HAPPY 4000TH EPISODE!

Guest James Martin

Just seen Ep 4000 and it was a great episode.

A few tears were shed as Sally made her speech - those kind of moments in Sally's life are always tearjerkers because for any of us viewers in our 20s, we've basically grown up alongside Sally Fletcher and long may that continue. Loved how she acknowledged that Alf had been by her side through all the bad times as much as the good times, and Celia's reference to the love Alf had for Ailsa was lovely.

And Bobby's Theme. So wonderful to hear it again, that tune alone always makes me want to bloody cry.. it sums up Bobby so well, and I think - although it was only ever used for Bobby previously - it was appropriate to use it in this episode.

The flashbacks were great, my only criticism being that it kind of went by super fast and some obvious characters were missing, like Steven and Carly. Loved how it finished on one of the great love stories of H&A - Noah and Hayley, loved the bit where Noah is seen to mouth "I love you Mrs Lawson".

Barbara's return was slightly disappointing.. while I was thrilled to see the original actress back in the role, I really think they should have included a scene with her and Donald to sort of resolve the ludicrous storyline in the mid 90s where she came back played as a total bitch and exposed as an attempted murdress.

And it would have been nice if Sarah had at least said something.

But on the whole, a lovely nostalgic episode.. and it even finished with echoes of a previous shocker - Tom's car crash in 89... very similar, I thought.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched this episode and the next one and yeah, thought they were both brilliant. I didn't think Home and Away had gotten bad, but watching these two just shows how good it can be.

What particularly amazed me was Ric. Mark Furze is a much better actor than I ever gave him credit for before, episode 4001 showed off his talent! He's great. Saying that though, everyone in these two episodes was great. I didn't recognise everyone because I've not been watching for too long but it was nice that there was people from the past there.

Brilliant.

Archived