first and learn how to aim. :P

Teenage Jack is such a good friend. :wub: The way he protected Martha and called the police to tell them what her father did was very brave. And he became a cop so he could protect people who went through the same things as Martha. :wub:

Jack is still not over her. He hasn't been with anyone since she left but she had three boyfriends. <_< Her relationships don't seem to last very long, which is a good thing. It means Alex could be gone soon.

I wonder what will happen between Jack and Alex. :unsure:

More please.

I thought I was mean when I talked about shooting you. At least, I'm not loading my gun yet. I would have to buy one first and learn how to aim. :P

Amateur!

I wonder what will happen between Jack and Alex. :unsure:

:o What if they fall in love!? Now that would be a GREAT twist! And it would serve Martha right for bringing him back to the bay (.com). *ba da bum bum ching!* :cool: *bows at applause* :P

Hey hey :)

*Boo's Pengzilla, then runs before she gets me* :lol:! Thanks for the comments again guys!

Enjoyyyy :D

Chapter 14

“You can’t steal your dad’s alcohol Jack”, Martha laughed after hearing his ingenious plan of a fun night while his Dad was away. “As if Luc wouldn’t tell?”

“He’s going to a mate’s house… commmee onn”, he sung happily, trying to sway her with the vodka he had in his hand.

“Alright you got me”, Martha grinned and rolled her eyes. She never needed much convincing when it came causing mishaps.

--45 minutes later--

“God help me there’s two of you”, she gasped, trying to grab hold of him with her hands. “I can even handle the one! Go away other Jack”

“Stop squatting me”, he flinched back away from her intoxicated body. “How did my shirt get wet?”, he suddenly asked, looking at Martha for an answer.

Martha simply stared at the now empty cup in her hand, she could have sworn it was full just before. “I don’t know?”, she giggled.

Jack laughed, pulling his shirt over his head and wiping the remainder of the drink of his chest.

Martha just gazed at him, the alcohol she had consumed was telling her to touch him. Just touch him she thought. “Well okay”, she chuckled to herself before shuffling over towards him. “Soft”, she smirked, running her hand down his torso.

“Forget it Martha. I’m forbidden fruit”, he teased before running off away from her, in search of... well anything to keep him from the drunk mistake that was waiting to happen.

-------------------

“You…!”, she barged back through the living room and into the kitchen where he was. Just blatantly making a cup of coffee for himself.

“Hey Martha… back so soon?”, he ignored her prominent anger towards him as he sat down at the table and continued to drink his coffee. Finding an old newspaper and pretending to flick through it, just so he had somewhere other than her to look.

“Do you have any idea how upset he is at me now?”, her voice rose with frustration.

“Who?”, he glanced at her momentarily before returning his focus to paper.

“Jack!”, she groaned, reaching forward and snatching the paper from his grasp and forcing him to look at her once again. “Will you just talk to me, for once?”

“Fine”, he sighed. “What has you so upset Martha?”, he pushed out a sweet smile.

“Stop acting Jack. I told you I don’t like to talk about my past. So what do you do? You tell him”, she grunted.

Jack couldn’t help but laugh. “Hardly. I told him about me and you”, he shrugged.

“Exactly!”

“I’m not your past babe. I’m your future”, he smirked smartly.

Now it was Martha’s turn to laugh. “Okay that’s fine”, she relaxed herself further into the chair. “It’s you that’s going to suffer”

“How’s that?”, he mumbled, retrieving the paper back from her.

“I doubt I’ll be able to spend ahh… any time with you now”, she lifted her eyebrows, awaiting a response, any response that showed he cared.

After staying silent for a moment. Jack folded up his paper and looked at her intently, as if he was deep in thought. “That won’t stop you”, he scrunched up his nose and smiled cheekily.

“I’m going!”, she groaned, pushing her chair out loudly and not bothering to tuck it back in.

Drinking down the last bit of coffee in his cup, Jack made no move to stop her. “I’ll see you then”, he called out after her, knowing it would rile her up even further.

“For what it’s worth”, she paused wondering if it was worth breaking her promise with Tasha for her own peace of mind. “I’m sorry you waited for me”

------------------------------

At the beach…

Sunlight kissed her skin and tangled through her hair, turning it a golden brown. The wind blew a course of cool air, caressing her warm cheeks and keeping her refreshed.

She sat there quietly, just letting her mind wander, absorbing the beautiful scenery that was the ocean. How she had gone this long without living in this town, being able to unload your thoughts and worries into the waves, was beyond her.

The thought of him over the last two years killed her, what he would have been doing, how he would have been coping. Who was there for him, who did all those little things that only she knew how to do like give him a kiss when he passed the police academy, build up his ego when he wasn’t so sure about his life, who was his rock?

It made her guilty to think she was happy. To think she was actually glad that he hadn’t really been with anyone else.

She was that empty space in the bed next to him. The one that you insensibly reached out to hold. That was her.

And right now, she would do anything to fill that gap.

“Martha”, she heard a familiar voice call out from beside her.

Her feet were gliding through the sand and her long blonde hair was also struggling with the cool breeze.

She gave a small smile to show that she had heard.

“Thought you might be here”, she remarked, sliding herself down on the sand beside her.

“Yeah just… thinking”, Martha said back with a shrug of the shoulders.

“I heard what happened”, Tasha smiled sadly, trying to hide the fact that Jack’s efforts to gain Martha’s attention amused her

“Gloating, was he?”

“No, Robbie told me. I think Alex needed someone to talk to”, she justified that as being the only reason someone would ever go to Robbie with a problem.

Martha rubbed her face with her hands. “You want to know why I lied to Alex in the first place, don’t you?”

“It doesn’t make a lot of sense”, she pointed out.

“Say Robbie told you that just before you two started going out, he had a best friend, a girl best friend. They had known each other for all there lives, grown up with each other and had dated for over 3 years. They had been absolutely and completely in love…”, Martha started, only stopping to make sure Tasha was following. “Okay well say this girl came back into his life, would you want even seeing each other, let along remaining friends?”

Tasha looked down, her fingers drawing small circles into the sand. “Definitely not”, she murmured.

“Yeah”, Martha nodded, feeling completely torn.

“He doesn’t want you to hang around Jack?”, she drew to a conclusion.

Martha sighed. “He knows he can’t stop me but… he doesn’t want me to”

“That’s going to put a lovely spin on things at the wedding”, she chuckled, trying to ease the heavy atmosphere.

“Oh Tash! I’m so sorry, look… all I’ve been talking about is… well me. That stops now”, she smiled, confident that she could do it. “We need to be talking about your dress, flowers, location-”

“Natasha Andrews soon to be Hunter!”, he bellowed from up the beach, ruining their wedding talk completely.

“Jack give it up!”, Tasha groaned in return. “I can see you’re angry, you don’t have to do the ‘whole name’ thing”

“Listen here young lady”, Jack continued to father her. “I’m just doing what I was taught”, he pointed out, the numerous times she had used his full name to rope him into cleaning up was beyond him.

“What’s your problem?”

“I need a word”, he motioned further away, in private.

Tasha turned back to Martha, annoyed that their conversation had been so rudely interrupted. “I’m sorry do you-”

“No it’s okay. There’s Alex heading for us anyway”, she pointed out, silently relieved that she didn’t have to sit awkwardly by herself while the two of them talked, most likely about her.

“This better be good”, Tasha grumbled once they were out of Martha’s ear shot.

“Oh yeah, it’s fantastic. I love it when you tell Martha private things about my life”, he laughed sarcastically before glancing momentarily up at Martha and Alex, who seemed to be in a pretty heated… ‘discussion’.

“Ahh.. what things?”, Tasha asked nervously, her too looking away.

“About my life. About girls, about Martha… seems pretty much everything I’m guessing”, he shrugged. “You had no right”

“She told you!?”, Tasha exclaimed for a moment before realising that blaming this on Martha was simply a lost cause. “I’m sorry, she asked Jack”

“Oh well, that’s alright then”, he rolled his eyes before deciding to walk away from her. It wasn’t really Tasha he was angry at, it was himself, he was embarrassed… but he couldn’t let anyone, especially Martha know that. “But just a tip. If Martha ask’s you anything else. Tell her that maybe she should keep all her focus on her new boyfriend… because lying to him must be a whole lot of work!”

“I think you’ve told her yourself”, she looked back at Martha who had her head down and pretending as if she hadn’t heard a word.

Tasha sighed, sitting herself back down on the soft sand beneath her. She really could have done without that.

“I’m going home”, Alex gritted his teeth, after just listening to Jack’s ‘little outburst’, he really didn’t feel like a day out with his girlfriend anymore.

“Yeah… bye”, Martha muttered only just audible, before returning back to Tasha to sit down where she had been previously.

“He’s just jealous”, Tasha told her.

“No… he’s angry as well”

“You and Alex alright? You guys over the whole argument?”

“It’s on hold… pending further investigation”, she tried to joke, but the uncertainty in her voice preventing that from happening.

“Right… Well, let’s not talk about any of that. Now what were you saying about location and dresses?”

--------------------------------------

2 days later…

“I don’t even know why we had to come out anyway’, Jack moaned for the millionth time that night, agitating all four of them. “Oh I’m sorry, am I ruining your night? It’s bad enough that I’m a third wheel”

“You can’t be a third wheel. There’s 5 of us”, Martha said bluntly, forcing herself to look at him.

“You two don’t count”, he rolled his eyes as if she were stupid.

“Alright!”, Robbie laughed uncomfortably as Alex was about to argue back. “Let’s go get a drink?”, he yanked Jack up from his chair and taking him away from the fight he was practically throwing himself in.

“I’m sorry”, Tasha apologized, mainly to Alex. “He’s just a little…”

“…Drunk”, Martha filled in the missing word.

“Yeah, that’s it”, Tasha went along with her, despite knowing that everyone knew this was not the case.

-------

“He’s got thicker skin than that”, Jack argued with a laugh as Robbie continued to tutor him on the rights and wrongs of casual discussions.

“I don’t care about him. One crack in the head and you’re gone”

“Tell him to meet me outside”, Jack dared him, a small smirk present on his face. “Yeah two beers thanks”, he spoke over the bar to the girl waiting. She looked far too young to be working in a place like this. Her light brown hair was tied neatly at the back of her head. Her light make up was hardly noticeable against her bright brown eyes.

“Sure thing”, she smiled back, heading off to retrieve their drinks.

Jack turned to Robbie, a sly smile playing on his lips.

“No, no, no”, Robbie caught on instantly. “She’s like 16”

“How else am I going to make Martha jealous? Apart from just being my charming self?”

“How do you do that?”, Robbie sighed, taking both his and Jacks drinks and thanking the bartender. “Put a good spin on everything”, he handed Jack his beer.

“It’s what I bring to the table”, Jack shrugged before turning back to the girl behind the bar.

An hour later…

“Hey sexy, can I grab your number”, her tone was soft and inviting as she stood behind him, awaiting his response.

“Ahh… What the, Martha”, his smile soon disappeared as he turned around.

Martha laughed hysterically, telling Jack that she was well and truly drunk. “Yep I’m not quite the girl you were hoping for was I?”, she giggled.

“No, the girl I knew ditched me two years ago, only to come back with her douche of a boyfriend… Oh wait. That is you”, he scanned the room in sight for any jealous boyfriends before moving closer towards her.

“I didn’t ditch you”, she placed her hand lightly on his chest, decreasing the space between them.

“Alright. Alex is still a douche though”

“Well, you’re twice the douche he’ll ever be”, she grinned widely.

Jack returned her gesture. “Thankyou”, he said, taking her insult as a compliment.

“I would’ve thought you’d be off with some half-witted tramp by now”

“I was waiting for you”, he began to chug his next beer down.

“Such a wisecrack”, she laughed sarcastically and slapped him teasingly on the arm, causing him to spill the remainder of his drink, mind you it was not a lot.

“Where’s your girlfriend?”, he spoke up. Not bothering to start a conflict over the liquid he was now cleaning up off himself.

“Oh ha ha Jack. Alex’s a girl. Funny. You really are bringing out all the good ones”

“I could go much worse”, he objected casually. Glancing up he noticed Robbie and Tasha in the middle of the club, wrapped up in each others arms. He envied them so much, so carefree and in love.

“So are we going to talk about it or what?”, Martha’s shrill voice pierced through his ears on top of the music.

“I think we’ve pretty much covered it. Alex is a woman, let’s move on”

Martha ignored him. She had to. If Jack had it his way, all their conversations would consist of jokes and insults. “You waited for me”, she said and his smile soon fell.

“Why. Why do you care?”, he scoffed. “If I tell you I did then will you drop Alex for me?”

Martha dropped her head. She so wanted to say yes. Her heart wanted to say yes… her body craved to say yes. But then… their was her head. Her head was screaming, so loud that she could barely hear her heart and body’s wants. Her head was screaming no.

“See?”, Jack laughed, a part of him had actually hoped for better. “So why the hell do you want to know?”

“Because!”, she suddenly objected. “I don’t need a reason, I just do”

“Well that’s too bad. You should have thought about that before you left”, he propped his beer on the table beside him before walking away from her.

“At least I didn’t cheat on you. You ass”, she yelled out after him.

Jack stopped. Did she really just accuse him of that? “You’re calling me a cheater?”

“You are”

“That’s funny. I distinctly remember you breaking up with me first”, he pretended to think about it.

“Physically, we were broken up, you’re right. But emotionally, I was no where near ready to end our relationship”, tears began to form in the corner of her eyes. ‘Damn alcohol’, she cursed mentally. She didn’t want to have to wipe away any tears tonight.

“I’m not even going to get into this again. You know I’m sorry. I don’t know what else you expect from me”

Martha sighed. What did she expect from him? She didn’t even know. “I-”

“Sorry got caught up in the line for the toilet. Seriously, you’d think guys could pee quicker… are you okay?”, Alex ended his rant as he saw the glisten of tears in her eyes.

Noticing Jack’s presence, he immediately shot him a dirty look, as if to warn him off her.

“You need something? Camera maybe?”, he queried. Annoyed at the amount of time he was spending just glaring at him.

Alex ignored Jack, turning back to Martha. “You okay?”

“Just take me home please”

---------------------------------

Next Chapter: Martha and Jack get tricked into talking :P

Archived