Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

Story Title: Learn To Let Go.

Type of story: Medium to Long fic.

Main Characters: Jack, Martha, Tasha etc.. New Characters to come into it.

BTTB rating: G/T

Genre: Romance, Drama.

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Language. Reference to abuse. I don't think there will be any sexual content, i will warn if there is.

Summary: Jack and Martha have been best friends for years. But are now together. They are in there last year of high school. Martha lives with Sally because of what has happened in her past, she has been living with them for 3 years now. Jack lives with his Dad and Lucas...

What happens when all you ever know is each other? And what happens when you step outside that circle?

Hello trusty J/Mers

:).. and anyone else for that matter!

So I totally lied when I said 1 to 2 weeks, (I know, boo me ^_^). But I had the whole day off so I thought, why not?

Oh and just to be clear. At the start of every chapter, it’s a memory from when they were little!

Hope you guys like this!

Enjoy :lol:

Chapter 1

“Do you think we’ll stay friends… always?”, she asked the 4 year old with beaming eyes. Her tone hopeful and relaxed.

He looked at her perplexed. “Why wouldn’t we?”

“You might find new friends”, she stated obviously.

“No I won’t”, he answered annoyed. “Are you finding new friends?”, he quickly asked.

“Maybe”, she smiled cheekily, causing him to frown. “But you’ll always be my best one”, she whispered happily.

-------------------

“Wake upp”, he called out loudly as he entered her room.

Her response was a groan. Every morning, every single morning he would wake her up. Anyone would think he was excited for school. Not her, well... not in the morning anyway.

Being in your last year of school, didn’t help either. It was hard and it was long...

“Come on”, he laughed, nudging her neck with his lips, which then caused her to laugh aswell.

“Alright”, she whispered, her voice still in sleep mode. “But you’re going to have to carry me to school”

“Haa. Yeah okay. Go have a shower, quick”, he said. Realising the time.

When she failed to move Jack moved forward, grabbing her legs in one go and flinging her over his shoulder.

“Hey”, she yelled, clinging to him as tightly as she possibly could.

“Alright now wash”, he said happily once he got her into the shower.

“With my clothes on?”, she asked him ridiculously.

Jack smirked. “Oh you want me to take them off too do you?”, he laughed. “I think it’s a little early for that, maybe later w-”

“Oh get out”, she cut him off. Pushing him harshly out of the door and closing it quickly behind him.

“I don’t know what I see in you Jack Holden!”, he then heard her call out.

“Everything babe, everything”, he called back smartly.

---------------------------

“Psssst”, he whispered across to her. The teacher was sitting at his desk reading so he took it as an opportunity to talk to her.

Martha turned and smiled at him, letting him know she was listening.

“I forgot to tell you…”, he started. “I’ve got footy trials tomorrow”, he smiled proudly.

“Aww that’s great”, she hushed back. “You’ll get on the team, don’t worry”

“I hope so”, he responded unsurely before grabbing her hand tenderly.

“You will”, she said once more with a little smile. “I’m glad they’re tomorrow anyway… Me and Tash are going shopping”

“Oh damn. I’m so sorry I’m going to miss that”

“I know, me too! I mean, who’s going to hold all our bags?”, she joked.

“Ha ha”, he poked his tongue out at her cheekily.

“Oi”, A hand crashed down with a thud on Jack’s table.

“Sorry sir”, they both immediately said in unison.

“Get Back to work or I’ll move the both of you”, he said sternly causing them both to roll their eyes in frustration. Martha really didn’t like him. He knew everything about her, everything. She felt as if he would always have something over her and she hated it. It was bad enough that she had to go through what she did, she never wanted him to know.

His daughter’s in her and Jack’s year and… let’s just say they’re not close friends. She snobs Martha every chance she get’s. Her and her so called ‘friends’. It was hard knowing that her Dad knew her secret. He could tell her at anytime and it would be around the school within a second. But luckily he hadn’t.

So that’s why she always tried to be good around him, because she couldn’t let that happen…

---------------------------

Later that day…

“We still going shopping tomorrow?”, Tasha asked her friend happily.

“Sure are”, Martha agreed. “Jack’s got footy so it’ll just be you and me”

“Oh no bag carrier?”, she pouted sadly.

“That’s what I said”, she responded as the both of them broke into fits of laughter.

“I’m kind of glad actually”, Tasha continued. “We haven’t hung out in ages!”

“Sure we have!”, Martha butted in defensively.

“…without Jack?”, she smiled knowingly.

“Alright alright…”, Martha surrendered. She knew she was right, but she loved it. She loved the fact that she always had him with her. To be honest… she loved him.

“Wake up”, Tasha clicked her fingers in front of her face causing her to jump a bit. “What were you thinking about?”, she then laughed.

“Nothing”, she quickly covered up. “Just… nothing”, she blushed, not being able to come up with an excuse.

“Bull!”, Tasha smirked. “Just cause you’re all lovey dovey, doesn’t mean you can hide it from me”, she pointed out, whacking Martha on the arm at the same time.

“I wasn’t”, Martha objected quickly. “I’m not anything with Jack…”

“What’s it been?”, she raised her hand to her chin, pretending to think. “3 years now?””

“Wow it has!”, Martha said surprised. She’s never known life without Jack. She’s known him for as long as she could remember, so when they started going out, it was kind of like everything had fallen into place.

Things were how they were supposed to be…

“You’re doing it again”, Tasha yelled out to her before laughing.

“Woops”, Martha gave an uneasy expression. She really should stop…

“Anyway, what are you up to this afternoon?”, she changed the subject finally.

“Well…”, Martha thought for a second. “No plans?”, she smiled. “Beach?”

“Ahh will Jack mind?”, she raised her eyebrows suspiciously.

“No”, Martha almost laughed at the thought of it. “Even if he did, he’d get over it”, she reached out and grabbed her friend by the hand.

“Come on!”

-

Two hours later…

-

“Well, well, well”, he stood over them as they were trying to get some sun. “What do we have here?”

“Jackk!”, Martha exclaimed, clearly frustrated.

“You’re blocking our sun!”, Tasha then cut in before smiling smartly.

“How dare I!?”, Jack gasped, pretending to care.

He looked down at his girlfriend. It was taking him all his willpower not to do anything else.

“Got a good look?”, she broke his thoughts suddenly before sitting up and chucking on a T-shirt.

“No”, he shook his head adamantly. “My place?”

“Gross guys”, he looked down to see Tasha’s hands shove against her eyes in an attempt to block out their conversation.

Jack just smiled as he looked back to Martha and gave her a knowing wink.

“Seriously?”, she looked at him stupidly.

“Oh yes…”, he grinned mischievously.

“My god”, Tasha’s voice called out once more.

“You can walk us home”, she decided. She didn’t want to make Tasha feel like a third wheel so going home was probably the best thing to do.

“Thankyou!”, Tasha chirped in again before standing up and grabbing her stuff. Her and Martha then started to walk up the beach until Martha stopped, turning to see a still Jack standing there…

“Coming?”, she smirked as she held her hand out for him to grab.

Immediately, he latched on to her hand and began to walk up the beach with Tasha shortly ahead of them.

“You’re not really just going home are you?”, he whispered in his ear as he wrapped his arm around her waste securely.

“Yes”, she laughed at his persistence. “It’s one afternoon Jack. I’m sure you’ll live”

----------------------------

10 minutes later

“How do you always get what you want?”, Martha shook her head, dumbfounded, as she lay beside him in his bed. His sheet’s the only thing covering her.

“I don’t. It's only when you want it too”, he poked her playfully in the chest.

Martha smiled before shrugging. He knew she did, so what was the point in lying? Leaning into him closer, she let her lips linger on his for a second before he captured them in a soft kiss.

“I love you”, he said sincerely. Only over the past few months had they started saying that to each other. They had always loved each other for as long as they had known, but now they were sure.

“And I love you”, she whispered before taking her hand and running it gently through his hair.

“I wish you could stay the night”, he sighed as he gazed into her eyes.

“Me too”, she squeezed his hand tightly. “But”, she stopped as she kissed him softly on his temple and jumped out of bed, pulling the sheet with her. “I have to go before your Dad and Luc get back”

“Oi”, he sat up as soon as she pulled the sheet off him. “You could have given me some warning”, he scolded her lightly before grabbing his boxers and chucking them on.

“I like to tease you”, she screwed up her nose and eyebrows in attempt to humour him.

“Just stay for a bit longer…”, he pleaded as he slipped his hands around her stomach so that he was hugging her from behind.

“And what will we say when your Dad get’s back?”, she tilted her head back to look at him. “Oh sorry Tony. We really had too, you see, your son just can’t keep it in his pants!”

“Me!?”

“Well I wouldn’t say me”, she giggled as she tried to find her clothes that had been discarded recklessly on the floor.

He watched as she reached for her top and grabbed her hand securely to stop her picking it up. He then pulled her up so that she was eye level with him.

Smoothing out her ruffled hair, he found a stray piece hanging loosely down her face and tucked it carefully behind her ear, not once breaking their eye contact.

She looked into his eyes, being careful not to get too lost in them, she knew she had to go, but she didn’t want to…

He leant down and rested his forehead against hers, his breath tickling her face and making her shiver.

His hand looped around her as he started to play with the soft skin on her back. Tracing his fingers up and down the small of her back as a small smile formed at the corner of her mouth.

Her eyes leapt back and forth from his lips and his eyes. How did he have such a hold over her? This aching effect that made her stay?

Her lips crashed against his within an instant. Sometimes, that’s all it ever takes…

--------------------------------

“Crap!”, she muttered as soon as she realised where she was. Still at Jacks… She must of fallen asleep after… well after… actually, it doesn’t matter, she thought to herself.

She quietly slipped out of bed. She was not, under any circumstances, waking him up. She’d be living there if he had his way.

She crept softly onto his floor as she found all her pieces of clothing and started to redress.

She turned to look at him once she was fully clothed. He was lying there, sound asleep so… what was the word?

Oh yeah, conniving!

Before she left she grabbed a bit of paper and a pen out of his bag and scribbled down a note for him when he woke up, god he frustrated her sometimes.

Not being able to resist herself though, she leant down over Jack and pressed her lips gently against his head, being sure not to wake him.

Because no matter how conniving he was, she still loved him.

------------------------------

Pulling himself out of bed in a daze, Jack realised that she had already gone.

He sighed. One day he wished he could wake up next to her…

As he stopped to put on a shirt he noticed a bit of paper sitting on his bedside table. He picked it up and inside was a note from Martha…

You are unbelievable!

Jack smiled to himself before deciding to go get some dinner. What a compliment?

“Thanks…”, he said smugly to himself.

-------------------------------

Next Chapter: How does footy training go for Jack? Good or Bad :unsure:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As he stopped to put on a shirt he noticed a bit of paper sitting on his bedside table. He picked it up and inside was a note from Martha…

You are unbelievable!

Jack smiled to himself before deciding to go get some dinner. What a compliment?

Haha I loved that bit :P

JM are so cuuuuute :wub:

Update soon :)

*shocked face* A new JM fic! :D *squeals*

Hello trusty J/Mers .. and anyone else for that matter!

So I totally lied when I said 1 to 2 weeks, (I know, boo me). But I had the whole day off so I thought, why not?

Hello to you too! :D

I don't mind you posting your fics earlier than announced. I like that kind of lies. :P I wouldn't have liked if you had said you would post this fic in 1 or 2 weeks and then made us wait for a year.

“Do you think we’ll stay friends… always?”, she asked the 4 year old with beaming eyes. Her tone hopeful and relaxed.

He looked at her perplexed. “Why wouldn’t we?”

“You might find new friends”, she stated obviously.

“No I won’t”, he answered annoyed. “Are you finding new friends?”, he quickly asked.

“Maybe”, she smiled cheekily, causing him to frown. “But you’ll always be my best one”, she whispered happily.

That's so sweet! :wub: I love the idea of putting some of their childhood memories at the start of each chapter.

He sighed. One day he wished he could wake up next to her…

You are unbelievable!

:lol:

The waking up next to her better happen some day.

More please.

Hello JMer here! Once a JM. Always a JM fan! Hey that should a JM motto??? Anways, back on topic! Damn I love the fic :D :D I hope Jack & Martha do end up together always and forever.. *dreams*

I really loved the shopping carrier joke :P:lol:

Archived