Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you'll feel better soon. Good luck with your uni work! :D

Alex is gone. If Jack wants to win her back, now is the time. But he can't slip up. Damn! <_<

I guess I'm okay with them being 'best friends' for now! Later, they can be best friends and lovers! :wink:

Tasha is so sneaky! She forced them to spend time together. They could have killed each other and she would have been responsible! :P

Next Chapter: Is everything getting a tad to raunchy for Martha’s liking?

That sounds really interesting! :wub: I can't wait.

More please.

Uni, assessment, the flu *groans*… It may not be the best chapter, I’m sorry

The flu? :huh:

Swine flu?

*edges away*

Next Chapter: Is everything getting a tad to raunchy for Martha’s liking? :wub::rolleyes:

Jack... 'raunchy'... What's not to like? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey friends (:

Errr, sorry it took a bit longer than normal. I really don’t have much of an excuse you know.

And no Pengzilla, I do not have the swine flu *touches wood* Let’s all hope. And unless theirs a new fancy shmancy way of catching stuff through computers, you are completely safe *grins* Lucky you guys if I develop itttt.

Anyways, not so sure about this chapter, but hope you like! Thanks for all your comments, hope you guys keep reading :D

Chapter 16

His hands tangled through her long her as they kept their lips attached. She could hear her mind trying to tell her something, but the overwhelming sensation that was running through her body wouldn’t let her listen.

It was like a whole new pleasure she had never experienced before, and she never thought it would be Jack that could do this to her.

“Oh”, she repeated again as they finally broke apart, a need for oxygen getting the better of them. “Oh god what are we doing!?”, she pushed herself into a seating position, her hand slapped over her mouth.

“Don’t freak out”, Jack pleaded with her. He was starting to wonder whether it was such a good idea just springing it on her like that.

“But I have to freak out! We just ahh… you kind of… we kissed!”, she stuttered.

“I know”, he laughed, pulling her hand into his and holding it tightly.

Martha sighed, staring down at their linked hands. “Jack this is ridiculous, we can’t. I mean that was… you mean way too much to me to ruin anything”

“Who said anything about this being ruined?”

“Jack”, her voice became panicked. “No, I do this… it’s too much”, she confessed before fleeing the room, leaving a very heart broken Jack.

-------------------

Jack emerged from his bedroom, only a singlet and boxers covering his body. His eyes immediately squinting in discomfort as the harsh sunlight hit his face. Tasha was just about to greet him until she was drawn to a movement behind him, and sure enough… out came Martha.

Tasha gasped in delight.

Her eyes were droopy, as if she had only slept an hour or so. Her hair hung loosely around her face as she shuffled out into the kitchen. A smile came to Tasha’s face as she took in Martha’s dress. She was wearing one of Jack’s old tops that came down half way between her knees and hips, just long enough to cover what was necessary.

“Morning”, Jack chirped in his usual morning manner. A goofy smile spread over his lips as he patted his stomach softly through the thin material of his top.

Tasha stayed silent, mentally wishing Robbie was standing next to her in that moment so she didn’t feel so neglected about the scene that was unfolding right before her eyes.

“You guys want toast?”, Martha asked before popping some bread in the toaster for herself.

“Yeah sure”, Jack answered, but Tasha on the other hand wasn’t even listening.

“Tash!?”, Martha asked, louder this time. Clicking her fingers in the air in a hope it would gain her attention.

She jumped back slightly at the volume of her voice. “Oh my god, it’s 2003 all over again”, she whispered to herself.

“Okay, I’ll leave you to it then”, Martha laughed at Tasha remained entranced by her thoughts.

“Huh, what?”, She broke out of her trance a second later.

“What’s up buttercup?”, Jack smiled sweetly before letting out a loud laugh.

“I see you two had a very productive night”, she raised her eyebrows in amusement.

They both paused for a moment, looking at each other before bursting into hysterics. “Noo!”, Martha looked from Jack to Tasha as she laughed. “No, no, no… no, NO”

“Ha. That’s funny, she was saying the complete opposite last night”, Jack rolled his eyes.

“Eugh no!”, Tasha barricaded her ears, her eyes begging with Jack not to continue.

Martha glared down at the toast in her hand before whipping it forcefully at Jack’s awaiting head.

He caught it skilfully before looking back at her. Her face scrunched up into a disapproving scowl as she waited for him to retaliate. “You know what”, he said calmly. “I’m just glad you’ve moved on from the photo frame”

She couldn’t hide the hint of a smile that derived from her lips. “I can’t believe it actually scarred”, she admitted, moving to stand in front of him and examine the small brown scar.

The touch of her soft fingertips brushing softly against his forehead sent a familiar tingle through his body as he fought the reflex to reach out and hold her.

“I think you owe me a kiss for that one”, he compromised, looking up at her expectantly.

“Oh yeah?”, she scoffed as he stood up to her level, stepping into her personal space.

“I think you know what will happen if you don’t”, he hushed close to her face.

“I know what will happen if you do”, she threatened him and he backed down almost immediately. He actually had a fear of Martha, for a girl, she could definitely hold her own.

Martha gulped as she forced herself to turn away. The heat from his body still lingering on hers.

“No. Sorry Tash, your little set up didn’t take us quite that far”, he quickly changed the subject, sitting himself back down.

“Yeah, nice one by the way”, Martha shot an unimpressed glare towards her before smiling.

“I got you guys talking at least”, Tasha moved herself so that she was sitting opposite to Jack at the table. “And probably other things that I dare not mention”

Martha grabbed hers and Jack’s breakfast before joining them at the table, slipping into the seat next to Tasha. “How could you think I’d just cheat on Alex like that?”

“I’m sorry. It seems your attire had me confused”, she argued sarcastically. “And I get why you had to sleep in Jacks room, it is physically impossible to sleep on the couch”

“Well in case you forgot, oh wise one, you took my key! How was I supposed to get any of my clothes!?”, she objected. “And neither of us would take the couch, so I made Jack sleep on the floor”

“And what a lovely night that was”, he smirked before pushing himself up off his chair. “I’m going to head out for a walk, you guys wanna come?”

“Nar I’m meeting Robbie for lunch”, Tasha answered.

“Ahh yeah let me just get changed”, Martha held out her hand to Tasha as she retrieved the key for her. “Thankyou”, she laughed, kissing Tasha on the cheek before heading out.

“Don’t forget we need to get the bridesmaid dresses still!”

-------------------------------

Half an hour later…

They walked along the beach; only an occasional word or two was spoken. Nothing that opened a gateway into a proper conversation.

Jack glanced over at Martha, her hair pushed off her face with a headband as the rest of her hair flowed gracefully through the salty air. He longed for the conversations they used to have, the easy going, carefree talks they would share more than daily.

“Got up to much since you’ve been back?”, Jack broke the silence and Martha tore her gaze away from the floor, to look up at him.

“Not really”, she confessed quietly. “So much has changed since I was last here. Sally’s gone, Your Dad and Luc are away… pretty much the whole population of Summer Bay has been replaced. I haven’t really had the chance to meet anyone yet either”

“Well why don’t you do it now?”

“Now?”, she let out a shocked laugh.

“Yeah we can… hey wait, Miles!”, he called out to a man walking near to them.

Martha bowed her head, embarrassed. “What are you doing?”, she hissed quietly.

“It’ll be fine”, he laughed and grabbed her hand enthusiastically, pulling her with him. “Hey mate, I would like you to meet a good friend of mine”

Jack’s reference to Martha didn’t go unnoticed. She was sure she felt her heart sink a little in disappointment.

“Sally’s girl”, Miles cheered before Jack could say any more.

“I guess that’s me”, Martha smiled nervously before shaking Miles extended hand.

“Martha, Miles. Miles, Martha”, Jack properly introduced them.

Miles laughed. “It’s good to put a face to the name”

“Yeah you too, Sally’s told me a lot about you”, Martha lightened a little.

“None of it’s true, I swear”, he immediately joked. “Now if you don’t mind me, I’ve got a couple of kids to chase down. We’ll have to catch up later. See you guys”, he ran off with a wave, obviously in a rush.

“Bye”, Martha called out after him.

Jack released his hand that she had forgotten she was still clutched onto. He then looped it around her shoulder supportively. “See… wasn’t so bad was it?”

“I feel like the new kid at school”, she sighed with a small chuckle.

“Seriously, the way this town’s going, we’ll get a whole new bunch of foreigners tomorrow. No one will even remember that you’re ‘new’”, he said seriously.

Martha raised her eyebrows, interest getting the better of her. “Hot tourist spot hey?”

“Nar, it seems a lot of people set up camp here as some sort of mid-life crisis phase in their life. Then eventually, pack up and move on… and it seems I am one of the sad few who stay long enough to tell that story”, he paused as if it had all just dawned on him.

“Is that so?”

Jack grinned. “Well I’ve kind of been waiting for someone haven’t I?”

“Jack, please”, she pulled away from his hold. Mentally cursing him from having to ruin the flow of conversation they had going.

“What… you think I’m talking about you?”, he half laughed. “No, the girl I’m waiting for hasn’t quite come back yet”, he revealed with a hint of a smile. One that was only reserved for her.

10 minutes later…

“Hey lovey”, Irene beamed from behind the counter as Martha pushed her way through the customers. She had left Jack to go to the toilet.

“Hey Irene, how’s the diner pushing along?”, she asked politely.

Irene opened her mouth to answer but stopped as they both heard Colleen emerging from the kitchen, engrossed in a conversation she was having with Leah.

“Madge Wilkins told me that she saw young Jack and Martha canoodling around…”, her voice was cut off as she came face to face with Martha herself.

“Colleen”, Martha gave a knowing smile. “Still sharp as a tact I see”

Colleen’s eyes widened. “Oh, so I’m presuming you are going to inform Alex of this… indiscretion”, she shrieked in her usual tone of voice.

“Nar, I’m sure you’ve told enough people. It will reach him soon enough”, Martha joked, although she knew that part of that statement was true.

Colleen stormed off with a huff. Clearly too embarrassed to argue… either that or she was off to add that bit of information Martha had so kindly given her, to her chain of rumours.

“Don’t worry about her, I doubt that any of the people she’s told were actually listening to a word she said”, Leah tried to lighten the mood.

“You think?”, Martha groaned, but she too couldn’t help but laugh. She knew she could just explain it all to Alex and that’s all that mattered. Who cares what the rest of the town thought?

“Can I grab a coffee please Irene?”, Jack hustled his way between them. “Ladies”, he nodded with a smile towards both Martha and Leah.

“Well if it isn’t my lovely ‘indiscretion’ himself”, she rolled her eyes and laughed as Jack’s face turned blank, his innocence shining through him like a bright light.

“I’m sorry?”, he said, clueless.

“Nothing, it’s nothing”, Martha brushed him off. “But you did fail to get me a coffee”, she smirked before proceeding to order one herself.

---------------------------------------

That afternoon…

After an hour or so having an innocent chat at the diner, both Jack and Martha had decided to make their way homes. Both needing to wash off the salt water Jack had practically pushed them in.

Jack made his way out of the shower, grabbing a spare towel that was hung carelessly over the door. “What the…”, Jack mumbled to himself as he heard a small noise. He peered his head around the hall corner, but all he was met with was an empty house.

Jack shrugged as he pulled his towel around his waste, preparing to cover his decency.

“Oh jesus”, she shielded her eyes immediately. Jack jumped back in shock, not realising that she had been there, before wrapping the towel completely around him. “Ahhh… I’m sorry”, she screeched, keeping her hands firmly over her eyes.

“Don’t wor-”

“I should start knocking, seriously I don’t know what I was thinking… just walking in like that”, she quickly apologized, embarrassment flushing up her cheeks as she removed her hands and looked at him.

“Seriously it’s oka-”

“I can really be so thoughtless at times, just waltzing in, not even bothering to-”

“Martha!”, he yelled over the top of her rambling before letting out a low laugh.

“Yes”, she huffed, shifting on her legs uncomfortably.

“It’s fine, really… and I hate to sound cliché and all but it’s not like you haven’t seen it all before”, he raised one eyebrow as he waited for a response.

“Ohhh yeah okay, this is weird… ahh i’m going to umm actually go”, she stuttered, indicating towards the front door before turning in that direction.

Jack grabbed her left arm as she tried to rush out the door. “Oh come on Martha, you’re not seriously going to act all awkward around me now”

“No!”, she began to laugh as if that somehow made her seem more believable. “God no, what makes you say that?”, she looked down.

“Nervous laughter?”, he more or less pointed out and she immediately stopped, placing her free hand to her mouth.

Martha shook her head adamantly, not removing her hand from her mouth. She knew that as soon as she did, she wouldn’t be able to control her laughter. “I don’t… no, this is just, I’m laughing… like a normal person laughs. Ha ha”, she mumbled through depth of her hand.

“It’s alright… I know how I can fix this”, he replied matter of factly, moving both his hands and resting them securely on her shoulders. “Give me a flash and we’ll call it even”

“What!?”, she pushed back on his chest, sending him away from her.

“You know, just pull dow-”

“I am NOT going to do that. No way, I’d rather be pushed off a bridge”

“Yeah alright Martha and I thought best friends didn’t lie to each other?”, Jack chuckled.

“I’m not lying, seriously, drive me there and I’ll jump right off”, she dared him.

“Okay, okay… I get it”, Jack calmed her down with a laugh. “Just don’t go weird on me now, please?”, he begged her.

“I’m not!”, she objected defiantly.

“Then why are you looking at me like that!?”, Jack observed as she tensed all features on her face.

Martha returned her vision to the ground, tearing her eyes away from his toned abdomen that was so carelessly strewn before her.

Her eyes flickered up, staring directly into his as none of them spoke. Instead, she continued to gaze into his warm brown eyes that looked down at her lovingly.

“I just…”

“Just what”, he whispered, stepping an inch closer to her.

And that was it, Martha pushed her body up so her lips hit his passionately. Warm tears stung her eyes as she began to feel such things she never thought she could feel again. The softness of his lips, moving gently against hers sending her to such a familiar place, she didn’t know how she had ever stopped.

“Sometimes love comes around…

…and it knocks you down.

Just get back up when it knocks you down”

Keri Hilson – Knock you down.

---------------------------------

Next Chapter: Is it time to wave goodbye to our dear friend Alex? :unsure:

Colleen hasn't changed after all this time. Actually, I'm not surprised! :lol:

Tasha really thought her plan had worked. So did I btw.

“What’s up buttercup?”, Jack smiled sweetly before letting out a loud laugh.

“I see you two had a very productive night”, she raised her eyebrows in amusement.

They both paused for a moment, looking at each other before bursting into hysterics. “Noo!”, Martha looked from Jack to Tasha as she laughed. “No, no, no… no, NO”

“Ha. That’s funny, she was saying the complete opposite last night”, Jack rolled his eyes.

“Eugh no!”, Tasha barricaded her ears, her eyes begging with Jack not to continue.

Martha glared down at the toast in her hand before whipping it forcefully at Jack’s awaiting head.

He caught it skilfully before looking back at her. Her face scrunched up into a disapproving scowl as she waited for him to retaliate. “You know what”, he said calmly. “I’m just glad you’ve moved on from the photo frame”

I love that part! Jack is funny! :lol:

And that was it, Martha pushed her body up so her lips hit his passionately. Warm tears stung her eyes as she began to feel such things she never thought she could feel again. The softness of his lips, moving gently against hers sending her to such a familiar place, she didn’t know how she had ever stopped.

Yay, they finally kissed. :wub:

I hope we're saying goodbye to Alex next time. Maybe he met someone and comes back to break up with Martha. Okay, maybe that's wishful thinking... :P

Good chapter Kaiya! :D

More please.

Archived