HAPPY 4000TH EPISODE!

Guest James Martin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there we go, a great episode but appropriately ahnialated by Five, whose treatment of Home & Away throughout 2005 has been consistently shocking.

It was cut... after Will & Hayley's scene on the steps the action returns to Alf, Morag, Martha, Ric et al... Alf says something like "I don't know what I did wrong," to which Ric replies, "don't worry about him Grandad; he's a tosser," at which point Morag shouts "Ric!," scolding him for his language.

In the UK version, Morag had a go at Ric for doing completely nothing wrong.

Nice also to see we had the credits completely taken up by a promo for a show that's finishing in a week (hurry up next week!) featuring the word "Cow." Bit harsh for 6pm that, isn't it Five?

I've just realied how much better the 95 theme tune is than the current one though.

I can't believe that Five cut the episode - even Home and Away's 4000th episode was not safe from the wrath of the editors! Grrrr! :angry: Still, a very fitting and reminiscent episode - bring back the old theme tune! Here's to another 4000 + episodes of Home and Away!

I do think 5 were right to cut out the 'T' word. Younger children could have been watching and I don't think that they should be exposed to that sort of language.

Can you imagine kids across the country asking their parents "Mum, Whats a T***er?".

Anyhow, it doesn't really matter, it's not as if it was pivital to the storyline.

Congratulations Home and Away on 4000 episodes! :)

But was it REALLY necessary to go spoil such a special episode for the sake of the word "tosser"?

Channel Seven obviously felt it was OK, as did writer Dan Bennett.

The edit itself was absoloutely shocking. It was very obvious material was taken out.

The ads went in a silly, silly place too.

This episode got real bad treatment from Five, it must be said.

Home and Away's treatment by Five this year has been apaaling I'll admit that, but compared to what ITV used to do Five is a godsend.

Regarding the 'T' word, Australia and the U.K have different standards on swearing I would have thought. So I don't blame Five for doing the safer thing and cutting it out. Neither my Mum or Dad notcied that anything was cut so I don't think it was particularly obvious.

I agree with you on the Ads though, I don't just see why Five don't put an add break at the same time that 7 do. Is it really neccessary to have it exactly half way through an episode?

Archived