Learn To Let Go

Guest KaiyaBlake

Hey :D Not sure about this chapter but hey? It's a chapter :P

Thanks for all your comments, glad you guys are still reading!

Enjoy.. :wink:

Chapter 21

"Wow", she gushed at the romantic scene in front of her. They were both at the top of the cliffs, a place that they always seemed to go. Jack had surprised her by laying out a nice blanket with some pillows and candles and brought food for them both. "You really did this?", she turned around and placed her arms snugly around his neck. "Just for me?", she asked again, a small smile playing on her lips at the reality that she was actually worth this much effort.

"Well... It was for Sally but then she pulled out so I thought what the hell, Martha will do", he shrugged with a laugh as she hit him playfully. "Of course I did it for you, this is how much you mean to me", he gestured towards the set up dinner. "Well actually, far more than this but no matter how hard I try no dinner is going to amount", he smirked, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on her lips.

She let it linger for a moment before pulling away. "I really, really, really, really love you", she gushed, admiring him, before she realized what she had said. "Err... sh*t", she cursed herself. "That was way too soon wasn't it?"

He recaptured her lips in a more passionate kiss. "Nope", he grinned. "Because I really, really, really, really love you too", he laughed, copying her style of words. He pulled her in closer to him as he peppered small kisses on her lips.

"I have no idea, why out of the trillions of girls in this world, you have chosen to love me. But I'm soooo glad", she emphasized, her voice breaking slightly as her insecurities began showing and she cuddled into him.

"You sh*t all over those girls", he cried. She was crazy if she thought she was the lucky one. "You sh*t all over every girl", he chuckled placing a couple last final kisses playfully down her cheek as he lead them to the edge of the rocks.

-------------------

“Oh my god. Take her!”, he pushed her forward forcefully, but not hard enough to hurt her. Her loud giggle told them all she was more than okay.

“And ruin my wedding day? No way”, Tasha shook her adamantly, keeping her arm wound around Robbie’s waste as they stood away from Martha.

“You don’t want me?”, Martha pouted as she turned to Jack. “I’m ruining your wedding day?”, she continued to sulk, this time turning to Tasha and Robbie.

“Of course I want you babe”, he winked in Martha’s favour, anything to please her. As she turned away, a smug grin on her face he quickly mouthed a ‘help me’ to Tasha.

“Can’t you get someone else to ahh… help you”, she stopped herself from upsetting Martha more.

“I’ll help you!”, Martha jumped up, overjoyed to be a hand.

He looked into her brightened eyes before sighing. “Alright look. You two go, enjoy your night. I’ll handle… this”, he gestured quietly towards Martha before pulling her off in another direction.

“So how can I be of service?”, she grinned.

Jack groaned. Every word that came out of her mouth sounding more and more wrong. “Believe me Martha there are so many ways you could be of service but none of them are moral nor ethical”, he patted her back in assurance.

She shrugged. “Try me”

“How about… we just sit for a while. In silence”, he suggested hopefully.

“Orrrr… go for another walk”

“No”, he was quick to object. Their last walk doing nothing but create hazards and dirty traps.

“Fine. We’ll sit… and snuggle”, she drunkenly laughed, preparing to cuddle into him.

“A walk sounds good then”, he pulled her up from beside him as they set off for a walk by the shore.

---------------------------

“Those other girls”, she slurred. “Were they… good?”

Jack rolled his eyes. He really didn’t want to get into this with her, but if it was going to be any time, he would rather now… when she was far to drunk to understand. “Firstly it’s girl… and I’m not following”

“You know, good good. Like better than you and me good”, she continued to ramble until he nodded his understanding.

“I should have known this would come up eventually”, he said, trying to find a way around this. “She was… different”, he stated with a small sigh.

“Good different? Or like, weird different… s&m different and-”

“None of those different”, he shook his head with a laugh. “You know what, I think we should steer clear of these kinds of topics when you’re off your face yeah?”

“Totally agree”, Martha nodded, not quite comprehending how drunk she was. “So how different?”

“Fantastic different, mind blowingly amazing diff-”

His sarcasm went straight over her head and she muddled up what he was saying. “No Jack. I’m not talking about me… we’re talking about this girl”

He chuckled slightly at her mistake, choosing now to change the subject. “How were your numerous guys like?”

“Are you calling me a skank?”, she said offended.

“Don’t avoid the question”

She instantly cringed, turning a darker shade of red. “I’m too embarrassed”, she squealed, hiding away from him.

He nudged her. “Come on”

“No!”, she said adamantly. “Maybe one time when I’m drunk I’ll possibly tell you”

He rolled his eyes. “Somehow I doubt that”, he wrapped his arm around her tightly so she couldn’t wander off.

“Wait!”, she pulled back, throwing herself down on the sand carelessly as she began fiddling with her shoes. “My shoe lace is undone”

Jack stopped as he watched her. “You mean your buckle?”

“That’s what I said!”, she answered crossly.

“Alright”, he nodded, accepting the fact that now wasn’t the best time to argue. His eyes instantly flickered across as he watched an oncoming wave sweep closer towards her into the shore. “Hang on… Martha. Get up quick!”, he yelled as he tried to run to her in time.

“Wha…”, she looked up innocently before a wave crashed into her, soaking her from her waste down. “Oh no”, she giggled.

“Help me?”, she begged him, holding her arms up to him.

Groaning inwardly he shuffled towards her. He stopped and scooped his arms under hers as he prepared to lift her. “Who’s night just got worse?”, he leaned his face closer to hers and sung sarcastically as she grinned.

She however thought it was hilarious. “Oops”

-------------------------------

“Quick Martha before they notice we’re gone”, he hurried her through her bedroom door, her dress dripping puddles in a trail on the floor after her.

He kept an eye on his watch as he leant outside her door. “I didn’t bring any wedding clothes!”, she cried out.

“Are you decent?”, he asked, deciding he should go in and help her.

She paused. “I’m always decent”

He opened the door quickly but turned around instantly as he saw. Realising she was only wearing her underwear. “Whoa okay. Covering up a little bit would have been nice”, he coughed, trying to push the image of her out of his mind. He couldn’t think like this, not now.

“Well how’s about a little warning?”, she continued to undo her bra, his vision remaining the other way.

“I did!”

“No… you asked me if I was decent?”, she laughed, seeming indifferent.

“Ohhhhh just pick something out, anything. It really doesn’t matter”

She groaned, stomping her feet helplessly as she tried to wriggle out of her bra. “Help undo my bra. It’s stuck”, she laughed with a huff as she finally gave up on it herself.

He laughed, this was unbelievable. It was like some sort of twisted dream he was in. “No way Martha. No”

“Jack!”, she raised her voice dramatically. If he wanted to get back to the wedding soon he was definitely going the wrong way about it.

He turned around and moved towards her, his vision focusing intently on her bra clasp and nothing else. Swiftly he reached out with one hand and snapped it undone. She had to be quick and catch her bra to cover herself before he saw anything. Lucky for her though Jack had already turned himself around again. “Wow. I forgot you could do that”, she gasped.

“Can’t I just blow dry this dry?”, she held up her half-soaked dress as she finished getting changed. Having found an old jumper and trackies she was able to chuck on.

He glared at her, clearly unimpressed. “You’re going to do it anyway aren’t you?”

“Yep”

She stood in the bathroom, blow drier in hand as she continued to dry her dress.

Jack was sitting next to her, perched on the closed toilet seat as he tiredly watched on.

Suddenly, she stopped. Squeezing her eyes shut as she swallowed heavily. “I think I’m sick”, she turned off the appliance and stepped back.

Jack stood up. “What? Vomit sick or flu sick?”

Her hand instantly covered her mouth. “Both”, was all she was able to get out before shoving Jack out of the way and kneeling down in front of the toilet.

“This cannot be happening”, Jack sighed, immediately rushing to her side. He brushed her strands of her behind her ears and held her hair back away from her face as he rubbed her back soothingly.

“Yuck”, she wiped her mouth as she finished. She got up and grabbed her toothbrush from the cupboard, urgently feeling the need to brush her teeth.

As she finished that Jack stood next to her, rubbing her arm softly. “Are you alright?”, he asked her. He could tell she wasn’t. Her usual joyful spirit had dropped dramatically. He could see her lips quivering as she looked at him the glassy blue eyes.

“No”, she whimpered, her eyes instantly filling up with warm tears.

“Come here”, he whispered, pulling her in close to him.

“I’m sorry”, she sobbed, tucking her head into his chest. She could feel his warmth radiating from him and she clung on even tighter to him, his arms wrapped around her sending a familiar sense of assurance.

“Martha. I’ve seen you throw up about a million times, you don’t have to apologize… I just hope you’re alright”, he kissed her hair lightly.

“I’ll live”, she shrugged as she finally managed to pull away from him.

A satisfied smile formed on his lips. “Well I’m glad”, he chuckled, grabbing her hand lightly and pulling her into the living room.

She gazed at him momentarily as she waddled behind him, her eyes then falling on his hand clutching hers. “Why did you agree to be my friend?”, she suddenly felt the need to ask.

He glanced back at her, confused. “Why did you agree to be mine?”

“You hurt me”, she confessed. “But that doesn’t mean I didn’t hurt you too”, she added sadly. She could tell he was upset too, the way he was looking at her. But Jack of course being Jack tried to cover that up.

“All the water I made you drink, all the walking we did and all you needed was a little chuck and you’re sober?”, he laughed.

“I was never drunk”, she scoffed, forgetting all about the pain she was feeling. “Maybe you were drunk”, she eyed him accusingly, poking him in the chest.

He was quick, grabbing her finger as she poked his arm. He pulled her in towards him and linked his arms around her waste so he could chuck her lightly down on the couch.

He wasn’t afraid of making her sick again, because he knew from experience that she could run a marathon after throwing up and it wouldn’t affect her at all. The alcohol however, would kick in again soon enough.

He hovered above her momentarily, her wide eyes and cheeky grin catching his attention as she giggled, trying desperately to free herself from his hold. “This is all I want”, he told her as he moved beside her. “As much as you may tempt me with all the other things…”, he looked at her knowingly. “I can deal without all the intimate stuff… kissing and cuddling and everything. I’m fine as long as you stay here”, he smiled, patting her knee.

She looked at him incredulously. “I’m staying here now, am I?”

“You can live with me”

“Live with you? Jack… I could not just live with you, even if we were together I don’t think I could ever live with you”, she shook her head with a laugh.

He feigned a smile, as if her words touched him. “You always did know how to make me feel special”, he smirked. “Does that mean you’re going to stay in the city?”

She nodded gingerly. “For now”

“Great. Be sure to visit me in two more years though”, he scoffed.

Before she could argue back she felt herself gag as she covered her mouth tightly. “Oh god”, she groaned before sprinting off back to the toilet.

About five minutes later, after Jack had ran in after her, they both emerged out as he directed her back towards the couch. “Alright”, he huffed, letting her lie down. He grabbed a nearby blanket and tucked her in. He held back the urge to reminisce on the numerous times he had done this before. “I think all you need to worry about is rugging up in front of the TV with the heater on”

She tried to object. “But Tash and Rob…”

“Will understand. I’ll go back and tell them what’s happening”, he assured her as he sat beside her on the couch, brushing a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

“And then you’ll come back?”, she said sleepily, her eyes closing heavily as he tickled the side of her face softly.

“Straight back”

Half an hour later…

Jack chucked his keys on the side table and placed down his bag. Thank god he didn’t drink, he thought… he really wouldn’t have been stuffed to walk anywhere else. He was about to tip toe his way through to the spare room, careful not to wake her when two blue eyes caught his attention. Staring at him intently. “Why aren’t you asleep miss?”, he smiled, making his way over towards her.

“Can’t sleep when I’m throwing up every 5 minutes”, she whined, curling into a tighter ball on her side. “Thanks for leaving the bucket by the way”

“Well… good thing I got that drink you always have when you’re sick then hey?”, he waved her favourite drink up in her line of view. It was this special drink from the chemist that always seemed to stop her from vomiting.

“You did!?”, her body shot up from the couch. “Yum”, she sang happily, her whole demeanour changing as she took the drink from his hands.

“Oh and… I’m staying in the spare room tonight, hence the bag, so they can have the house to themselves on their wedding night”, he informed her before taking his stuff into the spare room.

“Yeah we kind of owe them that”, she called out between each sip. She was desperately trying to down it so she wouldn’t feel so terrible.

“We?”, he poked his head slyly.

Realising he was right she scrimmaged down into the depth of the couch to avoid his stare. “Shh I’m sick, leave me alone”

------------------------------------

Later that night…

He rolled over again, trying to get comfortable in the foreign bed that strangely used to be his. “Jack”, he heard a distant whisper. “Pssstt, Jack”, it came again. He had to adjust his eyes to see through the darkness and he could only just make out her figure.

“Martha?”, he said groggily. “What are you doing? Were you sick again? Don’t tell me you missed the bucket”, he began fretting over each different scenario that would involve him cleaning her up.

“No, no, no”, she put his mind at rest, perching herself on the side of his bed. “I was just…”

“What time is it?”, he interrupted her, searching around for some sort of clock.

“I don’t know, 3”, she shrugged, ignoring his loud groan as he flopped back down on the bed and pulled the pillow over his head. “It’s just… weird having you stay over but not sleeping in the same room as you”, she confessed.

“Want to know I feel?”, he peaked from the pillow. “Relief. I don’t have someone whispering every 5 seconds… ‘Jack, what are you thinking?’… ‘Jack, are you still awake?’… ‘Jack, Jack, Jack’…”, he mimicked her from over the years.

She scrunched her brow, looking at him in shame. “That’s a terrible impression”, she rolled her eyes. “And so what, I can’t help it if I’m super fun and always tried to make our sleepovers exciting. I’m sorry that you’re Mr. boring and needed your sleep”

He sat up, preparing himself for a conversation. “I would have stayed awake if it was something more worthwhile”, he said cheekily.

“Sleeze”, she scolded him before laughing.

“You can sleep on the ground”, he nodded towards the empty carpet space next to the bed.

“No way, I’m sick… I need warmth”, she said. He noticed her slowly slugging her way towards the spot next to him.

“I’m not sleeping on the ground”, he said, amused.

“I didn’t ask you to? Hey, it’s not like I’m going to try anything”, she tried to defend herself, now sitting on top of the covers next to him.

“Oh really”, he mused.

“Get over yourself”, she just decided to go for it and slip underneath the covers. “See this is better”, she snuggled into the warmth of the bed.

Jack shook his head, also lying down. “I’m glad you’re comfortable but… oi!”, he felt two small hands slide across his stomach. “You liar!”

“I’m just cold”, she shivered.

Reluctantly, he pulled her hands from him. “I don’t care…it’s hard for me but I’m managing to keep my hands of you”

She smiled to herself as he moved further away from her, he was trying so hard to resist. “Goodnight cutie”, she giggled.

“Martha”

“What?”, she laughed at the sternness in his voice.

He sighed. “Goodnight”

She tried to curl up and get more warmth without touching him but it was hard. She really needed his body heat, she thought.

“Psst Jack”, she dared to whisper after a moments silence.

She felt his hand fall over her mouth in response, covering her from speaking again. “Alright I’ll speak to you in the morning then”, she managed to mumble before going to sleep.

---------------------------------

Next Chapter: The aftermath of all the alcohol :lol:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She let it linger for a moment before pulling away. "I really, really, really, really love you", she gushed, admiring him, before she realized what she had said. "Err... sh*t", she cursed herself. "That was way too soon wasn't it?"

He recaptured her lips in a more passionate kiss. "Nope", he grinned. "Because I really, really, really, really love you too", he laughed, copying her style of words. He pulled her in closer to him as he peppered small kisses on her lips.

That was really, really, really, really sweet! :wub:

“Fine. We’ll sit… and snuggle”, she drunkenly laughed, preparing to cuddle into him.

“A walk sounds good then”, he pulled her up from beside him as they set off for a walk by the shore.

Jack should have chosen the snuggling part.

“Fantastic different, mind blowingly amazing diff-”

His sarcasm went straight over her head and she muddled up what he was saying. “No Jack. I’m not talking about me… we’re talking about this girl”

:lol: Well, someone has a high opinion of themselves!

She stood in the bathroom, blow drier in hand as she continued to dry her dress.

I'd love to see that scene on the show! :lol:

“Want to know I feel?”, he peaked from the pillow. “Relief. I don’t have someone whispering every 5 seconds… ‘Jack, what are you thinking?’… ‘Jack, are you still awake?’… ‘Jack, Jack, Jack’…”, he mimicked her from over the years.

She scrunched her brow, looking at him in shame. “That’s a terrible impression”, she rolled her eyes. “And so what, I can’t help it if I’m super fun and always tried to make our sleepovers exciting. I’m sorry that you’re Mr. boring and needed your sleep”

That doesn't sound fun at all. I wouldn't like it if someone was whispering every five seconds when I'm trying to sleep. I'm with Jack! :)

“Goodnight cutie”, she giggled.

Aw. Jacky is a cutie! :lol:

“Psst Jack”, she dared to whisper after a moments silence.

She felt his hand fall over her mouth in response, covering her from speaking again. “Alright I’ll speak to you in the morning then”, she managed to mumble before going to sleep.

Lol. They really should get back together. I want to read more stuff like this. They're hilarious.

More please.

oh i love Martha and Jack soo much!! i love it when one of them is drunk they are always soooo cute!!!

this fic is great and i love it please update again soon!!! im loving the weekly updates, it gives me something to read at work on saturdays

its great please keep it up!! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived