Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

:o

:D

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

Jack's toned body. Mmm. Thanks for that image. I'll have sweet dreams tonight! (I mean that in a really unpervy way. :P)

Alex better go. Seriously. If he doesn't, I'll step into fanfiction world and kick him out myself. Then again... if I were able to do that I'd probably leave him for Martha 'cause I'd steal Jack.

Toned Jack fresh from the shower.

:)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was a great chapter ohhh i so knew they'd do something, its so cute!!!

i hope Martha doesn't freakout and end up going back to Alex because that would spoil it... i have a feelings shes going to tell jack it was a mistake and it was never suppose to happen!!:(

i love this story and i hope you update again really soon !!!

Sorry about lack of comments. I hate Alex and I love JM :wub:

Naked Jack :wub: I will enjoy those thoughts :ph34r:

Oh and those who want to read JM fics lol. I have one that I am writing still called Entwined.. so feel free to read.

Wow....wow....an excellent chapter and I loved the ending to that chapter. I loved it that how Martha and Jack were playing hard to get, before they gave in to their passion and finally got together!

Seriously, I hope that Alex is to go...please!! :D

Looking forward to an update! :)

Oh, BOOYAH!!!!!

Got that out of my system...

That chapter was awesomesauce. You managed to build up just the right amount of sexual tension and then BAM! They're kissing. And then BAM! They get hit by a bus. No, wait, make that BAM! Alex gets hit by a bus!

Sorry. Feeling random tonight :P

Oh, BOOYAH!!!!!

Got that out of my system...

That chapter was awesomesauce. You managed to build up just the right amount of sexual tension and then BAM! They're kissing. And then BAM! They get hit by a bus. No, wait, make that BAM! Alex gets hit by a bus!

Sorry. Feeling random tonight :P

Really? I couldn't tell... :wink:

Helloooo :D

Thanks for all your comments guys, they're funny :lol:

Hope you like, Enjoyyyy ^_^

Chapter 17

Jack’s heart dropped as he heard the familiar beep at the end of the ringing. He was starting to worry, it had been over an hour and he had no idea where she had run off to. “Martha seriously, wherever you are, just call me! It’s cold and raining and you shouldn’t be out in any of this…”

“Neither should you”, he heard a small voice speak from behind him and he turned around instantly.

“Martha, where have you been!?”, he demanded to know. She was drenched from head to toe as she stood before him under the small covering of the diner.

“A walk”, she whispered. “I needed to do some thinking”, she let out a small chuckle as she noted his relief.

“Alright… well do you reckon we could head home now? Or have you become too accompanied with the rain”, he curled his fingers around her wrist in an effort to pull her home.

“We can go home”, she smirked. “But before that, I just need to do something”

Jack remained baffled as she stood there, not making a move, before suddenly she moved towards him quickly and planted the softest of kisses on his lips. “Wow”, she giggled like a little girl. “I don’t think the novelty’s ever going to wear off”

Jack’s lips curled into an uncontrollable smile as he realized what she was doing. “After just our second kiss? I would like to hope there’s still some spark there”, he whispered before pulling her back into him.

-------------------

His arms looped around her waste, lifting her slender frame slightly off the ground in a moment of passion.

A small sigh escaped from her lips as she placed her arms around his neck, no longer trusting her body to keep her upright.

Her fingers worked up the back of his neck, running effortlessly through his short hair as she tried to pull him closer, but no matter how forcefully she tried, it was never close enough.

His hands slid down underneath her hips as he pulled her up and her legs wound swiftly around his waist in response.

Together, they pressed up against Jack’s bedroom door. His hand grasping the handle firmly, knowing this was where they were headed.

“Jack”, she whispered into their kiss as her hand slid on top of his, stopping him from taking it any further.

He put her down gently and regrettably parted his lips with hers. His forehead still leant on hers, as his breathing seemed to slow.

“I knew it”, he shook his head gently against hers. “This was a mistake, right?”

“Jack I…”

“What?”, he scoffed.

Martha sighed. “I just…”

“Actually, you know what? I don’t even want to hear the pathetic excuse you’re going to give me”, he cut her off harshly.

“You don’t even know what I’m going to say!”, she yelled out at him as he continued to jump down her throat.

“Oh sorry, you’re right. You’ve probably got a really good one”

“Stop! Okay… just shut up!”, she closed her eyes for a second, swallowing back her anger and frustration. She felt like such a kid yelling at him like that. But she knew what he was like in an argument… completely sarcastic and it drove her up the wall. “No, I don’t have an ‘excuse’ alright, all I have is the truth. But you’re probably not going to like that either”

“The truth?”, his voice trailed off as he disappeared into his room, appearing a minute or so later, now fully dressed. “The truth, really?”, he laughed.

“I don’t want this”, she blurted out. “You, me… Alex. I don’t want any of it!”, she confessed and Jack just looked away. She was making him feel so insignificant, like he already didn’t feel that enough?

“You know I haven’t been single for more than a week!?”, she continued, trying to justify her statement when she noticed his change of attitude. “A week, I mean… that’s just sad”, she let out an uneasy laugh.

“And you thought Emma was a slu-”

“Really!? You’re going to bring her into this?”, she cut off another one of his humorous comments before he could speak it.

Martha continued to glare at Jack, her eyebrows raised disapprovingly. “Ahhhh…. no”, he buckled under the pressure.

Martha sighed. “Since you, I’ve just gone from one relationship to the next and I thought that was good for me, I thought it was okay”, she shrugged.

“I thought you had only been with three guys?”, Jack dared to speak, curiosity getting the better of him.

“Yes! Jack I really don’t think you’re getting the point of what I’m saying”, she leant back against the wall in a huff, sliding down it slowly. She kept her head buried in her hands before she raked her fingers through her hair, daring to look back up at him again.

“Which is…”, he urged her to go on.

“I’ve forgotten how to be me!”, she indicated to herself with the point of a finger. “I’ve forgotten how to take care of myself and to not have the worry and responsibility of someone else”

“So you can go around kissing random guys you mean?”, he rolled his eyes before crossing both arms around his chest.

“I’m serious”, her voice broke into a whisper as she pulled herself up off the ground so she was level with him.

Jack shook his head lightly. “Fine”, he said bluntly.

Martha noticed his eyebrows crease sadly as he tried to look anywhere but at her. “I’m sorry if you thought this was something more”

He glanced at her momentarily, and for a second, she thought he was softening a little towards her. But that soon changed. “I think you should go home”, he stepped back a bit, distancing himself from her.

Martha nodded, a sad smile forming on her lips. “Maybe I should”, she said, accepting the fact that he wasn’t going to get any warmer towards her. Not that she could blame him.

“Oh and Martha”, he called out to her as she walked down the hallway. “Next time you’re confused or just need someone, for your own little reasons… don’t come to me, please?”, he spoke quietly before walking back into his room, and obviously, away from her.

She couldn’t help the tear that rolled down her cheek… and she was pretty sure that in a couple of seconds, there would be a lot more than just one measly tear.

She understood what he was doing, he was pushing her away. One thing Jack Holden did not like to admit… that she had hurt him. He liked to make jokes, try to lighten the atmosphere and ignore the fact that he was hurting. Either that or he would push you away and completely ignore you… and she knew that was exactly what he planned on doing.

“Robbie, I don’t care what you think… she wasn’t flirting”, Tasha’s voice projected through the house as both her and Robbie entered.

Martha desperately tried to wipe her tear strained face as she heard them coming.

“Tash, I get why you’re saying that. It was hard to watch I imagine but she was flirting! Oooh my I can only imagine what you must be like Robbie”, he mimicked a young girl they had run into earlier that day.

“She was not talking about you in bed Rob. Believe me when I say, no one would ever willingly put such thoughts into their heads”, she argued with a laugh.

“Except for you”

“Yes, well I… Martha!”, Tasha beamed as she spotted Martha in the kitchen. “What are you doing here? Where’s Jack?”

“Ahh in his room. Yeah, I was just heading off actually”, Martha grabbed her bag of the table before hurrying over towards the door. “I’ll catch you guys another time”, she forced a smile before shutting the door behind her.

Tasha turned to Robbie with a confused frown on her face. “Was it just me or was she crying?”

“Er, yeah I think I might know what that’s about”, Robbie started as he walked off to the fridge in search of a beer.

“What!?”, Tasha jumped in like a vulture.

“I ahh… I had to turn her down earlier on, there’s just too many women and not enough of the Robbie to go around, not with you babe”, he winked with a smirk.

“Be careful”, Tasha warned. “If you keep this up, there will be plenty of ‘the Robbie’ to go around… understand?”

“Perfectly”, Robbie grimaced.

---------------------------------

Tony’s place…

“Martha!”, Tasha yelled out as she walked through the open door. Martha must have ran into the house in a hurry, why else would she have left it wide open? “Martha!”, she raised her voice louder after receiving no response.

A second later, she heard a small sniffle come from the bathroom. “I’m kind of busy right now, do you want to come back later?”, a weak sounding voice came from the other side of the door.

“Whatever it is, I’m sure I can help”, Tasha insisted as she stood outside the bathroom door, awaiting Martha’s appearance.

Martha hesitated, before answering. “I think it’s pretty safe to say that there is no way you could help”, her voice lowered dramatically. “And I mean that in the sincerest possible way”, she finally opened the door, revealing her puffy eyes and bright red cheeks.

“Oh god, what did you do?”, Tasha sighed before she began to wipe at Martha’s face gently.

Half an hour later…

A couple of tissue boxes later… and Martha had finally managed to pour out all her feelings to Tasha. That was sure a hell of a lot more than what she had told Jack.

“I need some time, why can’t he see that?”, Martha groaned in frustration.

Tasha exhaled deeply, keeping all her focus on Martha, just wondering what she should say. Should she support her? Just nod along and take her side. Or should she be truthful to her best friend… even if she may not like it.

“Are we being honest here?”, she asked.

“Of course”, Martha answered, confused as to why Tasha would think she would want anything other than the truth.

“Well… he loves you. And for the past 2 years since you’ve been gone, he’s been beating himself up over the relationship you guys used to have… the relationship that he lost”, she spoke slowly, trying her best to word everything just right. “You say it’s over Martha. Except… you can’t stay away from him. You lied to Alex, just so you could spend time with him, what does that tell you?”

Martha kept her head bowed, not wanting to witness her friends’ judgment. She could already here it in her tone. “He’s my best friend”

“You kissed him”, she laughed with a shake of the head.

“I made a mistake”, she elongated each word in an effort to get it through to her.

“Pretty meaningful mistake I’d say”

“Well I didn’t ask you to say, did I?”, she rubbed at her temples as she squeezed her eyes closed. She just wanted to block everything out, she wanted to leave again, to run away. Everything was so much easier.

“Look, you can’t fix this. This isn’t a situation that can be fixed… because it’s not broken”, Martha continued. “Things are the way they should be. I need to let Jack move on… he need’s to move on”

Tasha kept quiet, deciding that if Martha thought that was what she had to do, than that was that. Sometimes, you just have to let people learn things the hard way.

“So you aren’t telling Alex about this?”

“No… I’m going to tell him”, Martha whispered, fear overcoming her as she herself realised this. “Can we just talk about something else now?”, she looked up at her friend for some sort of comfort.

“How about we get those bridesmaid dresses”, Tasha smiled as she stood up and extended her hand for Martha to take.

“Sounds perfect”

------------------------------

Next Chapter: Alex returns… yay :rolleyes: Will he stay after Martha tells him? :unsure:

Awwwwwww...... my Jacky :( :( such a broken man :(

Martha needs to figure it out quickly because I dont think he is going to wait for long and that would be a travesty

I want and I hope that they get together soon...

Alex is back.... not commenting <_<

Archived