Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martha just broke Jack's heart. *angry face* If Jack needs someone to talk to or a girlfriend, he can call me. :wink:

I have a feeling Martha will regret this. What if Jack meets someone new (maybe someone whose name start with a 'B' and ends with an 'A' :P) and moved on? :unsure:

“I ahh… I had to turn her down earlier on, there’s just too many women and not enough of the Robbie to go around, not with you babe”, he winked with a smirk.

“Be careful”, Tasha warned. “If you keep this up, there will be plenty of ‘the Robbie’ to go around… understand?”

“Perfectly”, Robbie grimaced.

Robbie! :lol:

Alex is coming back. <_< Hopefully, he'll leave after she told him everything.

More please.

Oh guys, your comments entertain me :rolleyes:

That’s probably why I’m updating so soon! *gasps* Shock horror, I’m pretttttty bored atm.

Anyway, Peng… if things don’t end up panning out for good old JnM in this fic, I will be sure to direct him your way! But then again, there's Barbara. Who is probably a safer choice... :P

And Zetti, Why would you care, i thought you weren't commenting? *pokes tongue out*

:lol:

Thanks for your comments guys! Enjoy.

Chapter 18

She snuggled further into him, enjoying every second of the time she spent with him. Her body was wound in between his, so that almost every part of there bodies were in contact.

He leant down and placed a tender kiss on her temple, sending flutters up her spine. “What did we even do before this?”, he mumbled into her hair.

“I don’t know, but it was definitely not as good as this”, she murmured back with a smile.

His fingers curled underneath her chin so, lifting it gently so that their faces were merely inches apart.

Martha’s nose screwed up into a cute smile, causing Jack to laugh quietly and completely wrecking the romantic moment.

His laughter stop as she placed her lips on his, peppering kisses softly on his lips.

“Are you going to be able to tear yourself away from all the girls you are so convinced are chasing after you”, she mocked as she raised one eyebrow.

Jack smiled, leaning down and kissing her passionately, causing her to loose her breath. “As long as I’ve got you, I don’t care about anything else”

“What movie did you get that line off?”, she giggled before rolled on top of her, placing playful kisses down her cheek and neck.

-------------------

“So are you sure you like the dresses?”, Tasha asked again. She couldn’t help but stress, this was the most important day of her life she was planning, she wanted everyone to be happy.

Martha smiled. “Absolutely”

“Alright, Good… Robbie!”, she called out as they entered her house, her hands full of dresses and suits. “I’ve got the…”, she paused mid sentence when she realised that Martha was no longer following her, instead she stayed frozen in the doorway

“Martha…”

“I think I’ll just…”, she stopped as Jack stepped into her line of view, just hanging in the kitchen like he didn’t know what to do. “…bye”, Martha quickly waved and bolted out of sight.

Tasha turned around, quickly. “Jack! You really need to go back to work”, she sighed before placing all her stuff on the couch and heading into the kitchen.

“It’s Sunday. God’s day”, he grumbled in an effort to be left alone.

“Well I think you need to go over and talk to Martha”, Tasha said, leaning herself over the kitchen bench so Jack couldn’t look away from her.

“You and I both know that I am not going to do that”, Jack gave a fake smile before straightening his face once again.

“She told me what happened”, Tasha decided to be honest, there was no way she could even try to talk to Jack if she had to pretend that she knew nothing.

Jack rolled his eyes. “Did she give you the whole ‘lost identity’ hooha”

“What? No, come on Jack”, Tasha pushed him over towards the couch, forcing him to sit down.

“Oh, well… you’re lucky. It really wasn’t that interesting”, Jack groaned before kicking his feet up on the single couch he was on.

“You’re being a jerk”, Tasha pointed out. “I mean, I know why you’re being a jerk, I really do. But one of you is going to have to sort this out before 2 days time! Because if I have to walk down that isle with you two death staring each other, not to mention the tears I would most likely have to clean up at the end of the night! Well, I’ll kill you both”

Jack pushed himself up and leant forward towards Tasha. “There will be no tears or death stares because I am not going any where near her”, Jack decided.

Tasha feigned happiness. “Yes, that is absolutely correct… except for in the car”

“What!?”

“And when you both walk down the isle and when the bridal party have to dance”, she tried to whisper the last bit so it didn’t seem that much.

“Tash! No way. I’m going to be there, trust me, I wouldn’t miss it for the world but… no”, Jack rose to his feet, standing his ground.

Tasha groaned. She had had enough, there was no way around this. “Okay”, she huffed, standing to Jack’s level and grabbing both his arms so he couldn’t back away. “For the next couple of seconds, I’m going to sound like a b*tch. And I’m just letting you know, that I’m aware of that, because I just told you off for being a jerk. But I’ll sum this up really quickly for you okay? My day. My rules. You’ll both ride to the wedding together, you’ll grab her hand and walk down the isle and then you’ll have a quick dance with her. You’ll chat and make small talk and you’ll have the biggest grin plastered across your face. Alright?”

Jack failed to wriggle out of her grasp. “Tash I really don’t think…”

“I’m not asking you, I’m just making sure you understand?”, she spoke motherly towards him, eyeing him harshly.

Jack sighed. “I do”

“And I know that this hasn’t solved anything. I realise that, but this is way too much for me to fix and still have time to worry about Mine and Robbie’s wedding. I mean, seriously! I’m getting married!”, she allowed herself to begin freaking out. She had been so focused on trying to solve Jack and Martha’s problems that she hadn’t allowed the usual pre-wedding jitters that every bride should expect.

Jack immediately softened towards her, pulling her into a tight hug. “You’re going to make an amazing bride”, he said softly.

“Thankyou, really”, Tasha smiled genuinely. “You know I love you both Jack… that’s what makes this so hard”

Jack nodded understandably. “You know, this is twice in one day I’ve been continuously cut off by a girl. It’s not great for the ego”

----------------------------

Later that afternoon…

Jack strolled slowly down the beach, just brewing in his own very complicated thoughts. He missed her, so much that he didn’t know how to handle it… and now that she had made her feelings incredibly clear to him, what else could he do but move forward? He just knew that he couldn’t do that until she went home, away from him. Because no matter how much it hurt him, he would never be able to move on with her around.

“Oi Jack!”, he heard a guys voice call out from behind him.

Jack groaned as he turned and faced the culprit. “Hey… Alex, didn’t know you were back today?”, he faked the most pathetic smile he could muster.

“Yeah well, came back early? Sorry if that is an inconvenience for you”, Alex answered back smartly, much to Jack’s surprise.

Jack scrunched up his face in bewilderment. “What are you talking about?”

“I know about you and Martha. What happened to there was nothing going on between you two?”, Alex asked accusingly. He was getting worked up and Jack could see it, he had seen it way too many times before.

“I don’t actually remember saying that”, Jack shrugged, he wasn’t going to fold under the pressure… and he wasn’t going to give into him over something this stupid.

Alex laughed. “Do you think that even makes the slightest difference?”

“Apparently not”, Jack rolled his eyes.

“You know, you’re awfully smug for a guy who’s about to get one in the face”

“One in the wha-”, Jack was cut off as his face came into a collision with Alex’s fist. He could feel his skin break open from the impact. “What the-”, Jack didn’t even have time to react when Alex had punched him again. Breaking open another part of his face. “Fuc… you know what? You’re not even worth it”, Jack stepped away from him as he raised his hand to his face. The touch of his fingers to his open wound stung and he could feel the blood dripping down his face.

“Good. Gives me a chance to get another punch in”, Alex replied smartly before lunging at him again, hitting him in the same spot as the last.

Jack couldn’t believe the nerve of this guy. He was definitely on some sort of mission. One thing was for sure, a guy like this… had no business hanging around Martha. Not after everything she’d been through.

“You’re pretty clever hey?”, Jack managed a laugh, although his face was now pounding from the force.

Before Alex even had a chance to gloat, Jack equalled it out by landing one square in his face. “Stay away from me… and you better stay away from Martha. You go anywhere near her and I swear to god you’ll regret it”, he warned him. He had been fair up until now, but it was about 3 punches too many for his liking.

“Is that a threat?”, Alex mumbled through his cut lip.

Jack scoffed before laughing. “I don’t know, we’ll see won’t we”

----------------------------------------

Jack’s place…

“Jack what the hell have you done…”, Martha stopped in her tracks as Jack came bolting out of his room.

“What!? Martha are you okay? Did he touch you?”, Jack started firing off questions, completely ignoring her trance. He didn’t care about anything that had been said between them previously, he was just so relieved that she was there in front of him, seemingly in one piece.

After his little encounter with Alex, he had gone straight to find Martha. Only to become completely freaked out with worry when he couldn’t find her… anywhere.

Martha couldn’t believe what she was seeing, half of Jack’s face was covered in blood and bruises.“No… but he did more than touch you”, she whispered, walking forward and grabbing the damp washer out of Jack’s hands, closely examining his face.

“Yeah I’m sorry I hit him… I let him get three punches in if that’s any consolation”, he smiled meekly.

Martha’s stomach dropped. “Jack! Sit down”, she ordered him to the stool by the kitchen bench as she begun wiping at his face. The wounds worse than what she had thought.

“You’re not angry?”, Jack enquired, noticing her obvious care.

“I am. Really, really, extremely angry. But not at you”, she explained. “Alex…”, she had to grit her teeth to even say his name. “…Alex told me that you started the fight, and stupid me jumped at the first opportunity to put some of the blame on you”, she shook her head, showing how stupid she thought she was.

“Martha Mackenzie’s finally admitting something? That last punch to the head must have done more damage than I thought…”, Jack looked up at her cheekily as he laughed.

Martha laughed before turning serious once more. “He had no right to come anywhere near you”

“Yeah a little heads up would have been nice”, Jack quietly admitted, not wanting to anger her.

Martha raised her eyebrows as she shuffled back a bit. “You think I knew he was back?”

“How else would he have known about… you know”, Jack muttered, not wanting to get into it again.

Martha sighed as she realised his confusion. “Oh that? No, that was the famous work of Colleen Smart. That rumour got to him real quick hey?”

“Turns out her rumor wasn't quite so false huh?”, he said with a laugh, but soon noticed Martha's discomfort. “Look I’m sorry about earlier with…”

Martha smiled. “Forgotten if forgiven?”

“I’d like that”, Jack nodded in agreement.

“Alright, you’re going to need stitches”, Martha sighed dramatically, holding the washer firmly over his face, giving up in trying to clean him up.

“That’s just great. It’s been a while since I had stitches, I guess my scar need’s a couple of friends”, Jack chuckled, finding this situation all too amusing. Martha tried to hide it, but the smile that crept up her face was all to much to hide.

--------------------------------

Next Chapter: I hear wedding bells are on the way? Will Jack’s face go with his suit? :lol: Where’s Alex gone? :unsure: And can all really just be forgiven?

Anyway, Peng… if things don’t end up panning out for good old JnM in this fic, I will be sure to direct him your way! But then again, there's Barbara. Who is probably a safer choice... :P

*grins* ^_^

Tasha groaned. She had had enough, there was no way around this. “Okay”, she huffed, standing to Jack’s level and grabbing both his arms so he couldn’t back away. “For the next couple of seconds, I’m going to sound like a b*tch. And I’m just letting you know, that I’m aware of that, because I just told you off for being a jerk. But I’ll sum this up really quickly for you okay? My day. My rules. You’ll both ride to the wedding together, you’ll grab her hand and walk down the isle and then you’ll have a quick dance with her. You’ll chat and make small talk and you’ll have the biggest grin plastered across your face. Alright?”

Jack failed to wriggle out of her grasp. “Tash I really don’t think…”

“I’m not asking you, I’m just making sure you understand?”, she spoke motherly towards him, eyeing him harshly.

Jack sighed. “I do”

Love Tasha's speech! Lol. You go girl!

I like how her and Jack's conversation ended. It was really sweet!

:o And I thought Alex was a good guy. Well, I was so wrong. What an a******! Hopefully he'll stay away and go back to where ever he came from!

“That’s just great. It’s been a while since I had stitches, I guess my scar need’s a couple of friends”, Jack chuckled, finding this situation all too amusing. Martha tried to hide it, but the smile that crept up her face was all to much to hide.

Loved that line. :lol: Jack can be so funny!

Will Jack’s face go with his suit?

It'll probably depend on the colour of his suit! :P

Great chaper Kaiya!

More please.

Aww I loved this fic; mainly for the banter between Peng and Babara over Jacky :P:lol:

Joke btw I loved the episode. I hope Alex rots in hell <_<

Martha should have helped Jack clean his wounds and then have leant in for a kiss and then.... :wub:

I really need to stop watching twilight

Archived