Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey JM’ers :D

Thanks for all your comments!! :lol:

Enjoy ^_^

Warning: Contains minor swearing. And reference to... you know!

Chapter 10

“Awww gross!”, Martha squealed as she tried to hide her eyes from the TV screen. “Why do they do that?”

“My mum and dad do it!”, Jack’s eyes grew wide in embarrassment.

“That’s disgusting”, Martha replied with the roll of the eyes. She peaked out of the corner of her eyes to make sure it was safe before removing her hands from her face.

“What’s disgusting?”, Tony peered into the lounge room where the two kids were seated watching a movie.

Jack glanced up at his father. “What you and mum do when I’m not looking… kiss”, he pretended to gag.

“One day…”, Tony laughed. “I’m going to remind you of what you’re saying”

Jack and Martha continued to look up at Tony with a confused look on both their faces.

“Ew. I hope I never do that”, Jack cut back in.

Tony continued to laugh as he kneeled in front of them. “Don’t be silly. One day you two will kiss”, he teased, pushing the pair together cheekily.

They both jumped away from each other instantly, disgust written all over their faces. “Please don’t”, Jack protected his mouth with his hand.

“Why would I want to kiss you”, she screwed up her face.

“Because I’m great”, he quickly objected. “But that’s not the point…”

-------------------

She lay snugly in his arms, wrapped up in the warmth of the sheets on his bed. She had missed his room a great deal. Glancing down at him she couldn’t help but let out a small laugh. Though asleep, his eyes looked dark and tired while his mouth hung open slightly. They had stayed up most the night just talking about everything.

She cursed herself for falling into bed with him though; she knew that wasn’t a smart move on her part, even if they did end up back together.

Jack stirred slightly. Opening his eyes he came face to face with her. Her blue eyes piercing into him intently.

A moment after his eyes opened, Martha shot up out of bed, only stopping to collect the clothes that were pulled off her the night before.

“Where are you going?”, Jack yawned as he watched her desperately trying to protect her modesty as she put her clothes back on.

“Home”, she stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world which, the more Jack thought about it, probably was.

“Last night has freaked you out”, he guessed as the reason she was all of a sudden leaving. “It did didn’t it!”, he pushed her after failing to receive a response.

“I just… I have to go”, she continued to ignore him.

Jack sighed as he stood up in front of Martha. “No… you don’t”

“I have to go”, she repeated again, this time looking him directly in the eyes.

Jack just stared back at her, hoping she would crack under the pressure and just let herself fall back in his arms.

She found her head tilting slowly towards his. Inch by inch she could feel herself getting closer. She knew she should stop, pull away now before her lips even grazed his… but she couldn’t.

His lips crashed down onto hers and she immediately enveloped her arms around him tightly.

“Jack”, she whispered after pulling away slightly. She could feel his warm breath tickling her face as he gazed at her. “This doesn’t just change everything”

“I know”, he answered, exhaling slowly.

Satisfied that he understood, she slowly pulled away from him in search of her top again, the only thing she hadn’t managed to find before he stopped her. “I’ll come round and see you later… after work”, she said as a small smile played on her lips, something which made Jack think that conversation would go a lot better than he had thought.

She fumbled with her top for a couple of seconds before swiftly yanking it over her head and walking out the room.

---------------------------------

Emma’s house…

“What the hell were you thinking!?”, Jack hissed as soon as she closed the door of her room.

Emma just stood there, clearly amused by Jack’s distress.

“I’m serious. If you weren’t a girl I’d-”

“Hit me?”, she laughed.

Jack felt his fists clench at the sides of him. He was never going to hit her, he knew that. He just needed to hit something.

“Martha need’s to wake up to herself. That girl has some serious problems”

“Says the girl who can’t even get a guy to like her”, he scoffed.

“I got you”, she smirked.

“That’s what you think”, he said as she slumped down onto her bed. He could tell she was trying her best to look nice, but Jack couldn’t of found her less appealing if he tried.

“You were nothing”, he said harshly. “You need to let it go. You are nowhere near good enough, even for me”

Emma stood to his level. “And who is Jack? Martha?”, she laughed as she looked at him ridiculously.

“No”, Jack shook his head. Emma looked intrigued. “She’s… amazing”, he smirked as his mind fell back to Martha again.

“Then why does she care so much about a guy like you?”

“A guy like me?”

Emma moved forward, closing in any gap that was between them and stared at him suspiciously. “If Martha’s way too good for you, then why the hell is she with you”

“Like I said”, Jack stepped away from her abruptly. “Amazing”, he laughed once more before suddenly leaving.

Emma just stood back, a bit shocked at his sudden change of attitude towards… well everything.

-----------------------------------

That night…

“Bye Tony”, Martha waved him off as she headed for her car. She had driven it to work because she knew after the long shift she had that day that she wouldn’t want to be driving home. Plus it was getting pretty late… and after all those horror films Jack had made her watch, she would rather not take her chances.

“Oi Martha”, her body shuddered as she heard her voice. She could hear her shuffling towards her but refused to turn around.

“What, back for more?”, Martha sighed sarcastically as she hopped into the drivers seat of the car fully intending to drive off as soon as she possibly could.

“Well…”, Emma pretended to contemplate for a second. “No… more of a confession really”

“There’s a church up the road”, Martha cut in bluntly.

Emma scowled at Martha’s comment.

“Did you seriously think that I’d want to hear anything you have to say?”

“Definitely”, she answered back smartly.

Martha rolled her eyes. “Well in that case… I’ve had you all wrong”

“Is that right?”

“Oh yeah”, Martha went along with it nodding. “I would have thought you were a lot smarter. Stupid me”, she tapped her head lightly as she laughed.

“You know what. You aren’t even worth it”, Emma spat back at her as she turned to walk away.

“Emma! Wait… wait”, Martha called out to her sounding genuine.

Emma stopped in her tracks before turning around only to have a satisfied smile on her face.

Martha grinned. “The whore house is that way”, she pointed out to the opposite direction to which Emma was walking.

Martha could practically see the steam charging out of Emma’s ears as she struggled to keep her distance. “I know how you girls get lost”, she shrugged with a smile as if she were helping.

“Actually it happens quite a lot”, Emma suddenly laughed as she gradually walked closer to Martha. “I think it was just yesterday that I found myself in a foreign house”

“I thought that was part of the job”, Martha quipped.

“Stop me if it sounds familiar”, Emma gestured with her hand. “Ahh house number… 33 I think? It’s white and the guy I slept with had a-”

“Slept with!?”, Martha nearly choked on her own words.

“Oh sorry. You know him?”

“You stupid bi-”

“I seem to remember it wasn’t only me involved”, she raised her hand to her chest as she tried to defend herself.

“I'm going to fu-”

“Calm down Martha”, she stopped her again. “It was only once”

“That makes it better… thanks”, she said before mumbling something much worse on to the end of that sentence under her breath.

“Wow. Thought you’d be clawing more eyes out by now”, Emma arched her eyebrows in surprise.

“I couldn't give the slightest sh*t about you”, Martha gritted her teeth before shoving the keys she was holding into the ignition and driving off.

-----------------------------

Half an hour later…

“Jack are you sure that’s all it was”, the officer at the hospital asked repeatedly.

“Yes”, he groaned for the last time. “I have been drinking and I just… well, I didn’t see the wall”, he shrugged before glaring over at Martha who was seated in the corner. Her arms crossed tightly across her front as she refused to look at him.

“I’m sorry sir but… you don’t seem intoxicated”, he then enquired.

“Splitting your head open and getting 4 stitches will do that to you”, he sighed. “Is that all?”

The two officers standing in the room nodded before exiting.

“I hope it hurts”, Martha called out from where she was sitting, still not turning her eyes towards him.

“Thanks”, he replied sarcastically. “You are so considerate”

“Oh, so you know what that means”, she laughed as her hands continued to fiddle with the fibres poking out of the scarf she had draped over her shoulders.

“I’m not arguing about this with you again Martha. I have enough injuries for tonight”, he remarked smartly.

“It slipped”

Jack shook his head as he tried to remain calm with her. “You threw a photo frame at me”, he reminded her. “Not to mention a porcelain one”

“I know Jack, I bought it”, she mocked him before getting up and walking out of the room. “… and how was I supposed to know that the corner would hit you?”

“I thought it slipped?”, he mused, walking a safe distance behind her to the car.

“Yeah that too”

After fiddling with the locks about 20 times, much to Martha’s amusement, she finally let Jack in the car.

“This time, watch where you’re going”, he warned her as he buckled his seat belt. “Just because you don’t want to look at me, doesn’t mean that you can ignore all traffic on your left”

“Alright wise one”, she exaggerated. “Why don’t you walk home then?”

“Not happening”

Ten minutes later…

“Get out”, she tapped on the steering wheel frustrated as she waited for him to leave.

Jack sighed as he rubbed the back of his head that he was sure was now also bruised from the sudden impact of stopping.

“Do you really want me to have to force you out?”, she raised her voice as he refused to leave.

“No. Please, no more physical contact”, he held up his hands in surrender.

“Trust me. That’s not going to be an issue… ever again”, she assured him. She couldn’t even look at him let alone touch him.

“I’m so sorry Martha”, he apologized causing her to look away even more. “I stuffed up”

“You sure did”, he heard her say and he now knew why she had completely turned away. He could hear it in her voice.

“Please don’t cry”, he tried to reach out for her but her hand immediately flinched away from his touch.

“I’m not”, she lied as a tear fell onto her arm and she quickly tried to wipe it clean.

“I wish there was something I could do”, he said, his voice brimming with guilt and concern.

Jack’s heart broke into two as she finally turned to look at him. Her cheeks were coloured red, strained with tears and he was pretty sure that the mascara she had applied this morning was not were it was supposed to be.

“I think you’ve done enough”, she stopped him and he realised he wasn’t going to get anywhere talking with her tonight.

As Jack got out of the car, he stopped himself from closing the door, leaning down to her level once more. “I’ll leave you alone for a bit”, he said, deciding it was the best option for both of them.

“Not necessary”, Martha shook her head softly. “I won’t be here tomorrow”

Jack jumped back in surprise as Martha ignored the open door and sped off down the street. He didn’t know whether he should run after her or not. Hell, he didn’t even know if she was serious.

--------------------------

I would just like to say spot on to Barbara who guessed what Jack had done. I guess it was a little bit obvious hey? :D

“Awww gross!”, Martha squealed as she tried to hide her eyes from the TV screen. “Why do they do that?”

“My mum and dad do it!”, Jack’s eyes grew wide in embarrassment.

“That’s disgusting”, Martha replied with the roll of the eyes. She peaked out of the corner of her eyes to make sure it was safe before removing her hands from her face.

“What’s disgusting?”, Tony peered into the lounge room where the two kids were seated watching a movie.

Jack glanced up at his father. “What you and mum do when I’m not looking… kiss”, he pretended to gag.

“One day…”, Tony laughed. “I’m going to remind you of what you’re saying”

Jack and Martha continued to look up at Tony with a confused look on both their faces.

“Ew. I hope I never do that”, Jack cut back in.

Tony continued to laugh as he kneeled in front of them. “Don’t be silly. One day you two will kiss”, he teased, pushing the pair together cheekily.

They both jumped away from each other instantly, disgust written all over their faces. “Please don’t”, Jack protected his mouth with his hand.

“Why would I want to kiss you”, she screwed up her face.

“Because I’m great”, he quickly objected. “But that’s not the point…”

Why did I think Jack had seen his parents do more than kissing? :ph34r:

That childhood memory is just so funny and cute. :wub: I would have loved to see that on TV.

The part in bold made me laugh. Jack was already bigheaded back then. Lol.

I was right about Emma ruining everything. :( I HATE her.

Loved Martha when she was talking to Emma. Go girl!

:o I can't believe she threw a porcelain frame towards him. I knew she was going to be angry but I didn't think she would actually hurt him. Well maybe I thought she would slap him but I didn't expect Jack to need stitches.

I have the feeling Jack is going to have a very hard time getting back in Martha's good books.

I would just like to say spot on to Barbara who guessed what Jack had done. I guess it was a little bit obvious hey?

I was just wondering what secret would Emma know and would infuriate Martha. That's the only thing I came up with. I wish I was wrong though. <_<

More please.

:o I can't believe she threw a porcelain frame towards him. I knew she was going to be angry but I didn't think she would actually hurt him. Well maybe I thought she would slap him but I didn't expect Jack to need stitches.

It will be explained more in the next chapter or so but I assure you, it was an accident :P Martha's just really angry... and stubborn :lol:

Thanks for your comments guys :D

Archived