HAPPY 4000TH EPISODE!

Guest James Martin

Sally's speech - now I know I've not been watching Home and Away for yonks like some of you, but if I do say so myself, I feel like I know a fair bit.

I've got episodes from earlier on, 2001, and whilst Sally was closer to Alf than she was to other characters and Alf probably played some sort of role in Sally's life, this bond between that has sprung up recently seems to be a "last-two remaining, let's show that they've been here a long time" vehicle, rather than anything else. Made me feel slightly nauseus, even if I probably agreed with everything she said.

Episode 3999 was much better than 4000 IMO.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Xmas everyone!

Re the edit, I had an idea something was amiss but couldn't place it.

Are Omnibuses edited separately ? In ep 3999 Morag asked if anyone wanted a drink and someone (Sophie?), I think said "Yeah I will thanks!" but in the omnibus said "Yeah I will..." before the scene seemed to jump abruptly! Maybe just me imagining it?

Did anyone notice that during the montage when the music reached the dramatic beat that was precisely when Ailsa dropped in the diner, it was almost comical (but not really, I know).

Does anyone think that Seven deliberately puts in the occasional disallowed thing (word/storyline etc) to test it's broadcasters comitment to the show?

BTW I'm sure in an episode the other week Scott said F**k Off! Or if it was Rack Off it sounded odd!

I missed it! I missed the whole of last week because I was working! :( I should still be able to see episode 4000 today though, right? At 12.30, or is it 12.00 now? Anyway, I'll look out for it.. but I'm thinking that as it's Boxing Day and all, it might not be on! :o Damn if it's not! But I've gotten a great rundown of what's happened from this thread anyway so thanks! :)

From what I've heard though, episode 4001 is better so I'll be watching that tonight!

It was on at 12, I saw it! Missed most of it on Friday cos I was getting ready to go out, but it was great. Loved all the oldies coming back, especially Sarah!

Ryan, I agree with you about the Sally/Alf relationship. I always thought she was closer to Don, as he was like her mentor when she was at school and training to become a teacher. But I guess there has to be some sort of bond there when they've known each other for so long. Maybe she was just grateful that he's the only person who hasn't left her! :lol:

Archived