Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooo JnM fan!!!! Celebrate good times!!!! :) :)

Anyways!!! Brilliant! I love the way they have a little childhood memory thats sooo cute!!!

Why is Jacky being such an ass, sleeping with Emma, treating Martha like Crap! Not good!! Bad Jacky!!! :(

Martha cant leave she needs to stay and sort things out with Jack! :(

Update soon please!

Siana

Heyy :)

Thanks for all your comments, Jack is so hated :lol:

I'm not that happy with this chapter but?

I'm glad you've started reading Siana, thankyoou :D

Enjoy ^_^

Chapter 11

He stared in the mirror blankly. He had never worn a suit before and frankly… he hated how it looked.

He heard a soft tap on the door before Martha came in quietly. He could see the tear marks still visible on her face, she had probably just wiped them away before coming in so he wouldn’t notice.

She stood before him sadly, her face a mixture of grief and sympathy.

Her small wrapped around the tie he had so desperately tried to put on right. As she continued to fiddle with it he couldn’t help the tears that leaked from his eyes.

“I miss her too”, her eyes began to well up at the sight of him crying.

Her warm hand found his and squeezed it gently before pulling him towards her and out the door.

Jack followed her curtly and looked out the front to see the long black car.

A tear ran down his cheek and Martha wrapped her delicate arms around him tightly.

The thought of this being the last time he got to say goodbye to his mum finally daunting on him.

-------------------

“Martha! I’ve been worried sick… oh god what’s wrong?”, Sally’s expression immediately changed as she saw her.

“I need to get away”, she stated, ignoring the fact that Sally knew she had been crying. “Far away, very, very far away”

Sally opened her mouth to try and object.

“He slept with her!”, her hands flew high as she struggled to keep herself together. “He just… slept with her, like that! Oh, but then I…”, her head shook from side to side as she thought back to the night before.

“Who exactly slept with who here?”, Sally asked gently.

“Jack and bloody, stupid… why her?”, she cried. “Of all people”

Sally cringed. “Oh god”, she realized who Martha was implying before opening her arms and wrapping them safely around her.

“This wasn’t when you were together was it?”

Martha pulled slightly away from her. “No but does that even matter?”, she spoke softly. “I spent the night with him last night”, she sobbed as Sally sighed sadly.

“Oh”, she said knowingly.

“I’m going to have a shower Sal”, she wiped the tears from her face with the back of her hand. “I just… I feel so…”

“Yeah I know”, she rubbed her back soothingly before letting her go upstairs.

The phone rang a moment later as Sally was about to go retreat back to her own bedroom. She shuffled moderately on her feet before deciding to answer, she knew who it would be.

----------------------------------

An hour later…

Martha wrapped her towel securely around her body before twirling it into a safe knot to hold it together. She glanced up and groaned as she saw her reflection in the mirror. She was nothing like the girl she used to know.

Not wanting to feel sorry for herself any longer, Martha made her way into her room and closed the door softly behind her.

Not long after and she heard a small tap on the door. She was worried it was going to be Sally, finally remembering what Martha had mentioned about leaving. Did she only just now realize that she was serious?

“No”, she refused to let him in as soon as she saw him. Shutting the door promptly after opening it.

“Martha let me in”, he called out as quietly as he could incase Sally was already asleep.

Letting go of the door reluctantly, moving herself over and on to her bed, allowing him to enter. As much as she would have loved to keep that door closed, she knew she couldn’t.

“Hey”, he mumbled as he noticed her attire was nothing but a cream towel.

“Just say what you have to say Jack, then go”, she urged him.

“I…”, he paused suddenly, all the words he had planned to say suddenly gone.

Martha groaned loudly, burying her head deep into her hands.

“You’re going to be here tomorrow… aren’t you?”

She shook her head gently as she shivered, the sudden coolness of the night suddenly hitting her.

“Don’t leave because of this”, he said, trying to reason with her.

“I’m not”, she stood and slipped into between the doors of her wardrobe. Pulling out a long top she slid it over her head. Once she had got it properly on she pulled her towel out from underneath her, grabbing a spare pair of underwear and chucking them on as well. “I’m leaving because of you”, she corrected his statement.

He looked down guiltily, replacing her previous spot on the bed.

“I’ve hit a point Jack where… It’s like I had hit rock bottom and then, you threw me a shovel and screamed dig deeper”, she sat as far away as she could on the bed from him.

“I am so sorry”, he looked at her as his eyes became glassy.

“Why?”, she finally let her tears fall in front of him. She didn’t care how it made her look. He had seen her cry more than everyone else she knew put together. “Why did you…”

“I don’t know”, he turned his vision away from her. He couldn’t watch her cry like that, he couldn’t just sit there, watching as she fell apart… all because of him. “I honestly thought you were done”

“I’m never done Jack!”, she cried out to him, completely contradicting what she had said when she broke up with him. “I can’t just be done with you! It’s not like that”, tears continued to fall down her cheeks.

“I got drunk, because I kept seeing you around but I couldn’t… she was always flirting with me and trying it on with me but I never… we didn’t even get half way through it-”

“Don’t”, she stopped him, cringing as images suddenly flooded her mind. “I can’t”

“I couldn’t do it”, he confessed.

“But you did!”, she argued, her voice rising slightly as her anger bubbled over. “The moment you touched her, you just… You know, I’ve gone through more than I’ve ever wanted to in my life, but you were always there so it was okay and now… it’s just not okay anymore”, she finished.

Jack moved closer to her and reached out for hand. “Don’t say that”, he sighed as she flinched away.

“I’m going to stay with granddad for a while and…”, she stopped mid sentence as she watched a tear run down his cheek. “…please don’t make this harder”

He brushed the stray tear away harshly. It wasn’t that he was embarrassed at the extent he was upset; he just didn’t want her to think he was feeling sorry for himself. Because he didn’t. He felt sorry for her… and the pain he had put her through. But she couldn’t leave, he couldn’t let her. She was his best friend, everything.

He’s never had to go through a day without her… and he didn’t think he ever could.

“I don’t think I could cope if you left”, he told her truthfully.

Lifting herself up slowly from the bed, she took his hand in hers, pulling him up with her. “Maybe you need to learn how to”, she pushed him gently towards her now open door.

“I don’t want to”, he said adamantly.

“Jack”, she said through her tears. “If you don’t leave now and let me go, we will never, ever be able to get past this”

“How long are you going? Months?”

She looked at him, uncertainty written all over her face.

“You don’t know do you?”, he asked as she lowered her gaze to the floow.

Shaking his head, Jack raised his hand, uncertain whether it was appropriate, before sliding it down her cheek and grazing her soft, delicate skin.

She breathed out slowly, closing her eyes for just a second to savour his touch. “I’ll come back, I promise”, she let go of the hand she had hold of.

“I love you so much”, he whispered, now standing in the hall way. “And despite everything that I’ve done, or how bad I’ve achieved to make you feel. I just want you to know, you are the most amazing person in this world and I look up to you so much. Have since I was like 2”, he forced out a chuckle.

A wave of emotions ran through her as she failed to speak a response. Instead, she just watched as he brushed a tender kiss amongst her cheek… and walked away.

------------------------------------

The next day…

“You got all your stuff?”, Sally called out from the doorway just as Martha was lugging her stuff towards her. “Ahh yes, all packed I see”, she frowned.

“I’m sorry this has been so sudden”, Martha quickly apologized just like she had been repeatedly all morning.

“No don’t be”, she rubbed her arm supportively. “I’m happy you’re finally doing something for yourself… even if I’m going to miss you tremendously”

“Me too”, they heard a cry from the door and Tasha came in, scraping her feet solemnly along the floor.

“Guys you know I’ll be back”, she laughed not backing down on her decision, despite feeling a great deal of regret at that moment.

Martha sighed when she realized that nothing she said was going to work. Dropping her bags at her feet, she wrapped both her arms around them.

“Don’t go… I’ll make him leave instead”, Tasha sniffled.

“Don’t hate him, please”, Martha looked at Tasha pleadingly. “Because I don’t”

“Look what he did to you but”, she tried to argue but Martha kept a stern look on her face. “Fine!”, she gave in. “But I can’t promise I’ll like him either”

“As long as you try”, she smiled, once again picking up her bags and taking them outside.

20 minutes later…

“Okay I really should get going”, she looked over to the taxi to make sure all her bags were packed in.

“I really wish you’d let me drive you”, Sally reminded her, still unimpressed by Martha’s choice in taking a cab.

Martha laughed. “I told you I…”, her voice rolled into a mumble as she met eyes with him, just standing a couple of metres away from where she was.

She immediately pressed her hand against Tasha’s shoulder, holding her back from confronting him.

She smiled sadly as she found herself moving closer towards him. Nothing had changed, she was still angry at him… more than anything. But she really needed a proper goodbye. She knew she shouldn’t, but she needed too.

“Martha I’m sorry I just wanted to…”, Jack was stopped as he felt her arms slip around his back, resting her head into the side of his neck.

“I’m going to miss you”, she whispered softly into his ear.

Jack squeezed her tightly, his arms wrapped so tightly around her body that he wasn’t sure if he was ever going to be able to let her go.

“I don’t know if I can do this”, he said, breathing in her familiar smell of perfume. “Just let you go”

“I do. You can”, she pulled away smiling. “I have to go”, she breathed in nervously looking back at Sally and Tasha still waiting for her.

“When will you come back?”

Martha glanced back at Jack. “When I’m ready”, she told him.

He could have easily argued. Started another fight with her and begged her to stay. But he had to let her go… he owed her ten times more than that.

“Take care of yourself”, he let a small smile form on his lips as he brushed his hand through her hair and placed a small kiss on her head.

She walked away, her heart wretched with pain as she left him standing there.

-------------------------------

EDIT: (Sorry forgot :P) Next Chapter: Martha returns, but she's not alone. Jack has a weird reaction.

ohhhhhhhh... that end bit makes you wanna cry!!! hehehe

its such a great story i love it!!!

Jack really needs to make it up to martha but this time away hopefully will help, i hope she doesn't meet anyone else because Jack is the only one for her their like soulmates!

please update again soon... i can't wait to find out more :P

Ooh I'm mixed. Jack didn't actually do "it" with Emma... so that was pretty good. He was really sad. However, he also started... :P

Martha... well... I can see her point. It's not like Emma was a nobody... I imagine it feels quite personal to her.

But... poor Jack. :(

She's not alone when she comes back? Please let it be a pet or something. Not a boyfriend. Purleaseee..

That chapter was soooooooo sad! :( Even the childhood flashback was sad! :(

So Jack didn't go all the way with Emma. Thankfully, he stopped. I still can't believe he even spent time with Emma after all she put Martha through. <_<

Please tell me Martha is coming back with her grandfather or a pet like Nicole suggested. Don't let it be a boyfriend! <_< *prays*

More please.

Hi all :D

Thanks again so much for the comments, really appreciate them! ^_^

Enjoyyyyyyyy :)

Chapter 13

“Give me the remote!”, he repeated for the fourth time, again trying to lean over to where she was seated beside him on the couch and grab it himself.

“I’m not watching footy”, she argued, a cunning smile played on her lips as she kept the remote tucked safely between her back and the couch.

“Don’t think I’m not going to go there”, he warned her one last time. “Alright, have it your way”, he moved himself so he was virtually on top of her. His hands looping their way around her waist in search of the remote.

“Donn’tt Jacckk”, she laughed as he resorted to tickling as a tactic.

“Just give it back, It’s my TV”, he continued to tickle into her sides.

He pulled one of his away from her stomach and slid it over her shoulder, hoping he would be able to reach it that way. His body was now completely on top of hers.

She felt their cheeks brush as she kept her face to the side, desperately trying to wriggle out from underneath him.

“Okay, okay. You Jerk, I give in”, she stubbornly surrendered and he stopped for a moment.

“Jerk!?”, he pulled away slightly to look at her directly. Her response was simply a laugh as she tried again to slip out of his hold.

As she moved an inch, she pulled him down with her. Her laughter grew as she soon became defeated. Turning his head up towards her, his laughter stop as his lips unintentionally brushed over hers.

Silence washed over both of them as they continued to stare into each others eyes.

“Here”, she extracted the remote from underneath her, bringing it into his view. Anything to destroy this moment she thought.

As he moved himself off her, he took the remote into his hands and changed the channel. Both of them not speaking another word about the strange feeling that just ran through their bodies… and the flash of lust they both swore they saw in each other’s eyes.

-------------------

Both Robbie and Jack watched from where they were seated outside their house. Just lazing around, drinking a couple of beers and… well, trying to quietly watch Tasha.

For the last couple of days all she had been doing was sneaking around with her secret phone calls… and after every one, she would give a weird smile to Jack, Robbie noticed. Like he was supposed to know what was going on?

“How do we even know she’s waiting for someone?”, Jack sighed leaning back further and stretching out his arms widely.

“What else would she be doing?”, Robbie kept focus on her as she continued to glance from side to side as if looking out for someone.

Jack grabbed another beer before chucking one to Robbie. “I don’t know. She could be sunbaking or something?”

“Just across the street?”

“I don’t know mate. You know Tasha, she's all full of surprises... not always good”, he laughed. “Remember that week she made us all eat vegetarian like her?”, he paused before they both visibly shuddered at the memory.

“Oh don’t”, Robbie stuck his nose up as he thought about the horrendous meals they had been fed.

“I’m not the one who’s marrying her”, Jack smirked, taking another swig of his beer. “Before you know it you’ll have little tree hugging kids”, he joked.

“Ahh I don’t…”, Robbie stopped mid sentence as he saw a car pull up in front of Tasha. “Oh looky here”, he turned and grinned at Jack like a kid, proving he was right.

“You probably know who it is”, Jack shrugged.

Jack’s face dropped and his heart literally fell into his stomach as she got out of the car. With a huge smile on her face she practically jumped on Tasha in excitement.

As the two girls began to chat away, Jack’s eyes were immediately drawn back to the car where he saw someone else emerging.

“Tell me that’s the driver”, he finally spoke over to Robbie, who was as transfixed on the guy as he was. Despite what he knew, he was still hoping it wasn’t who he thought.

“I wouldn’t be so sure”, Robbie said uneasily as the man they were watching walked up swiftly behind Martha, wrapping his arms tightly around her stomach and placing a small kiss on her neck.

“Ehh yuck. That’s inappropriate”, he held his hands to his face in horror.

Robbie couldn’t help but laugh at Jack’s response. “You don’t seem surprised?”, he pointed out.

“Yeah… nah I knew she was coming”, he groaned, wishing that that wasn’t the case.

“What!?”, Robbie almost choked on his half swallowed beer. “So all this wondering the last couple of days…?”

“Complete bull****”

“And you overhearing Tasha inviting her mum down?”

“Ha. Now that one was for my amusement”, he chuckled, remembering Robbie’s incredible discomfort when he had told him. “Come on”, he laughed before turning serious. “I wasn’t going to go through the whole week with you badgering me about it”

“I wouldn’t have-”

“Oi! Do you two ladies want to help with the bags?”, Tasha called out and for the first time in years, Martha’s eyes met Jacks.

“Oh I think a man like Martha’s chap can do more than two ladies like ourselves?”, Robbie called back teasingly.

Martha sighed as Jack pulled away from her gaze to laugh at Robbie’s comment.

She suddenly felt a whole lot worse now she had seen him. She had tried to convince herself that she didn’t miss him, but there was no hiding that sore feeling that shot through her body.

“Do you seriously need a hand”, Jack asked as his laughter subsided.

“Yes!”, Tasha whined and Jack immediately got up, pulling Robbie with him too.

It was weird seeing Jack and Tasha being friendly, something Martha was far from used too. She would probably be in shock right now if it wasn’t for the very detailed update Tasha had gave her on what had been happening since she left.

“Hey Martha. Long time no speak”, he held his hands out towards her.

Martha stood back surprised as she stared at his hand before her. They hadn’t spoken since that day, she thought he would be distant, cold even.

Not only had she left for 2 whole years, not bothering to call him once, she had now returned with a boyfriend.

“Oh right. No physical contact… forgot”, he smirked before withdrawing his hand.

“It’s been 2 years. I think we can push that one aside Jack”, she rolled her eyes before grabbing his hand and holding it tightly. She had to hold herself back from doing a lot more though, just the touch of his hand brought back so many memories that she had forced herself to forget.

“Jack?”, Alex finally introduced himself into the conversation. “This is Jack?”, he looked at Martha with a smile.

“None other”, he grinned, tearing his eyes away from their connected hands and Martha stifled her laughter as his smug side finally made an appearance.

“Well surprisingly I’ve heard a lot about you”

“Oh, I’m not surprised”, he looked at Martha knowingly, the colour of her cheeks instantly becoming more vibrant.

“Right. You guys have known each other for five years”, he reminded himself and Martha’s eyes shot open widely as she looked at Jack pleadingly.

Tasha and Robbie both shot him uneasy glances.

“5 years?”, he furrowed his brow before realizing Martha’s silent plea. “Ah yeah, yeah. 5 years”, he nodded and he watched Martha sigh in relief.

Without another word, Jack reached over and grabbed a couple of bags that sat beside them and began to take them over to Tony’s. Thank god both him and Luc had gone away, he thought, otherwise there would have been a very large chance of him gaining two knew unwanted roommates.

Well, one unwanted housemate anyway.

-----------------------------

Later that night…

“Another drink?”, Jack smiled charmingly as the girl beside him nodded.

Martha walked into the Surf Club, much in need of some alcohol. She wasn’t going to come, Alex had refused, saying he had a pounding headache from the drive.

After much consideration and a couple of minutes of twiddling her thumbs however, she had thrown all that aside and walked herself to the Surf Club.

Stopping as she saw him she leant casually against the frame of the door, allowing herself to observe Jack intently.

He looked much better than she had ever remembered. Not that she was taking any notice. He was much sleazier though, she laughed to herself as she watched him with some random girl.

“So this is what you do now?”, Martha leant down to his ear level as she spoke softly behind him.

“Huh?”, he quickly turned to face her.

Martha eyed the suspicious blonde beside him, the thought of what those two had in mind sickened her. “Oh sorry”, she quickly smiled, a sinister idea suddenly entering her mind. “I’m Martha, Jack’s wife”, she grinned, placing her hand tenderly on his shoulder before the girl took of abruptly. She was sure she heard obscenities being thrown at Jack as she left.

Jack just stared as Martha replaced her seat, a clever smile spread across her face.

“If you want to be my wife so badly, all you have to do is ask”, he finally smirked as he realized exactly what she was doing.

“I was saving that poor girl from a horrible night”, she laughed, still amused at how quickly the girl had ran away. “What was her name again?”

“Err…”

“Exactly”, she butted in.

“What do you want?”, he sighed, scuffing his hands through his hair.

Martha smiled as she gladly accepted the drink from the barman. “A drink”, she stated, waving it closely in front of his face.

“That’s it?”, he groaned peering out to see if there was any chance of getting the girl back. “You’re going to get it”

“Looking forward to it”, she replied, swallowing the last drop of her drink.

“Hit the alcohol these days I see?”, he raised his eyebrows shamefully at her. “Martha… an alcoholic?”, he pondered the thought.

She pretended to laugh at his joke. “The one and only”, she mocked his earlier words, holding up her second drink to show she didn’t care.

He let his eyes roam over her appearance. Taking in every little change he could notice. The only thing, her eyes had become brighter and she seemed to look more fresh and happy. Damn, he thought. He couldn’t even pretend that she had been miserable without him. Because by the looks of it, she was absolutely fine. “You look good”, he winked seductively.

“You look drunk”, she chuckled into her glass.

“I’m not the one already on my 3rd drink Martha”

“No, your on your 12th”, she laughed and Jack squirmed in his seat indicating she was right. “Too easy. You always seem to slow down after that”, she nodded towards the glass of beer he had been strewing between his hands for the past 5 minutes.

“Yeah well I started early”, he shrugged.

“Because I was coming?”, she dared to ask.

“No”, he shook his head, an alcohol filled smile spreading over his face. “Because Alex was coming”

----------------------

An hour and a half later…

“I need to pee”, she hopped up and down frantically. Tears still hung on her cheeks from laughing way too hard.

“Go in the trees”, he slurred and Martha didn’t even need convincing before she ran off into the patch of bush just before the beach.

“Why aren’t you still angry?”, Jack mused as she shooed his eyes away from her.

“Angry?”, Martha half laughed. “About what?”

Jack paused. “About what I did”

“I’ve been angry for 2 years”, she sighed, walking back up to Jack.

“It’s only two years now”, he scrunched his brow in confusion.

“Exactly”, Martha dropped herself down next to Jack. “I’m back for Tash and Rob and… I’m over it”, she shrugged.

“Plus. I got you pretty bad with the photo frame”, she began to laugh hysterically.

“Ouch”, Jack raised his hands to where he still had a slight line of a scar, as if it still hurt.

After standing up himself, Jack pulled a very unstable Martha up to his level. “Let’s go hommmmee”, he sighed, clearly tired.

She trailed behind him sheepishly as he began to lead her home.

“Did you go back to her?” she suddenly asked.

Jack continued to lead her home, not stopping.

“Excuse me Mr Ignorant”, she tapped him heavily on the shoulder. “Just tell me. I’ve moved on, I can take it”

He cringed as she mentioned moving on. At least one of them had managed to do it.

“I stuffed up once”, he held his finger up to indicate. “Not twice”

“Good. She didn’t deserve to have you bring down her reputation”, she sighed. He paused for a second, it taking a moment for him to realize that she was placing him lower than Emma.

Jack gasped as he stopped dead in his tracks. Her words finally having a negative effect on him.

“See?”, she smirked. “Stuff being angry. This is way more fun”

“So I can expect more of the mean, conniving, sarcastic Martha who goes out of her way to make my life hell?”, he pondered in indication towards when she had gotten rid of… what’s her name, earlier.

“You make me excited just thinking about it”, she beamed.

“Almost forgot”, he stopped once they had reached where she was staying. “Friends for 5 years? We’ve been friends for longer then that babe”, he spoke so close to her she could smell the alcohol on his breath, a massive reminder that he was in fact, heavily intoxicated.

Hell… so was she.

“I don’t talk about my past and you’re part of it. So yeah, 5 years”, she replied smartly. Her eyes veered away from him, falling heavily onto the dark gravel beneath her. Giving in, she let her knees fall weak and her body give in to the ground below her.

“Ahh, this is better. I don’t even know why I’m walking”, she giggled, now sitting recklessly on the side of the road.

“No”, Jack was frantically trying to pull her up but she wouldn’t budge. “I want to go home. To sleep. In my nice… warm… very comfortable bed”, he wriggled his eyebrows, trying to get a response out of her.

“Haa”, she sighed, smiling at his attempt to sway her. “At least I’ve got someone to go to bed with”, she retaliated before opening her mouth into a wide grin as he huffed and let her go. “Oooh Jack Holden”

“Yeah whatever”, he said before unexpectedly picking her up in one go and chucking her over his shoulder. Her body becoming to exhausted to protest his actions. “You would be useless to me anyway. You’re in no state to do anything”

He heard her let out a drunken laugh. “My god that is… probably correct”

Jack suddenly quickened his pace as she kept on laughing. “Jesus, you really are drunk”

------------------------------

Sorry guys, don't shoot me :ph34r:

Archived